We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDart Coatings LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Dart Coatings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spat66

spat66

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:33 am

Curious to see who likes a dart with the titanium coating or prefer the natural tungsten. Black, Gold, Silica or what ever else is out there. I like the coatings - I have several black and a couple gold. I haven't tried the silica but I do have some Winmau Highlanders that have a bronze coating. The only darts I have that I don't care for the coating is my Colin Lloyd Pro stone Black. It just seems too slick - probably because the dart is smooth in that one area where I grip. Got a brand new set and dont care for them - guess I got to get rid of them and make room for something else!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 am

not a fan of the black, especially after seeing Unicorns coating chip off in no time
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:47 am

The Black coatings look nice when new but horrid when chipped unless you like that beat up battle scarred look.

I like the Gold Ti coatings, the Silica coating is very nice and hard wearing too.

Worse coating has to be the Latinum and Machina coatings, both horrible especially the latinum when it chips and wears.

I like some of the PVD coloured coatings too.

I like the feel of the atomised coatings.

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
maverick

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:55 am

If i were to be totally honest i prefer the good old fashioned Copper Tungsten darts personally , Nothing fancy , nothing over techy just good darts
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:26 am

Silic is my personal favorite, and i agree, the Unicorn black finish is aweful, had a set of Nicholsonf for just over a week that looked smashed to bits, never again.
On the other hand, the silica coating on my Lewis' is still standing up straong after almost 4 months, definate 10/10 in my book.

Love copper tungsten and I do like the gold coatings too.

I have not personally had a problem with Latiunum coating but the Machina is pure death IMO, even as new it looks the pits.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:34 am

I prefer the gold and silica as well - black is very nice when new but the Target black fades to a muddy sort of colour, not sure about the Harrows Black ICE as I don't use them enough to know if that fades over time.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:45 am

I agree on the black but I still like it. My Targets and Winmaus held up alot better than the Unicorns and McCoys. My McCoys look battered but I love the feel of them as it's wore down - probably should be throwing those darts full time! The bronze coating on my Highlanders hasn't been tested too much - for some reason I can't get them to fly straight! beautiful dart though
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 am

I prefer natural really!!
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 am

I prefer natural.

Because of the bad reviews of the Unicorn Black Titanium coating, I have not used my black Phase 5 until I get a second set in another coating or if the urge to use them becomes unbearable.

The atomised coating on my Andy Fordham Viking is not to shabby.

The best coating so far, for me, is the Target Silica - really tough and beautiful at the same time.

I haven't tried gold but I'm looking forward to get a gold-coated set, perhaps another Phase 5 or Chizzy darts, in the near future.

Does anyone have an opinion with the Target Zirconium and Perfect Storm, and Winmau Black PVD coatings?
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:31 am

I have perfect storms and it's held up pretty good-they still look good although some nicks. I also have some Winmaus Darryl Fitton black- the pvd is the best one I've ran across. I used these darts for over a year in league and tournaments and they look better than any of the unicorn blacks after two weeks of use
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 am

I had the Ted Hankey atomised darts. They were good when new for grip, but after a few weeks the surface became smooth, and I found it hard to maintain grip.
Ended up sanding the barrels down to the bare metal and found them better to grip.
Then decided to get some Elven copper tungstens darts made (based on Ted Hankey 14gram darts) and I love them.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 pm

spat66 wrote:
I agree on the black but I still like it. My Targets and Winmaus held up alot better than the Unicorns and McCoys. My McCoys look battered but I love the feel of them as it's wore down - probably should be throwing those darts full time! The bronze coating on my Highlanders hasn't been tested too much - for some reason I can't get them to fly straight! beautiful dart though

aww those McCoys are good darts mate.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Copper tungsten has a nice feel as it ages so I like that too.

The PVD coatings by Red Dragon/Winmau are very nice and not had any issues with them, but not used a set long enough yet to judge its wear.

I had the Target Zirconium Lewis darts but other than the different colour I could see no real benefit of that particular coating?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

Dart Coatings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Coatings   Dart Coatings Empty

Back to top Go down

Dart Coatings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1