We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesLong or Short Shafts ? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Long or Short Shafts ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Long or Short Shafts ? Empty
PostSubject: Long or Short Shafts ?   Long or Short Shafts ? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:55 am

Long or Short Shafts?

Using different length shafts and dart fights will change the way the dart fly’s. There isn’t a best shaft or flight to use as this is personal preference. If you are a watcher of darts and new to the game you will notice all darters will have their own preference in shaft length and type, plastic, metal, aluminium and nylon.

As a guide Short shafts tend to move the centre of gravity of the dart towards the front end of the barrel. For good throwing most dart throwers hold their darts at this point so if you hold your darts at the front end of the barrel the short shafts might be best suited to your throw. Long shaft will effectively move the centre of gravity of the dart towards the back, so if you throw your darts holding them at the back of the dart a long shaft my suit you better than short shafts.

citation A Kramer
Back to top Go down
coolhandfluke

coolhandfluke

PostSubject: Re: Long or Short Shafts ?   Long or Short Shafts ? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 am

my barrels are only 38mm so mediums seam best for me i would put longer stems on short barrels short on longer barrels surpose its about fing the center of gravity.

ie imaging putting extra short on dum dums..........lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Long or Short Shafts ?   Long or Short Shafts ? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:12 am

yeah I guess it all depends on how the shaft length alters the barrels balance, I use medium mostly but on barrels longer than 50mm I prefer a short stem
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Shane McCaslin

Shane McCaslin

PostSubject: Re: Long or Short Shafts ?   Long or Short Shafts ? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 am

I use a short shaft. Although flights will affect this as well. a good test is if your dart are hanging down in the board (flight way below the point) you may want to try a slightly shorter shaft. If the flight is way above the point you may want to try a slightly longer shaft. A bit of angle can be a good thing. Especially if you use a standard flight. If still gives you an open view of your target. But if it's a lot in one direction or the other you may want to change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long or Short Shafts ?   Long or Short Shafts ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Long or Short Shafts ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1