We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesForget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbamb

Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! Empty
PostSubject: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:18 am

Well, a big night ahead for my team on a Monday this week. We're playing our 'B' team who are 2nd in the Table at the moment but on the same Points as the Leaders. We lost to the Leaders 2 weeks ago and our 'B' team have them in 2 weeks time.

It should be a nice close match between us (they beat us 6-5 last time out after a bit of controversy). We've got good players on both sides and then some average players on both sides. Last time we played they signed on a Premier League player on the night who was still actually signed on for the Premier League team he played for. Now the Ruling in this neck of the woods is that you have to give 7 days notice in writing to resign from a Premier League team, which obviously didn't happen. Also, to sign anyone on the night for our League is only possible if you are short of players and then contact the League Secretary and let them know. This is what they did, but they told her they only had 5 players when in fact they played with 7, we only need 6 players per team!!

There was a bit of a furor about it last time, but in the interests of not wanting to look like sore losers we let the matter drop, but we are on for a good bit of payback this time out. I've got 8 players for tonight (for some reason, everyone wants to play in this one! Smile ) and all I need to do now is work out my best formation. 2 of us will get 3 games with the other 6 getting 2 games a piece so everyone will play a part.

We're normally good at the team games and then lose it on the Singles, but for the last 3 to 4 weeks we've been very strong on the Singles, so I'm hoping for more of the same tonight.

I'll keep you posted. ;)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:24 am

Pretty shady move by them. I have experienced something like that once. Was Captain at the time and just let it go. We played some of our best darts that night as a team and put a hurting on them
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 am

We were a bit gutted as the Prem League player Won both his matches, so it did make a difference to the result. Thing is he's only played another 2 games since then which just happened to be against the Top teams in the League. At the moment, there's only 6 Points separating 5 teams and his Wins are making a big difference.

I expect that he'll be rolled out again tonight, hopefully I get him in the Singles, then I can teach him a lesson. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 am

Sounds interesting, good luck Chris!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 am

Good luck chris Smile
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:15 am

Good luck tonight Chris 👍

We've got a big game tonight too....... playing against the team who won the league last season! They haven't been having a very good time of it this year (sitting 4th) but i know they'll be up for it tonight against us! If we can win this week and next i'm 90% sure we'll win the league! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 am

Well, just got back, an early finish tonight. We were on fire, literally!!

A 10-1 Win and some fantastic darts to show them what we're made of as a team. Smile

What made all the more sweet was that their Captain commented on his Facebook last week about how I was the only threat in the team and how they could afford to lose the 3 Points for the games I was playing in. Of course, I let the boys see this little titbit and they rose to the occasion.

Bit gutted in my singles as I worked my way down to 456 from 1001 and then hit:- 140, 121, 100 leaving me 95 left. A S19, T20 later and I had D8 left and wired the git on the inside to leave myself D4 which I took out 3 darts later!! A 456 finish in 12 darts would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 am

Great darts Chris!!

It sounds like you all had a great night Smile

Unlucky on the checkout mate Smile

And great that you all crushed the opponents after their disrespectfull commentars Smile

Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 am

WOW! Great stuff 10 -1! well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 am

It also means that with 2 games left this Season they can't Win the League unless a minor miracle happens.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:40 am

Well done Chis. Way to open a can of whoop ass
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:40 am

But you guys have a great chance to win now right? Smile I hope you will win Smile
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 am

Unfortunately not, we're 6 Points behind with only 2 games left. We're a brand new team this Season and we started off really badly. We've now Won 6 out of 7 games though, so we're building for next Season.
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am

Oh okey. But that is a great season after all, even if you dont win. With a brand new team and a bad start. And 6 out of 7 are great Smile
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 am

We've also just walloped a team 2 Divisions above us 9-2 in the 1st Leg of the Cup, 2nd leg next week and then we're in the Quarters, which we're stoked about. Smile
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:52 am

Haha nice Smile

Keep those arrers flowing as Very Happy

Good luck in the quarters and give them annihilation SmileSmileSmile

And win the cup Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!   Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Forget the Premier League - Tonight is the Big night!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1