We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesLet's see your darts setup LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Let's see your darts setup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

Let's see your darts setup Empty
PostSubject: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 am

Ill add some better pics later, here's where I practice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:02 am

Nice Mac! the chart looks great too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 am

thanks grip, I have another for my pub which is on a 1/2" foam backboard so it pops out from the wall, looks awesome. If anyone in the US is interested one I can have em made for ya free and send them to you. So if you or your pub are interested just shoot me a PM.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 am

I just got a new board this weekend so I'll try to snap a shot of the setup when I get home tonight. By the way for any that didn't know (or care lol), the Bull's Advantage II comes in 2 versions for the US market.

One is marketed under the Shot! brand by Puma and is called the bandit plus. I had one small issue with this board that I hadn't ever considered before. The bullseye is red outter and black inner, as opposed to the green outer and red inner that... well... pretty much every other board on earth uses.

I hate it. So I almost went with the Blade IV instead but I also hated it's bull section. The wires stick out WAY too far for my taste which basically means a low dart that should have gone into single will be forced into double and a high dart that should have gone into double will be forced into single. For the life of me I can't understand why they do that, but it is what it is as they say.

So I found a compromise.

This guy:

http://a-zdarts.com/Products/Alien-dartboard__83355.aspx

Sure, it has an alien on it, but it's the exact same board with a red/green bull.

Just thought I'd pass that along to anybody that's been struggling with a choice of a new board because of the bulls eye coloration issue (lol).

By the way, FANTASTIC dart board. So soft and quiet. Zero bounce out off the wire in two solid days of practice. I still get the occasional kick off another dart but the board itself is fantastic.

Cheers!

Mike

Last edited by USMC80 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed link)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:05 am

Link isn't any good Chalk
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:15 am

just delete the [/url] at the end and it'll work mac.

whats the spider like on the alien board? is it more flush with the board like a blade 4 or is it raised like on the unicorns?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:18 am

Thanks bacon!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:23 am

Thats interesting to know Chalk, gets confusing when they have different names for the same board.

I have a Bulls Advantage 2 and think its great, but I fancy giving the new Harrows board a go when it comes out:
http://www.harrowsdarts.com/harrows-world/news/
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:26 am

CanadianBacon wrote:
just delete the [/url] at the end and it'll work mac.

whats the spider like on the alien board? is it more flush with the board like a blade 4 or is it raised like on the unicorns?

It's very flush (maybe a millimeter or two sticks up for the most part) and the wires are very thin. It really presents itself beautifully. Almost too much so in fact. There are literally ZERO visible cracks in the board. I hadn't realized until I mounted it how I use those cracks and joints to aim at. It will definitely take a little getting used to that, but it'll be great practice also as I won't be playing on boards anywhere near this nice out at the bars so I'll be used to shooting at imaginary targets or dart holes. Having all those big juicy cracks and holes to aim at at the bar will be... wait, that sounded aweful! Smile

I'll take some detail shots of it for you as well when I get home from work. ;)
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:28 am

getagrip wrote:
Thats interesting to know Chalk, gets confusing when they have different names for the same board.

I have a Bulls Advantage 2 and think its great, but I fancy giving the new Harrows board a go when it comes out:
http://www.harrowsdarts.com/harrows-world/news/

Ooooh. That looks promising too. Let us know how you get on with it.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 pm

I will take some pics Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Ok, so here's the setup with the new board.

First: the whole enchilada. This is my throwing area. A couple of cheap lights on whatever stands I had laying around (a lamp with a dead bulb and an old microphone stand).

Next my piece of tape on the floor for an oche (note the alien theme continues!):

Now the purity of the board. No visible cracks. Beautiful:

Now the nearly perfectly flush spider:

A perspective shot with a dart point to show how thin the wires are:

A perspective shot from the side to show how little the wires stick out from the board:

That's my setup. I really have to go throw a few now... Smile
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 pm

looks good buddy! looks like a very nice board. you'll have to keep us posted on how it wears.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:40 pm

CanadianBacon wrote:
looks good buddy! looks like a very nice board. you'll have to keep us posted on how it wears.

Will do, although I can give you the prediction. As badly as my throw sucks it will wear very evenly across the entire surface of the board! Smile

More seriously though I'm curious too. I wore out the Nodor in 8 months of hard, daily use but didn't rough my dart tips for the first four months. I scuff them now before every league match so they don't fall out since the boards are usually somewhere between crap and useless. I'll definitely let you guys know how it holds up. I love it now, but it may not survive any better with constant abuse...
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Looks like a nice board Mike!

The Alien name appeals to my Sci-Fi side lol!

The Harrows board comes out in a few months I think, so got some time to wait yet for that one.

Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 am

USMC80 wrote:
Ill add some better pics later, here's where I practice.

That's so strange. One of the places I practice looks just like that...
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:45 am

Hell of a reflection of that cabinet Larry. That distract you?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:46 am

My porch set up

Last edited by SilverSaber on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:47 am

[quote="USMC80"]Hell of a reflection of that cabinet Larry. That distract you?[/quoteIts

Its the flash from camera
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 am

Flash from camera doing the reflection.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:06 am

gotcha
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:51 am

Here is my effort........

Basically had a real nice set up at the back of the lounge but when we decorated lat year I (and my board) were evicted by the Mrs. and for weeks I struggled to find anywhere else suitable (length/height etc).
Then I saw the airing cupboard (drying room) on the landing and as the door frame is higher than normal and my bedroom is opposite I set it up in there with the oche in my bedroom - not ideal but works for me and better than nothing:

Had to saw the tops of my cabinet doors so they shut into the door frame and the pick handle was a short term fix (now fixed) to hold the doors open as wide as possible. :afro:

Just noticed, the board is straight (done it with a spirit level) although looks lob sided in the picture....
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:58 am

Way to make the best use of the space you have Rebel
Back to top Go down
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:18 am

getagrip wrote:

affraid My heavens, you're still using an outchart?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:23 am

George Silberzahn wrote:
getagrip wrote:

affraid My heavens, you're still using an outchart?????

Hahaha, once in a while. It has more to do with what's on the outchart George. Plus we have new guys on my team that use one all the time. But ya, especially when putting pints back I sometimes use it.
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:26 am

My setup went slightly wrong today..
The dart board decided to detach itself from the wall as I was retrieving my darts.
I somehow caught it before it landed on the ground, cutting myself in the process.
The cause was the 80 year old concrete wall.
Now I have two fat holes and a circular indentation where the board used to be.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 am

So it's safe to say we won't be seeing your setup any time soon? stir
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:57 am

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Unlucky there x2v, could have been dodgy if it fell on your head! Looks like ya going to have to do some repairs mate!
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:35 am

Ah, bad luck mate. You said you cut yourself. All ok there?

I like your lighting for what that's worth. I may have to replace my rig with something nicer like yours. I was looking at the pictures of the nice cabinets and such that others have, then looking at my own and thinking to myself: this looks like a college dorm room!

Best of luck with the repairs!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your darts setup   Let's see your darts setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's see your darts setup

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next