We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesBest Dart Book ever! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Best Dart Book ever!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Best Dart Book ever! Empty
PostSubject: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 am

My opinion is Darts Beginning To End By my mentor George Silverzahn. Why? Well it covers how,what, why.
Many books are just an autobiography of what the guy did and to be honestly I wanted something to show me how to play the game, discuss ya grip, your equipment, your stroke, your mental game, Dart exercise routines that aren't boring and too hard for beginners. A way to progress from Beginning to end. And you get to e-mail and talk to the author !!!!! about questions and actually get answers!! Of course ya get some of his and others experiences. What to avoid , what to do if say this is happening to you. Simply said if read and applied you will be the best you can be. George has dedicated much of his life to advancing darts and helping people. I just wish I was younger when I met George. His stuff works I'm living proof .
I was in my early sixties when I bought the book and took up Flight School.
First season placed in the top ten shooters in top league!
Next season vote MVP for team and place again in top ten shooters.
Next season Voted MVP for team , TOP shooter in league and won the championship!
Since have been in top 10 shooters. Won 11 trophies and or awards in 2 years of playing.
I play steel but was asked to play in state soft tip Tourney - Placed second in the State.
Enough already, but you get the idea ! Oh its lots of practice btw and not all wins but I just have to give credit where credit is due to my Friend and mentor George Silverzahn and the book "Darts Beginning to End" and Flight School" Below in my signature is site to join flight school and its free for God's sake!!!

Thanks George !
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 am

I'm approaching 67 and me eyes are failing now but I feel that I can still play and place in the top ten shooters for the next year or two anyway.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:49 am

Yep its a great book, very indepth too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:01 am

getagrip wrote:
Yep its a great book, very indepth too! Very Happy
I think its even helped you , and that saying something lol!
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 am

I really enjoyed the book and It's just great that you could email him if you have any questions and he will provide you with what you could do improve on that area.. I feel that I might have to read it again soon..

I bought the e-book so I could read it whereever I was on my phone..

Bought it at amazon.com.. cheap and perfect for me.. I wouldnt mind a hard copy of it but the e-book costs nothing compared to get the book to my home.. hehe..

Love you George!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:55 am

Damn there is an e-book!!!!

I have been spending weeks re-typing it in my phones doc file, my thumbs are all swollen now! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:17 am

Yes George is very passionate, sharing and available to help everyone.

I actually had the privilege of collaborating with him on a methodology using the last digits. Basically you are keeping track of the last digit of your the score between 350 and Above 170.

You wanna make sure you don't leave yourself on a final number of 159, 162,163,165,166, 168 & 169.

Rule of Thumbs:

After the first two darts: If it ends in 9 or 3 shoot the T19 and if it ends in 8 or 5 or 2 shoot the T18 ... otherwise shoot the T20 Silly.

Or my more 19 Centric version is:

If it ends in 9 or 6 or 3 shoot 57. If it ends in 8 or 5 or 2 shoot 54. All others shoot 60.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 am

Ah thats cool, I like that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:59 am

Grey Owl wrote:
Yes George is very passionate, sharing and available to help everyone.

I actually had the privilege of collaborating with him on a methodology using the last digits. Basically you are keeping track of the last digit of your the score between 350 and Above 170.

You wanna make sure you don't leave yourself on a final number of 159, 162,163,165,166, 168 & 169.

Rule of Thumbs:

After the first two darts: If it ends in 9 or 3 shoot the T19 and if it ends in 8 or 5 or 2 shoot the T18 ... otherwise shoot the T20 Silly.

Or my more 19 Centric version is:

If it ends in 9 or 6 or 3 shoot 57. If it ends in 8 or 5 or 2 shoot 54. All others shoot 60.

Great stuff
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 pm

This is just great!!! Now I have to read a book and learn math?!?!?!? If I wanted to do that I would have done it in high school. bang pc

Seriously, I just ordered the book from Amazon. pc out window
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:46 pm

The Coach wrote:
This is just great!!! Now I have to read a book and learn math?!?!?!? If I wanted to do that I would have done it in high school. bang pc

Seriously, I just ordered the book from Amazon. pc out window

Just take it slow, and do it step by step
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Mac's right, you can only digest so much at a time, which I think is the best way but the book is a good reference to use for that.
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:51 pm

I got my book today (I hate Amazon). Well written and I can see me spending some time with this book.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm

The Coach wrote:
I got my book today (I hate Amazon). Well written and I can see me spending some time with this book.

His other book is also great, but not sure if it is still available:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
How To Master The Sport Of Darts by dazdart, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Ya got the best book darts B-E
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 am

I already had his other book. It's a good one too.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 am

Made a special order for the paperback version from our local bookstore for the book. Is there any site where I can buy the e-book version? Is the e-book only available in the US? (I live outside the US.) Thanks.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:19 am

ya really have to admire someone that gives so much back to the sport.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 am

rumandcork wrote:
ya really have to admire someone that gives so much back to the sport.

I admire George for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Well Saber, you sold me on it - I bought the e-book and am almost finished it and have to say that I agree completely. The man's knowledge of the game is amazing and it is pretty refreshing to have it presented the way he has - in plain English with comparisons to illustrate his recommendations. I am going to copy out all of the drills when I'm finished and start from scratch on my game. The way I look at it, I only have one way to go Very Happy Thanks for telling us about the book Saber.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:26 pm

the_cutter wrote:
Made a special order for the paperback version from our local bookstore for the book. Is there any site where I can buy the e-book version? Is the e-book only available in the US? (I live outside the US.) Thanks.

I think it was available on Amazon as e-book too
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:14 pm

canuckdartnut wrote:
Well Saber, you sold me on it - I bought the e-book and am almost finished it and have to say that I agree completely. The man's knowledge of the game is amazing and it is pretty refreshing to have it presented the way he has - in plain English with comparisons to illustrate his recommendations. I am going to copy out all of the drills when I'm finished and start from scratch on my game. The way I look at it, I only have one way to go Very Happy Thanks for telling us about the book Saber.

Thanks for the reply mate
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:16 pm

the_cutter wrote:

I believe it can be had almost anywhere,
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
the_cutter wrote:

I believe it can be had almost anywhere,

Thanks, just got it yesterday, downloaded to Kindle. So far, I'm learning and enjoying reading at the same time!
Back to top Go down
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Wow - all these great comments about B2E, and that it is available as an e-book on Amazon anywhere in the world, has set me to thinking maybe I should read it. :study:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But -- I think I know the ending, so ---- maybe not?

Laughing Thank you all very much and here's what I wish for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Our pleasure George, and yeah maybe you should read it LOL! good job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Dart Book ever!   Best Dart Book ever! Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Dart Book ever!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1