We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesBulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goofy

Goofy

Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! Empty
PostSubject: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:46 am

Hi folks, my new Bulls Dartboard arrived today so thought i'd post up a review for you Very Happy

Rightyho, off with the packaging and here's what we have:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Open up the box and we're presented with two bags of goodies, one has the excellent Bulls rotating bracket and the other contains the old skool metal bracket!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now onto the good stuff, out comes the board itself!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is a beautiful looking board, the colours are so contrasting - the white sections are the cleanest of any board ive ever seen! My Blade4 seems to have 'veins' in the white section but none of that here!

Next up a couple of pics of the bull and T20 sections:

Could envisage getting the odd bounce-out off of the encroaching wires just inside the outer bull....... expected a bit better there - the outer and inner bull on my Blade 4 are far better.

Now onto the boards branding signs:

Next up is the spider, tried to get a decent picture to show how well embedded it is - pretty much flush to the board which is good!

Then we flip the board over and we see that it was made in february!

Well, i think that's about enough of the close-ups - lets see what it looks like up on the wall!

Looks damn sexy don't you think? Very Happy Had a few throws and what i've noticed right away is that it is a lot harder than the Blade 4, here's a close-up of my darts in the Bulls board then below it another pic from my Blade 4:

BULLS

BLADE4

As you can see, BIG difference! I wouldnt recommend this board to anyone with a weak/loopy type of throw, you're definitely gonna get drop outs! Not an issue for me thankfully and this may actually be a blessing as it 'should' help the board to last longer Very Happy

All in all i'm pretty impressed with it, it really does look lovely from the oche! In fact, i would have given it a 10/10 for myself if it wasnt for this.........

For a dartboard that costs nearly £40 that is a tad disappointing! Thankfully when you're standing at the oche you cant really notice it at all but still....... that lets it down!

Well, hope you enjoyed reading my drivel and looking at the pictures! Will post an update on board wear and tear in a month or so! Happy darting, Goof! Very Happy

PS, a couple of the pics have turned themselves upside down........ and for once im perfectly sober so it must be the pics that are drunk lol!
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 am

That is a fine looking board goofy. I see what you mean about not having the veins like Blade 4 but I actually kind of like the way the veins make the Blade 4 look. I do agree that is a fine looking board though. That one wire is disappointing no doubt. It is only that one wire that got messed up though, right? The rest are all in proper order, yes?
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 am

Very nice review too. Failed to mention that Very Happy good job
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:25 am

Well done Goofy a + 1 for this mate!

I liked my Bulls 2 and I see that the Bulls 3 has a slightly better spider, I am glad they have made it flusher to the board too, but they still have those not so good parts where it joins together and the Bull has only been cleaned up marginally.

Now one point you mentioned is the lack of veins, I think I said in my review of the Eclipse HD that my Bulls 2 had no visible veins, which is why I think Unicorn were copying off the Bulls board. After having tried the Blade 4 though I think it has the best spider, and the hardness of the Bulls could be the reason I get a lot of bounce outs even now after 2 years of use. The thing is that hardness translates into a board that lasts a long time, so I think your right in saying if you have a light throw it may not be a wise move to get a Bulls, it does soften a little but my Bulls 2 is still quite hard.

The clean looks and vibrant colours are what made me get a Bulls 2 and this Bulls 3 seems to carry on that style. It will certainly last well i believe, I dont think the Eclipse HD is holding up as well so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:33 am

That is one nice looking board.

Great review. +1
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:41 am

awesome review, very detailed!!! DartsNutz Reviewer badge on the way Goofy!
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:01 am

Lefty544 wrote:
That one wire is disappointing no doubt. It is only that one wire that got messed up though, right? The rest are all in proper order, yes?

Yep, just the one mate, seems that they use one long wire right the way around the board so there is a join at one point! Whereas the Blade 4 has lots of separate wires!

Lefty544 wrote:
Very nice review too. Failed to mention that Very Happy good job

Cheers mate!

getagrip wrote:
Well done Goofy a + 1 for this mate!

I liked my Bulls 2 and I see that the Bulls 3 has a slightly better spider, I am glad they have made it flusher to the board too, but they still have those not so good parts where it joins together and the Bull has only been cleaned up marginally.

Now one point you mentioned is the lack of veins, I think I said in my review of the Eclipse HD that my Bulls 2 had no visible veins, which is why I think Unicorn were copying off the Bulls board. After having tried the Blade 4 though I think it has the best spider, and the hardness of the Bulls could be the reason I get a lot of bounce outs even now after 2 years of use. The thing is that hardness translates into a board that lasts a long time, so I think your right in saying if you have a light throw it may not be a wise move to get a Bulls, it does soften a little but my Bulls 2 is still quite hard.

The clean looks and vibrant colours are what made me get a Bulls 2 and this Bulls 3 seems to carry on that style. It will certainly last well i believe, I dont think the Eclipse HD is holding up as well so far.

Sounds about right mate! I've only ever bought one Unicorn board and it didnt hold up well at all....... that was one of the deciding factors in going for the Bulls3 rather than the EclipseHD Smile

Winmau wrote:
That is one nice looking board.

Great review. +1

Cheers bud!

USMC80 wrote:
awesome review, very detailed!!! DartsNutz Reviewer badge on the way Goofy!

Cheers mate!
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 am

Very nice and tidy really detailed review there Goof! A first time buyer would certainly appreciate this review as well as us lot, a +1 from me my friend! saucepot

Ps. Did you get the Jonathan Part darts today/yesterday mate? Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Great review and pics - +1 from me as well.

I've got a little while before I need to get a new board but if I had to choose between this one and the Eclipse HD then it would be this one. The little ends in the semi bull and the crossovers where the spider wires meet aren't great given the price of the thing, but I don't think they would worry me too much.

I've heard conflicting reports on the Harrows boards so not sure about their one any more, but the One80 Gold comes out shortly (November I understand) and I wouldn't mind seeing a review on that when it comes out Darren lol.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 pm

That spider setup is very similar to the Puma Bandit.
The bull looks exactly the same and it has the same join.
the bandit has veins in it though.

good review two thumbs up and a big toe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:33 pm

lol! Just noticed this

Goofy wrote:

Therefor if it is the same as my Bandit the center bull ring is held in with a dob of HEAT GLUE. Arfter a while my bull ring came out so I kept hitting it back in.
got pissed off with the loose ring so when it came out enough I drilled 2 holes as close to the bottom of it on each side, I then got some 100lb (or so) SINGLE STRAND FISHING WIRE and made 2 length folded in half and put 1 legth in each hole. I then drilled with a very small bit through to the back of the board and wried the sucker in.

Been 6 months and it hasnt moved Very Happy

Maybe i just got a dud but you could feel the lump of glue whe you poked down the edges of the bullring with a dart. It was quite close to the surface about 8mm deep.

Hopefully they have fixed this with there Bulls boards.

My 2 cents
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Great review and pics - +1 from me as well.

I've got a little while before I need to get a new board but if I had to choose between this one and the Eclipse HD then it would be this one. The little ends in the semi bull and the crossovers where the spider wires meet aren't great given the price of the thing, but I don't think they would worry me too much.

I've heard conflicting reports on the Harrows boards so not sure about their one any more, but the One80 Gold comes out shortly (November I understand) and I wouldn't mind seeing a review on that when it comes out Darren lol.

Would be nice to see that gold one, but it wont keep its nice looks after a few weeks of the spider been hit.

DIRTY G wrote:
Goofy wrote:

lol! Just noticed this

I was talking to a Dutch guy on Twitter a few weeks ago, if I remember rightly he said he had had his Bulls 3 since November of last year.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 pm

^^^^^^GRIP^^^^^^
like I said I could have got a dud. The bull took over a year to pop out.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 pm

great review goofy, +1!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Dirty, you beat me to it. I have a bandit as well, no probs with the bull ring yet and mine is a hand me down board. They are a very tightly packed board. Get a nice solid sound when the dart hits.

Great review Goofy, I really like the fact that they give you a choice of mounting bracket. Very nice touch.

+1 from me mate.

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:02 am

Nice review Goofy a plus 1 from me mate.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 am

Great review Goofy, +1
Back to top Go down
dwells

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:21 am

I have a "DMI Bandit" and it seems to be the same exact board just rebranded. It is a hard board. I don't think that it's made with biscuits like a lot of boards. The outer part of the board seems to be softer than the inner part. It is a nice board though.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 am

shot dmi and bulls are all the same i think . not tried one yet but the do seem like good boards from what i hear
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 am

dwells wrote:
I have a "DMI Bandit" and it seems to be the same exact board just rebranded. It is a hard board. I don't think that it's made with biscuits like a lot of boards. The outer part of the board seems to be softer than the inner part. It is a nice board though.

Yeah my Bulls 2 was very hard. maybe too hard for my soft throw Smile
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:48 am

Great pics Goofy...nice board all in all.......hard to find a perfect board!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!   Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulls Advantage 3 Dartboard - A Goofy review!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-