We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTarget Carrera Darts - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Target Carrera Darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dannyd180

dannyd180

Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:15 am

getagrip wrote:
mc1958 wrote:
I'm sure I've seen that sort of pattern somewhere as well Darren - been wracking my brains but it's difficult to check here at work

I know I just cant think and its bugging me, may have been a similar pattern but not the whole barrel

I know what you mean, but can't put my finder on it either. I've had a look on the Rakuten market and can't find anything. the only thing with 'holes' in the sides of the barrels are the hexoset darts.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:07 am

worried about stuff getting into the holes!! I mean grip and pizza dough would be a big problem. lol
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 am

Personally, I expected a new alloy instead a new grip, so it was a bit of a letdown. At least Target is trying to be innovative. Only time will tell (August 30?) if many people will buy into the idea and get a set. The grip looks to be a comfortable one despite its aggressive look, but I would have to try it myself. Would I buy it? That would depend on my budget and Grip's full review, when he gets one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am

Underwhelming for the hype, but that's almost always the case. Very striking looking. Look like darts Batman would throw. Would love to toss them, but like cutter, I'll wait for Grip's review and some jaded buyers. No dart is actually "worth" what you pay for it. If Target can capitalize on the hype, why shouldn't they? The market will decide if it's properly priced. The good news is none us HAVE to buy darts. The bad news is oil, energy, food prices are high too and most of us can't do without those.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 am

I can't wait for Grip's review! happy dude
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:22 pm

No sense getting excited since they are still a month out. I do like the looks of the C4 though and will probably talk myself into getting a set (if I can find a dealer that will send them over here). 80 bucks is a little steep just to be the first kid on the block to have a set, but we are kind of revolutionary over here. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 am

I was talking to the owner of a darts shop today and he has tried these darts. He said he didnt like them and he thinks the new grip pattern has a potential flaw, in that the 'holes' could cause bounce outs with colliding darts, if an oncoming dart point hits one of the holes, similar to what happens with the holes on Ali stems. I think he has a point!!
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 am

The straight set are going to be used by Aide Lewis and the other set are for Scott Rand or so Iv'e heard. I like the look of them but looks can be deceiving so I would need to have a throw with them before I purchased any. I don't think £50-00 is so bad but I do agree with a few of you when you say nice dart wrong time during a recession. However some have money to burn still so I think they will sell purely based on that they are different. Imagine all those germs in those holes though from sweaty hands just breeding away. Not as easily cleaned as a set of ringed darts, but i suppose that won't be a thought in many people's heads as I wonder sometimes if I am the only person who cleans his darts every few months or so. Anyway that's a different topic for a different day.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:19 am

You will spend most of your time cleaning out the holes....lol...they are running out of ideas!!!!! Sleep
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Big Gun wrote:
The straight set are going to be used by Aide Lewis and the other set are for Scott Rand or so Iv'e heard. I like the look of them but looks can be deceiving so I would need to have a throw with them before I purchased any. I don't think £50-00 is so bad but I do agree with a few of you when you say nice dart wrong time during a recession. However some have money to burn still so I think they will sell purely based on that they are different. Imagine all those germs in those holes though from sweaty hands just breeding away. Not as easily cleaned as a set of ringed darts, but i suppose that won't be a thought in many people's heads as I wonder sometimes if I am the only person who cleans his darts every few months or so. Anyway that's a different topic for a different day.

Sounds like another rumour to me, especially when they have just brought out a Rand Storm dart, which other than a slight similarity in shape is nothing like the Carrera dart. Same with Lewis really, can't see him changing from his darts to these!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Interesting points guys, they could cause deflections but I cant see that been any different than darts that are already out there, look at razor edge darts for example, they must have the best chance of deflecting a point more than any other style of grip.

As for germs breeding in the holes, again thats perfectly plausible, but just the same for any style of grip that has areas that collects sweat and grime etc... But I think your right Kev its something people should take note of and clean their darts more for that reason.

I should really clean my pc's keyboard its disgusting!!! affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Ha ha glad I got you thinking there. I got it on good authority that the straight ones were 4 Aide and the other set for Scott but who knows like you said it could just be a rumour, we will have to wait & see over the next few months to see who's using what.

I rarely let others throw with my darts it's just a personal thing but I lick my fingers before I throw so imagine letting someone else use your darts that is not as hygienic as you then you use them lick your fingers and put their germs in your mouth. We all know how many times people don't wash their hands after going to the gents, that's why I never eat the free peanuts on the bar either lol.

Anyway great forum great banter & I am proud to be part of it
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:36 pm

getagrip wrote:
Interesting points guys, they could cause deflections but I cant see that been any different than darts that are already out there, look at razor edge darts for example, they must have the best chance of deflecting a point more than any other style of grip.

As for germs breeding in the holes, again thats perfectly plausible, but just the same for any style of grip that has areas that collects sweat and grime etc... But I think your right Kev its something people should take note of and clean their darts more for that reason.

Rumor has it that a small family can dine offa ya keyboard. lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:58 am

SilverSaber wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Rumor has it that a small family can dine offa ya keyboard. lol!

No Larry, they wood die if they did. its got dried puke, snot, tea, food all over it LOL! I'm a dirty fiend! Grips smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Just a heads up on these, if you check them out on Pure Darts it is advertised as £49.99 but if you click the info button they are actually cheaper £34.99 (Excluding VAT) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 pm

That's a better price - but I still think they are ugly lol.

I just checked and there isn't a pre-order button - wonder if the price will change when they are actually in stock?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Not sure I think its set at 18% less than advertised retail price.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Don't know about all the shops, but A180 sent out an email yesterday on these and other things - these are now delayed for a few days (10th September from memory). DC reckon they are due to get them in on Monday next week as well, but wouldn't surprise me if they don't get them until 10th as well.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

maybe the manufacture of them took longer than they thought?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

next they sell a micro tool to clean the little holes. Then a special liquid to soak them over night. then a special cloth that cleans the holes. Then,then,then $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol. Show them the money
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:24 am

dont think its an issue myself, all darts collect gunk.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:06 am

These are available to buy now at Pure Darts £43 after you click the buy button.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 am

Got the Carrera's today, review coming soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:46 am

Wonder how Pure Darts got their orders and the other retailers didn't?

At least £43 is getting to a better price for them - still ugly to me, but look forward to seeing your review and some decent pictures of them - can't see it, but they might change my mind lol
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:50 am

getagrip wrote:
Got the Carrera's today, review coming soon! Very Happy

Which ones Darren? I've ordered a set of the 21g ones (a congratulatory present for myself for giving up the smokes Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:57 am

Nice one Goofy - now don't be tempted back to that nasty weed!!! How long so far?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:57 am

23g c3
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:32 am

mc1958 wrote:
Nice one Goofy - now don't be tempted back to that nasty weed!!! How long so far?

6 days and counting! Didn't have much choice tbh, collapsed last sunday afternoon after taking the dog out, couldn't breathe! Managed to phone an ambulance thankfully, paramedics arrived and got me on a nebulizer machine which seemed to do the trick! Spent the next 3 nights in hospital........ turns out i've got asthma....... and just been diagnosed with it at the age of 32 Laughing So decided i was never smoking another cig...... too scared Laughing On steroids and antibiotics atm (the asthma was brought on by a cold/flu virus apparently), feeling a lot better if a little tired Smile
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 am

getagrip wrote:
23g c3

Same shape, bit heavy for me though Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 am

Well I have had a few throws with them and I like them, got a T5 and 2 T20's with my first 3 darts too, which is good for me lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Target Carrera Darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next