We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhat length stem do you use? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

What length stem do you use?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

What length stem do you use? Empty
PostSubject: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Just wonder what length stem everyone prefers.

I used medium nylon stems with standard flights mostly, simply because I thought that was a middle ground setup and a good base to start from.

Recently I have been using the Cosmo inbetween 23mm stems which I seemed to like a lot, however I am using my Target Sprint darts at present which are quite a long barrel at nearly 54mm. Yesterday I put some short 18mm stems on and I seem to throw a lot better with them.

My main reason for putting the shorter stem on was because I kept hitting myself in the face with the slightly longer stem on drawback, but I guess the balance point shifts a fair bit with a difference of 5mm stem, and as I like to hold at the front of the barrel maybe the shorter stem is better for me.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 pm

23mm cosmo spinners for me
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
23mm cosmo spinners for me

Same here, with kites
Back to top Go down
madzkymadz

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:54 pm

unicorn slikstiks for me
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:21 am

extra-short aluminum with standard kites. Unless I do my patent-pending carrot throw, the dart lands standing almost perfectly horizontal out of the board at anything above the bull and tilted upward by maybe 10 degrees at the very bottom (D3). And even with that set up I tend to brush my cheek with the dart on the draw back. I've tried everything I can think of to stop it, but it may just be part of my throw that I won't be able to correct.

When I carrot it usually juts out to the right totally blocking what I intended to shoot at next. Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 am

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:
extra-short aluminum with standard kites. Unless I do my patent-pending carrot throw, the dart lands standing almost perfectly horizontal out of the board at anything above the bull and tilted upward by maybe 10 degrees at the very bottom (D3). And even with that set up I tend to brush my cheek with the dart on the draw back. I've tried everything I can think of to stop it, but it may just be part of my throw that I won't be able to correct.

When I carrot it usually juts out to the right totally blocking what I intended to shoot at next. Smile
LOL your using the wrong carrots!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:52 am

Short Nylons with Standard flights. It does okay for me so I don't see the need to tinker. ;)
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 am

31mm cosmo spinners..... dancing carrot
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 am

Short nylons.
Back to top Go down
ollie642

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:36 am

slikstiks or 38mm nylons
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:16 am

Hmmm a few like slikstiks then, for some reason I just dont get on with them?
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:06 am

started using medium nylons, then went to the in between length when my brother gave me some tweenie laros at christmas. now i've gone down to short laro shafts. i'll probably stick around the short-tweenie lengths as i seem to have the most success with them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:37 am

Extra short ali stems . Standard flights Smile at the moment anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
x2v

x2v

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:53 am

Short nylon stems with "slim" dimplex flights.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

Draw back to ya eye slowly then explode. Like a jet on an aircraft carrier, that should solve imo
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:08 pm

x2v wrote:

I have dimplex flights but not really tried em, was looking at those dimplex stems too by Harrows, I wonder what they are like, think I have some so might give em a go.

I'm also thinking of trying some extra short stems too.
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Medium on my steel tips

I am hoping to still receive a set of short Fit Stems in the mail for my Paul Lim soft tips
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
x2v

x2v

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 am

getagrip wrote:
x2v wrote:

I have dimplex flights but not really tried em, was looking at those dimplex stems too by Harrows, I wonder what they are like, think I have some so might give em a go.

To me, they seem to fly through the air a little smoother then the standard.
Also give me a slightly better angle when sitting in the board.
The only problem I've noticed with them is that they tend to tear occasionally if hit hard enough.

Don't know anything about the dimplex stems, I should try them out sometime.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:33 am

x2v wrote:
getagrip wrote:
x2v wrote:

To me, they seem to fly through the air a little smoother then the standard.
Also give me a slightly better angle when sitting in the board.
The only problem I've noticed with them is that they tend to tear occasionally if hit hard enough.

Don't know anything about the dimplex stems, I should try them out sometime.

Might give them a try with the dimplex stems, I need all the help I can get Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:24 am

Short nylons with standard flights and slot rings.

Have tried others but always revert back to short nylons.
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Rebel wrote:
Short nylons with standard flights and slot rings.

Ditto, i also use a flight punch
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Hazza

Hazza

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 am

Depends on barrel length, with my Lowes its a medium stem, on a straight barrelled dart it's usually a short or tweenie stem
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 am

23mm spinning Cosmo's for me - or tweenies if I'm using normal flights
Back to top Go down
ger180

ger180

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:54 am

I use tweenies now used to use mediums
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
vascorocks

vascorocks

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:35 am

I see this question more as a metter of confort.
As I hold the darts in the very back (in fact my grip touches the stem) I use long stems otherwise the contact of the flights in my fingers feels a bit strange.
But I can throw normally with shorter stems.... just feel more natural with the medium nylons. Alamos are also nice because they have a grip area right next to the barrel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vascorocks
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Steve Beaton also uses the stem as his grip, he grinds out 2 rings on the base of his aluminum stems (where the hole is).
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 pm

If you check Bristows and Bobby Georges grips, they too hold the stem.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 am

am trying short stems with the phase 6's which is a short barrel. gonna see how it goes. Just got them today. Wonder if there's any pluses or minuses using short stems???
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:21 am

Hey short stem users, I just bought some to try out. Is it an optical illusion or what, It seems to be more open area to shoot at. Maybe its just me dunno. Any of the pros use short stems ?
Back to top Go down
vascorocks

vascorocks

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 am

Wade does...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vascorocks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What length stem do you use?   What length stem do you use? Empty

Back to top Go down

What length stem do you use?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next