We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesLeaveing Darts Stuck in the Board LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mac Aindriú

Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board Empty
PostSubject: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:16 am

I have a question about leavening darts stuck in a board went you are done. I’m a newbie to English darts, I only shot a few games but I love it and I’m waiting for my board to come in so I can practice. I shot American Style Darts back in the late sixties or a wood or paper board and I always thought it was a bad thing to leave the darts stuck in the board. I think leaving them will eventually damage any board; wood, paper or bristle. Is it just my imagination or am I right?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:28 am

I personally don't - However if ya do, leave them in the non scoring area. And welcome to the forum . At last someone in my age group lol!

Last edited by Saber on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:34 am

yeah I think its better to take them out really if your finished. Could leave the holes bigger as it will have disturbed the sisal over a longer period of time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:49 am

I agree with Grip...also if the tips of your darts are smooth, they will work themselves out,fall and may hurt someone or something...IE hardwood floor!!! Then the wife will kill ya....like mine!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mac Aindriú

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:58 am

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the quick response I really appreciated; I have been on this forum only a week but I’ve learned so much. I will probably be asking more question went I set my board up and start practicing.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 am

I leave mine in after every session, doesn't seem to affect the board. Blade 4 is 1.5 years old
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:11 am

sometime i do sometimes i don't , never noticed any damage to the board . usually if i hit a good score when finished i'll leave them there cos i know it secretly impresses the missus lol
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:49 am

Never thought about it, but I leave mine in the board. I don't have a good place to put them other than in my case, and that's just a waste of several minutes a day because if I'm near the board, I'm going to have a throw occasionally.

I'd be putting them up and taking them out a dozen times a day.

Besides, as inconsistent as my throw is, they're usually not in the scoring areas anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:08 am

I've left mine in the board loads of times mainly because I forgot to take them out - they are actually still in there now from last night's practice lol - just checked and my last throw last night was a ton lol
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 am

I always leave them in the board.
I always finish what ever im doing by hitting a 100 or more and leave them in.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 pm

I always have, and I'm like Stuart, I always finish a practice session by hitting a ton plus, or scoring 75 or more on the bull, so my darts are always in the 20/T20 or in the inner/outer bull and I have never noticed any adverse effects, I use storm points too!

Last edited by dannyd180 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Stuart180 wrote:
I always leave them in the board.
I always finish what ever im doing by hitting a 100 or more and leave them in.

same here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board   Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaveing Darts Stuck in the Board

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1