We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhich Player - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Which Player

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tutb62

tutb62

Which Player - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:25 am

john lowe met him already but would like to meet him again he is the gentlemen of darts
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Grip and saber and I playing with George Silberzahn, Bobby George and Barneveld would be a fun time I think!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Taffy wrote:
I wouldn’t mind spending a day with any of the top professionals, past or present, however, my first choice would be Eric Bristow. I met him, and spent about an hour talking to him when he was doing an exhibition in my area just after he won the Embassy for the first time where he beat Bobby George. And as cocky as he was in those days, when he was off stage he was such a down to earth guy. He had time for everyone. Now many may disagree I know, but, to me he was the Mohammad Ali of darts. He was cocky, he had a style of his own, he predicted the outcome of his matches, and he dominated the world of darts! He said to me at the time: “Being cocky works for me. Sometimes I can see the fear in my opponents even before they get up on stage. But I always say to them, calm down and enjoy it…your going to lose anyway”.

Oh how I wish I had his confidence!!!

LOL thats so typical of Brissy Very Happy I think that a lot of darts fans just dont understand that away from the stage and cameras etc the players are often totally different, on stage there was a huge rivalry with Jocky and Bristow, but off stage they were great friends.

jake8380 wrote:
On many occasions I got to play and hang out with Paul Lim. He's really a humble and great guy. He got me into playing league and tournaments and for that I'm forever thankful.

I first went into his shop hoping he could repair my darts, but the barrel was cracked. He took a lot of time with me throwing a lot of darts to see what I played best with. Turned out to be a light soft tip dart made by Laser Darts called Black Widows. Have had the same set since that time.

He convinced me soft tip was going to be the future of darts and I could play both steel and soft with them. I was sold!

I moved around the country a lot, quit playing for about 10 years and lost contact with him. I know he still has a dart shop in Southern California and I believe his son runs it now.

I never at the time realized just how big of a name he was. I knew he had his own dart line made by Unicorn and I knew he was really good. Talking to him you would not know he was a top-rated player. Very humble.

Next time I'm out that way I'll pop by.

Thats a great story Jake, sounds like Lim is a great guy too! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 am

Dennis Priestley
Back to top Go down
Obsidian

Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 am

For me personally it would be Colin Lloyd, always liked him as a player and seems like he would be a real laugh to have a few beers and a chat with.
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:26 am

Obsidian wrote:
For me personally it would be Colin Lloyd, always liked him as a player and seems like he would be a real laugh to have a few beers and a chat with.

I played against a guy who played against Colin Lloyd, said he was a nice guy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
Obsidian

Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 am

davidsproull wrote:
I played against a guy who played against Colin Lloyd, said he was a nice guy!

Yeah, he has always come across that way to me. Seems like a genuine guy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Player   Which Player - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Player

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2