We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnicorn Uni-tool Review.  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unicorn Uni-tool Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Watsontotty

Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  Empty
PostSubject: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 am

Bought myself a Uni-tool after looking at the various options in terms of a dart re pointer, previously i owned the a180 version which i didn't like and sold on quickly so ive been considering for a while if there were a better option but one which didn't cost something like £100.00.

I have looked at others opinions of the uni-tool both the positives and negatives so thought i would give one a try and decide for myself and do a honest review which could help others decide if the product would work for them.

The product looks well made and fairly durable but i will check this as i go however so far i have removed and put in around 20 sets of new points into various darts for myself and friends, the product its self is so simple to use its very quick to remove points 5 seconds each possibly less and around 10 seconds per point for fitting new points and as i said its a very very simple tool which ive found very easy to use.

Others have mentioned they have bent points by using too much pressure however so far absolutely no issues there for me, the only slight negative is that the tool wont fit target diamond points and wont remove target storms ( not sure why you would want to remove storms though ) im told fitting storms is no probs so ive ordered some to try this out, ive fitted various points like board grip etc etc and its simply so very simple.

A class product which is just so simple and reliable a big thumbs up from me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:54 am

Excellent review Watsontotty. Please come back and update this thread as you find out more about the pros and cons of the repointer good job
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks Rich! sounds quite good from what you say.

On the box it does say "for use with all Unicorn darts and points" so I guess if you were to bend or break a point or dart that was not Unicorn they might say its not there fault?

Have a +1 mate. good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 am

It is a good tool.....and the best for the money.....the A180 tool is too hard on your hands as what I have seen....lol....I have the unitool and I have the target re-pointer...which is too much money!!! As far as I'm concerned the unitool is the fastest and easiest one to use! The only downfall is when taking points out it leaves marks on the tips....but if you are not using them again it doesn't matter!!! Also if you turn too much you will bend the tip of your darts!!!
The Target Re-Pointer is easy to use but not as fast......but watch, it is easier to turn the points in....so if they are not going in, do not force them in!!! So all and all these are the best two on the market......but would choose the unitool over the Target Re-Pointer!!!!
Back to top Go down
tutb62

tutb62

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 pm

i used it to put my storm points in with it and it didnt break any yippee was a bit scared with usin it incase they broke so a +1 for the unitool from me need more strom points for spares lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 am

Wonder what the policy is on re-pointing darts with Storm points, if they break and your using a non Target re-pointer will they replace them?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 am

great review Rick! DNutz reviewer badge is on its way.
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 am

The points i was given with the tool are not unicorn ones they are just in a little plastic bag so i think they are a different make and work no problems at all. I would guess that just a marketing tool from Unicorn saying for use with unicorn darts and points as ive used it on target darts as well as bulls and winmau etc etc.

Storm points shouldn't be an issue fitting either but they haven't arrived yet so will check this asap but in my opinion the quickest and simplest tool on the market ive found so far, it can at times leave little marks on the points but thats not an issue as you normally sharpen most points and the a180 tool i had which was brand new also left marks on the points.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Nice review Rick, +1 from me mate.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Good review! +1!

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Think I may have to get one of these then. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Great review Tott have a +1 from me fella! saucepot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Uni-tool Review.    Unicorn Uni-tool Review.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Uni-tool Review.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Product Reviews-