We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCustom Mega Thrust Mark.2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 Empty
PostSubject: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:05 am

A few weeks ago I decided the Lewis' weren't working for me, probably more my fault than the actual darts but I decided to switch style anyway.

I had a 'to try' list made out that included:

Carrera C3
Phase 5
Target Precision
Pentathlon Royal
Bottelsen Mega Thrust

So after trying all the above (except the Pentathlon ones) I found that having tried the 26g Mega Thrusts they felt a bit bulky but did feel nice to throw.
I managed to get my hands on a set of 24g ones and the box was ticked.

I love them, sit nice in the hand and fly real well, my only issue, I was not so keen on the hammer head points.

I tried fixed points and even hard lip points but whatever I tried seemed to put the balance of the darts out and so my mind was made up - I had to either get a set of them with fixed points or I had to go the custom route - custom route it was to be.

After an email and a call to Eddie from Elven I explained that I wanted a basic Mega Thrust dart, fixed point but with extra grip on the knurled part - kind of like a cigarette lighter wheel if you will.

I sent a barrel off so that Eddie could get them just right and also a set of Storm points for him to fit when he was making them.

Well here's the result, I am over the moon with them:

Comparison with the original Mega Thrust:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The changes, fixed point and extra grip:

After having a tinker about with them I went for longer points, the 26mm ones didnt feel right and so I put some 30mm in temporary, ordered black grip storms. Also switched to kite flights (you can see they already taken some hammer Very Happy):

The barrels are 24.2g with the 30mm points and the balance point is right behind the knurled grip, perfect for me:
(Thanks to JD for the scales Very Happy )

Really loving them, the grip, balance, weight and once 30mm storm points fitted are all spot on for me.
I am not saying they will be the last set I buy, in fact I am already looking at more ways to improve them, like maybe remove the paint saucepot lol
I'm going to get back enjoying playing darts again and while doing so look for more ways I can improve these little beauty's to further suit my throw.

Thanks for reading http://i111.photobuc

Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:26 am

They are beauties Smile
Good results and elven definitely do a good job
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 am

Sweet!!!! Ok...sell me my points back....LOL!!!!!Nice looking arrows!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:36 am

Points are your if you want them Trevor, still got both sets.

Let me know. money lol Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 am

Very nice dart there!! I had them in 24 grams and the main reason I sold them to Griff was that I didn't grip them right on the spot you had altered and I found it annoying. I would have preferred if the knurl wasn't even on the dart at all and the grooves were on the whole barrel.
It looks like you have perfected these darts! Also, I really didn't find any difference with the "no bounce" mechanism. They're darts, they bounce out if you want them to or not lol on floor

Hopefully, Bottelsen pay attention to this website and they produce a similar product. Very well done indeed!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
myrddin56

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:55 am

Have to say they look a terrific set of darts. Always great to see how others set up their darts and have to say Elven do some fabulous work.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 am

Nice looking darts there Reb. And a nice review as well. +1 from me mate.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 am

They loo great, how did he make them into a fixed point though?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 am

Thanks fella's http://i111.photobuc

They brand new barrels Grip, copied from original hammer head ones, made from scratch dancing carrot
Back to top Go down
griff10

griff10

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 am

they look great!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2   Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Mega Thrust Mark.2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1