We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhat length stem do you use? - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

What length stem do you use?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What length stem do you use? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Hey short stem users, I just bought some to try out. Is it an optical illusion or what, It seems to be more open area to shoot at. Maybe its just me dunno. Any of the pros use short stems ?

I just switched from a short to a medium stem. Don't really notice much difference at all. I'm sure i could switch back to shorts and not miss a beat. I think your barrel length has a lot to do with what sized stem someone uses. My barrels are super light (13 grams) and short so i use a medium stem.

Not sure about what you're seeing Silver, as everyone's darts go in at a different angle. But if you're seeing more of the target, then go for it. Certainly can't hurt.

Pro's that use short stems? Wade, Pipe, and Kist are the only one's i can think of. Sure there's plenty more though. Lloyd as well.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 am

well using the phase 6's only 42.4 mm. short like a lot of soft tip darts. but they weigh 27gm with flight and stem. hmmm just playing with it for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:00 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
well using the phase 6's only 42.4 mm. short like a lot of soft tip darts. but they weigh 27gm with flight and stem. hmmm just playing with it for now.

27 grams?!?!?!?!?!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 pm

ya know if you hit say a fat single, you definitely see more of the wedge with shorter stems hmmm
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Winmau wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

27 grams?!?!?!?!?!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

well they feel good to me JD lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
Winmau wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

27 grams?!?!?!?!?!

well they feel good to me JD lol!

Let's say 21 grams is the normal. That's as much over the normal as i shoot under the normal. Shocked

But, if it works.....
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 pm

yep ya right but me used to something heavy in me hand affraid affraid affraid lol on floor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
yep ya right but me used to something heavy in me hand affraid affraid affraid lol on floor

I thought it got smaller as you aged? lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 pm

hahaha I give up cry laugh
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 am

Currently using intermediate/medium Laro stems on my Phase 6 and short Target nylon stems on my ICE 25g.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:06 am

the_cutter wrote:
Currently using intermediate/medium Laro stems on my Phase 6 and short Target nylon stems on my ICE 25g.
the Ice darts are really nice arrows!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What length stem do you use?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2