We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhat has happened to Adrian Lewis ? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? Empty
PostSubject: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 am

The young (former World Champion) is off - something is bothering this player and can't put me finger on it. Hes not himself the past few weeks months. He has gained lots of weight and maybe the pressure of being Champ has taken its toll. From this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To this :[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pressure?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:46 am

Will he pull out of this slump? I think so.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 am

Probably the pressure to live up to his 2 world cup wins???
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 am

he has been off the boil now for some time
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 am

I think he has tried to live off the back of becoming world champion and did not put enough effort in after that. He was off doing exhibitions every night for £10,000 a go and was burning the candle both ends. I feel he was just taking the money and not thinking of the future. He is a gifted player but that doesn't mean he can rest on his laurels, he still needs to put the time in on the board. His recent addition to the family has also taken his time away from darts so fingers crossed he will be back soon stronger than ever but I don't think so. I think he has missed the boat here with his arrogance and has lost favour with his fans. He gets boo'd everywhere he goes and I think his confidence has gone. He needs to spend a few months in my positive company and I know I could get him back on track but for now the flame has gone out and unless he reignites it sooner rather than later he will no longer be the force he was and everyone will just step up and beat him where as before they all feared him. Shame but a lot is his own fault. I think Taylor could see this too and that's why he dropped him. Shame cos I like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:57 am

I don't get it? I personally just witnessed him play in one of the best matches I've ever seen on television last month against MvG.

Then he went on to win the World Cup just a few weeks ago pocketing £20,000.

Plus he has a very small infant at home. You guys are extremely quick to jump on his case if he loses a 1st to 6 match.

confused

Last edited by JD on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 am

£10,000 for an exhibition, thats incredible!
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:01 am

Well JD even you have to admit that Taylor carried him in the world cup as he was averaging mid 70's. He was also extremely lucky to win his last world title and to be fair I don't know how he got away with it as again he was poor, by his previous standards I mean. He hasn't really pushed on from those big wins though just plodded through would be my phrase for him. Having studied body language he looks like he really doesn't want to be there and can't be bothered. I would drop him if I was MD at Target come the end of this year if he doesn't win a major as that would make him play better I'm sure. I believe he just wanted to be a world champion and now he has 2 title to his name he has almost given up, he is a shadow of the player that most other players feared nearly as much as Taylor and many thought would be the man to take Taylors place at the top, but not now. Even I would not worry playing him in an exhibition and would fancy my chances and you wouldn't have heard me say that about many world champions. He's a huge disappointment for me as he had it all and has settled for just taking the money, but then that's the youth of today for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:59 am

Big Gun wrote:
He was also extremely lucky to win his last world title

That can be said about just about everyone that has won a world title. Taylor was lucky to win against Gregory back in 92. Mike missed 3 clear darts at 40 to win. MvG was lucky to play against Wade as Lewis missed 2 darts at tops as well. Taylor got lucky again that MvG missed a couple darts to go 5-2 up in the finals. Along the way every world champion catches a break.

Lewis is 2 times a World Champion. Nobody can ever take that away from him. It's VERY different when Phil Taylor rips on him a little bit recently after his PL win. Phil is a 16 time world champion. I could even see Bristow, Barney, Part, Lowe, Adams or Hankey rip on him a bit. But unless someone doesn't have 2 World Championships under their belt I can't see slagging him off. None of us on Dartsnutz has come close to doing what he has done.

I think Adrian Lewis is an awesome player. To go on stage and take 3 legs from an on form Power in front of 8000 screaming fans is something I could only dream of. My hat is off to Lewis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:55 am

I have to agree with JD cant see how amateur/pub players can analyze his game and think they know where he is going wrong only himself and people close to him can do that and fellow top pros.

he is a class player 2 world championships , 2 world cups and other trophys and he will be back the only people Lewis needs to spend time with to get his game back on track are Taylor , Bristow, Deller.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:01 am

Big Gun your comment about dropping him from target if he did not win a major this year is a load of crap in my opinion!!! he makes target more money than any other on there books he will also qualify for every TV major this year and for the next few years!! plus he has already won a tv major this year Smile

cant believe Lewis is being knocked for a drop in form he has a new born in his life which is far more important than darts so him doing exhibitions and putting a bit of money away for there future is a good thing.

GO ON LEWIS SHUT ALL THESE HATTERS UP
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Holy crap...lol...you guys need to relax!!! You just can't drop someone for not bringing it every single time for stepping in front of the board......the biggest problem is that he is burning himself out.....all great players go through rough spells!!! And with that being said...his is and will always be one of the best to play the game!!!IMO! trohy
Back to top Go down
zanellan

zanellan

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Oh dear Big Gun, you are coming across as slightly deluded here. Saying a few months in your company will put him right? Hmm...ok. You would fancy your chances against him? Hmm...ok. Im sure he's thinking the same thing here, too. "My game has dropped off recently, what I need is to spend some time with someone on a darts forum, I will be back to my best in no time...thing is I'm scared of him thrashing me!"
C'mon mate, get real!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 pm

tottaly agree zanellan Lewis knows what he has got to do. there are to many people on dart forums who talk a very good game and think they have more knowledge than the long time pros out there.

lets put it this way who would you take advice of Lewis , Taylor or some bloke who won the local pub knockout for £20 and a plastic trophy.??
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Ha Ha you guys do get a bit serious sometimes let me clarify. I work with people who have lost motivation and I study body language and have a degree in psychology amongst other things so this is why I can analyse most situations, I am a professional and do it for a living. I also like to spice things up a bit on here as some of you like to go a little over the top defending certain people and are quite forceful with your opinions I just like playing devils advocate. You should all know from my posts and the company I keep that I know a little about the game. It's just a forum to express views and opinions and to have a laugh. Part of my job role is to provoke a response so sometimes that's what I do on here just to get you all to show your inner thoughts, but i suppose I will just have to shut up and agree with everything you all say then. Deluded I am certainly not but confident to make the statement and stand by it I am on the not fearing playing him. I am a confident well rounded player who can put in a decent average and go out in 14 to 18 darts on a regular basis so yeh I would have a chance. Target would not drop him of course I am just having a crack with ya. I am sensible for 90% of the time but every now and then i like to mix things up a bit. Please all accept my apologies as I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Whoa Lion now you have overstepped the mark for the 2nd time making things personal. You guys have your forum back as you obviously feel threatened by others with equal or more knowledge and those who just have a different opinion that yourselves. I am happy to quit.
Back to top Go down
zanellan

zanellan

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 pm

No one is asking you to quit Big Gun or would want you to. I just thought you came across as someone with an over inflated opinion of yourself by claiming you would put him right and be confident of beating a two time world champion who most probably has hit more 9 darters than we have hot 180's? Like you say, its a forum where you are free to express opinions, that's great and it should always be kept that way.
Back to top Go down
Sp

Sp

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Lewis has been out making as much money as he can as World champion on the exhibition circuit. The weight gain is nothing more than being in the pub more and having kebabs after. If we spent 4 nights a week drinking then eating fatty foods late at night we'd pile the weight on too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Big Gunn how have i over stepped the mark Lewis is a 2 time world champ and you are saying drop him from target and spending 2 hours with you would turn his game back i dissagree thats all as i have an opinion
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Well,well everyone has a right to their opinion on this forum guys. The point of the thread is why is Lewis off the boil! Now that being said- Hes off the boil right - and the purpose was to get comments why not to rag on another member personally . No ones denying his skill for petes sake. Its the pitfalls of being a Champion thats in question. Some go for the money in exhibitions (nothing wrong with that) but IMO he should have maybe done less exhibitions and more paying attention to sharpening his skills. Will he make 10 time World Champion? no way! In fact I don't believe 5 time champion! now thats my opinion.
SP the weight gain is a serious , serious miss step and encourages Diabetes,heart and a host of other problems, just saying its not good for his game in the long run. You can look at Barney and Taylor and say they have done alright right! but don't think it won't take its toll in the end. One more thing any player who is capable of consistently throw 14-18 legs has a chance to beat anybody- and that includes any of the Pro's. Thats my 0.02 cents. rant on
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Don't go anywhere Big Gun, I enjoy your insight on things. People just get upset when their opinion is not shared by others
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:16 am

I have to disagree with you Larry about the number of world titles you think Lewis will win.

I think that he has a natural talent that very few can rival and given his age, I reckon he will easily reach 5 world titles. The infamous saying that form is temporary but class is permanent springs to mind.

None of us are aware of why Lewis's form has been poor but we like to speculate. Is it lack of conviction, weight gain, a new baby or a combo of all them, never the less I firmly believe that he will be back as strong as ever and I very much look forward to watching him.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:30 am

Big Gun wrote:
Whoa Lion now you have overstepped the mark for the 2nd time making things personal. You guys have your forum back as you obviously feel threatened by others with equal or more knowledge and those who just have a different opinion that yourselves. I am happy to quit.

this is all the members forum Kev, there is no one sided against anyone because it is "there forum" but I have to agree with Kev to some extent, I dont think he was saying he was a better player than Lewis so using the argument that somene does not know what they are talking about because they are not a better player or never won a championship is totally rubbish.

Just because Lewis is a good player does not mean he can analyse why he has a problem and it does not mean he has an authority over everyone else because he has achieved more. Cus D'Aamto trained Tyson to be the youngest heavyweight champion ever, now if someone ignored his advice because he had never been a top boxer himself then that would be a lot of boxers over the years who would never have been the success they are. I know my example is extreme, but just trying to point out you dont have to be the best at something to be able to advise others about it.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 am

okay locking this thread because its gotten off topic and too personal for me. We can have controversy with out making it personal can't we.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?   What has happened to Adrian Lewis ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What has happened to Adrian Lewis ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1