We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAnnoying Dart features LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Annoying Dart features

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stuart180

Stuart180

Annoying Dart features Empty
PostSubject: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Whats annoys you about darts ? (as in the actual dart).

One big common problem for me is that manufactures seem to like to slap a big smooth lump on a set of darts for a players signature to go or just random, this normally ends up right where one of my fingers sits and makes what ever grip the darts had void.

Example -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Also noticed those new Target Carrera darts have done the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 pm

man u are spot on with this one
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Hmm not really sure, I cant think of anything in particular really.

Maybe the choice of stems and flights they sometimes provide is not that great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
man u are spot on with this one

It's really annoying because I find a dart with grip I think would be great but end up being totally pointless because my fingers end up slipping on the smooth part.

One other thing I don't like is Unicorns points, horrible things that never seem to sharpen properly (or they just end a complete mess)
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 am

Dam things don't go where I tell them to!! space fighter
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am

davidsproull wrote:
Dam things don't go where I tell them to!! space fighter

LOL yep I find that very annoying too! lol!
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:37 am

I loathe the number 1. hate it hate it hate it hate it
Back to top Go down
Shane McCaslin

Shane McCaslin

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 5:25 am

The thing I disliked most is starting to be resolved by some companies. I wish more companies just sold barrel only. I don't need the flights and shafts (or even the case for that matter). I'm going to put the flight and shaft combination that I like on them and I'm going to put them in my case. I understand having all of that for a novice player who needs the complete set and case, but most of the people buying high end darts are experienced players and are going to set them up the way they like them and toss the shaft, flights and case that comes with them. It would make them cheaper and reduce waste.

Also, since I'm on a rant, has anyone else noticed a lot of the barrels coming from Japan only have grips at the back of the barrel? I like some of the designs, but I grip my darts at the front. What gives? Are they saying "You are supposed to grip at the back and if you don't then we don't want your business." The last few months I've seen more coming out with more grip to the middle and front, but for a long time it seems they only had grip near the back of the barrel and the rest was smooth.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:04 am

Shane McCaslin wrote:
The thing I disliked most is starting to be resolved by some companies. I wish more companies just sold barrel only. I don't need the flights and shafts (or even the case for that matter). I'm going to put the flight and shaft combination that I like on them and I'm going to put them in my case. I understand having all of that for a novice player who needs the complete set and case, but most of the people buying high end darts are experienced players and are going to set them up the way they like them and toss the shaft, flights and case that comes with them. It would make them cheaper and reduce waste.

Also, since I'm on a rant, has anyone else noticed a lot of the barrels coming from Japan only have grips at the back of the barrel? I like some of the designs, but I grip my darts at the front. What gives? Are they saying "You are supposed to grip at the back and if you don't then we don't want your business." The last few months I've seen more coming out with more grip to the middle and front, but for a long time it seems they only had grip near the back of the barrel and the rest was smooth.

Ya right,
what the hell. I grip toward the front too.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:06 am

The darts from Japan are too expensive anyway, but I never noticed that about the grip, if thats the case then its a bit remiss of them.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:58 pm

The Japanese ones I have looked at seemed to have a lot of grip up front and smoothe at the back. Just the opposite of what I wanted. Or there barrels are weird shapes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Shane McCaslin wrote:

Excellent point Shane. It does seem to be a waste with all the junk cases and extra flights & stems.

Barrels only should be an option for all darts. Put one of those little black holders on the points, stick em in a little plastic bag

and ship them out. Would drop costs quite a bit I imagine.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:02 pm

The soft tip darts I bought from Darts Warehouse were barrels only, they came in a blister pack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
The soft tip darts I bought from Darts Warehouse were barrels only, they came in a blister pack.

I've bought a few darts that were barrels only from A180 and PureDarts.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Annoying dart features?

Movable points. Tried them for a short period of time when it seemed like

everyone in the USA had to have them. Then I realized that NONE of the pro's

I watched in the BDO (at the time) used them.

Worst gimmick ever imo.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Gota go with stuart180 on this one
for me Its the smooth bit they put right in the middle at the balance point.
Oh and when they change the shape of the barrel when the dart steps up a gram or 2.
Storms for instance the 25g short thick every thing else long thin. WTF
The Highlanders are another example, although I'd like to try something like the 24g. But again smooth dalancepoint.

Check out the 24g highlander here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Dart features   Annoying Dart features Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoying Dart features

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1