We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDesigna Referee Tool LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Designa Referee Tool

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Designa Referee Tool Empty
PostSubject: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:28 am

I got this little tool sometime ago from Dartscorner when it first came out, click here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Price is a very reasonable £4.99

When I first seen it I thought what a great idea its just what I wanted!

Basically all it is, is a level to make sure the dartboard is aligned properly, and for someone like me with poor eyesight its a great tool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see from the pics, its rather basic and a little crudely made from aluminium. It is designed to fit in the frame of the big segment of the 20.

Here is a pic of my board aligned by my eyes:

Looks straight to me, but thought I would check with the Referee Tool, so here we go:

As you can see its a little off, the tool has a little hole which you can insert a dart into to hold it in place while you adjust the board like so:

All square now so I'm happy! Very Happy

There is a slightly deluxe version of this tool that has a built in sharpenner, but I was not bothered about that really.

I think its a fantastic little idea and its very useful to have everytime you rotate your board you can use it and be confident the board is correctly aligned. Would also be handy to take if you play in comps and there is discussion over whether the board is straight, just whip out your tool (oo er missus') and in now time you can check.

When I first got it I dropped it onto the carpeted floor and the little vial came off, but I glued it back on with superglue and its been fine since.

For me this tool is a 9/10 would have been a 10 but marked it down a little as it is a little crudely made as I said above.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:14 am

I've got the basic edition as well - nice piece of kit, makes rotating the board every week a lot easier. I even used it one week at one of our league matches to prove the board wasn't straight.

The deluxe version, as well as including the sharpening stone, includes a plastic point protector for your darts as well.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:21 am

Yeah its quite amazing this thing was not made years ago, when I see all the inventive things that were out in the 70's and 80's.
Back to top Go down
Dalman

Dalman

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 am

That's a really handy tool. Only wish i'd read this before I put an order in 2 days ago.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:43 am

i was all gung ho on buying one then i realized you could just make a plumb line with two barrels and some string. i'm also not very ocd and i know that most of the boards i play on in league aren't perfectly straight :pirat:
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:14 pm

I purchased one from A180 Darts (the BULLS brand), magic idea & stops alot of arguments (a shame Russ and others dont have one on stage).. I gave mine to the president of our association.. he didnt know what it was but he now uses it for all championships we have, makes sure he checks the boards before matches start and that the people see the boards are being checked.

Good investment Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Almost one year ago, not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm

I have the deluxe version, it works very nice Very Happy

And as someone else said, it makes the rotation of the board so much easier Smile But of course, then you go out and play in some shady and musky place with a half-rotten board where the board are quite out of line.

damn, I had the problem with a board not lined up at the Winmau World Masters, so we had to align it before the game Smile So dodgy placed boards are everywhere Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Did you take your tool with you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designa Referee Tool   Designa Referee Tool Empty

Back to top Go down

Designa Referee Tool

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-