We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTarget Carrera Darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Target Carrera Darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Target Carrera Darts Empty
PostSubject: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Here they are:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I love em!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 pm

LOL is this a joke?
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Ugh very ugly darts IMO
Was so looking forward to them aswell
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 pm

I do like the C4 but this really does seem to have been a lot of hype and fuss about nothing. So what if they have invented a new type of grip!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

I think they look cool, but your a cynic Mac so you would say that any way lol!
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 pm

I can see these easliy being £40 per set minimum!!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Not talking about how they look, just so dam gimmicky. And how much are they charging for this newest gimmick?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Dunno but I will have to get some!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 pm

All that fuss for a new type of grip - not impressed to be honest. Unless someone I play with gets a set that I can have a couple of chucks with I can't honestly see me paying the £40+ that these are going to cost.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 pm

mc1958 wrote:
All that fuss for a new type of grip - not impressed to be honest. Unless someone I play with gets a set that I can have a couple of chucks with I can't honestly see me paying the £40+ that these are going to cost.

I just saved myself a decent amount of money. Knew it was overhyped
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 pm

The hype will always be over done no matter what, thats just marketing, but I do like them however I was expecting a new material/metal dont know why but thats what I thought it was leading up to a new substance for darts barrels.

I think with these darts though it could all be about how they feel when you get the chance to test them.

Think I will still be getting them anyway! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:32 pm

I will get a set eitherway Smile Even if Mac thinks that they look ugly :P
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm

once again not about the looks, just disappointed. Like Grip said was expecting a new material or metal. Not some stupid grip with pockets lol
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 pm

True, but I cant think about what new material it could have been.

I think we all should go back to wooden darts with feathers Very Happy It would have been fun Smile

And they look like the Perfect Storm darts, ( the c4) one Smile

Hmm hmm hmm.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 pm

I do think the price will be high as there is a lot of machining in those barrels, could be £55- £65 maybe?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Apparently these darts take 12 minutes to machine each separate dart - that'll kick the price up a bit!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Yeah Mike it probably will?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Price now up - £49.99 over at DC for pre=order

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Not as bad as expected then, will wait to get em a bit cheaper at Pure Darts though.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:38 pm

To repeat a post that I just made on another forum, no way on earth these darts are worth 50 notes! I understand production times, tooling etc but still! At the end of the day Target are expecting people to take a punt on what seems to be no more than a gimmick and for them to pay £50 for the privilege. Do they not realise that we are in a double dip recession?

At the end of the day nobody knows if this new grip pattern will be any good whether it is revolutionary or not, so they can't even say that it is tried and tested. If on the other hand it was player endorsed, or they could say that x number of Target professionals have been testing it over so many months and it had some exposure in televised comps then that might be different. However they have done none of the above, just hype themselves up online for a month or so then release darts with a new grip and a ridiculous price! What a joke!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:39 pm

getagrip wrote:
Not as bad as expected then, will wait to get em a bit cheaper at Pure Darts though.

Probably about a fiver cheaper. There's bound to be some discount codes available for some of the shops though that may make it even cheaper
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:40 pm

and Danny, I agree, these ain't worth £50 for the hype
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:12 am

I agree its not the revolution I was expecting, and I too thought it was going to be some new material.

I do know tungsten prices have increased, but I cant really judge on the worth of the darts as they may have spent a lot of research into the design and marketing of them. To us its just a few little holes running round the barrel, but they may have had to spend a lot on designing the tools to make them so its inevitable they are going to pass the cost onto the customer.

We as a customer dont see any of that extra expense, we only see the product as it stands in front of us, so its hard for us to justify that price. They could possibly sell them at say £30 and still re-coup the expense in it development, I don't know. I bet the US prices for them will be twice as much though.

But I agree it does not seem such a great revolution to expect a premium price.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 am

i like the look of them but i won't be picking up a set because i'm sticking with the ones i've got. i like how everybody's moaning about the price, i don't know about you but even at £50 for a set of darts, darts is by far my cheapest hobby. i can't even go out for a night on the town for a proper piss up for £50 haha. as far as durability is concerned target does have a lifetime barrel guarantee and will replace them free of charge if you're unhappy with the barrels wearing.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:23 am

getagrip wrote:
I agree its not the revolution I was expecting, and I too thought it was going to be some new material.

I do know tungsten prices have increased, but I cant really judge on the worth of the darts as they may have spent a lot of research into the design and marketing of them. To us its just a few little holes running round the barrel, but they may have had to spend a lot on designing the tools to make them so its inevitable they are going to pass the cost onto the customer.

We as a customer dont see any of that extra expense, we only see the product as it stands in front of us, so its hard for us to justify that price. They could possibly sell them at say £30 and still re-coup the expense in it development, I don't know. I bet the US prices for them will be twice as much though.

I see your point Darren, but at the moment we know very little about their performance, but we are expected to spend the £££ to find out. I just find it amazing that these are more expensive than the existing Lewis darts, and those are endorsed by the World Champion who won said Championship with the darts that we can buy.

These on the other hand are endorsed by nobody, and have just been hyped up by Target. If on the other hand we learn shortly that they are endorsed by Paul Lim (for example), and he has been using them for months and in his opinion they are the best darts ever, then we would have something to go on, and the high price could be justified of the back of a sponsorship deal!
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 am

I like the look of the grip, it is pretty innovative (i've not seen anything like it before).

Would I spend £50 on a set .......... No is the answer
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 am

dannyd180 wrote:
getagrip wrote:

I see your point Darren, but at the moment we know very little about their performance, but we are expected to spend the £££ to find out. I just find it amazing that these are more expensive than the existing Lewis darts, and those are endorsed by the World Champion who won said Championship with the darts that we can buy.

These on the other hand are endorsed by nobody, and have just been hyped up by Target. If on the other hand we learn shortly that they are endorsed by Paul Lim (for example), and he has been using them for months and in his opinion they are the best darts ever, then we would have something to go on, and the high price could be justified of the back of a sponsorship deal!

Thats true Danny we have no idea really if they are as good as they say, after thinking about it I'm sure I have seen a similar pattern on a Japanese site a while back, might be mistaken but something rings a bell now???
Back to top Go down
maverick

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 am

I wouldnt pay anyone a fiver for them , innovative , new , radical , revolutionary all code words for get ya money out suckers , Then after a couple of weeks go back to the same set you have been using for years , Give it a few months and no doubt there will be several used sets on e bay ! Save yourself a fortune lol
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 am

I'm sure I've seen that sort of pattern somewhere as well Darren - been wracking my brains but it's difficult to check here at work
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 am

mc1958 wrote:
I'm sure I've seen that sort of pattern somewhere as well Darren - been wracking my brains but it's difficult to check here at work

I know I just cant think and its bugging me, may have been a similar pattern but not the whole barrel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Target Carrera Darts   Target Carrera Darts Empty

Back to top Go down

Target Carrera Darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next