We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesdart machine advice LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

dart machine advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vallyr

Vallyr

dart machine advice Empty
PostSubject: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 am

which of these two soft tip machines is better? Found them both for local pick up in my area same price. Advice?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:25 am

Probably the Valley board, they are easy to getparts for. That's what is in the bars around here that we play on. Not real familiar with the other ones.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am

yeah thats what i figured. Didn't really like the idea of a small tv screen either
Back to top Go down
nnj

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:54 am

the valley cougar by far...especially if it has "ernie" ;)
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:02 am

yeah called the guy he has six cougars and 2 english pubs. Going to buy one maybe two cougars. He's delivering them tomorrow.

Only catch is that they are missing the keys for the cabinet, but work great. Might drill out the lock and just put on my own
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:33 am

They are good boards, and as nnj said especially if it has Ernie. He can be a pain though! :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 am

Whoa!!! Those early Arachnids are ancient. I used to restore and rebuild them back in 2002 and the were old as dirt then. I don't even think those ones have a split bull. The bullseye is just solid red I think. That's how they came anyway. There were upgrade chips and parts you used to be able to buy for them though. I posted some pics of the upgrade parts a couple weeks ago.

In this case, like everyone else said... Valley's by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 pm

okay, so still being a noob about soft tip, what points would you guys recommend to use on these machines for playability while helping to extend the life of the machine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 pm

Lippoints have been the most durable and best i've used on Galaxy boards. They have a special coating that allows them to be pulled free a little easier.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm

do you think it would be necessary to bolt it to the floor and anchor it to the wall like some i've seen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Vallyr wrote:
do you think it would be necessary to bolt it to the floor and anchor it to the wall like some i've seen?

Some vendors do that as a safety precaution. I don't think it's necessary unless the floor is on a slant or something. I've never seen one tip over in all my life.
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm

have you checked with your local coin op association? there has to be a company that manages the pool tables, jukebox, bar top video games and darts. This is where i went and bought my machine. They do a look over and the machine was good as new (face). And the great thing is that they have the know how to repair it if something went bad. Just a thought, I would rather purchase off a reputable Co. with knowlagable staff and extra parts in stock....good luck, it is alot of fun to have your own machine in the house! happy dude [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:12 am

here is link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] these list seveal orgs...depending where you are located
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 am

Got my machine today and it does have ernie....and it is freaking AWESOME....the woman hates it though because of the noise.....well that and I started pounding the bull just for the sound fx!
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Nice! You got a good machine- enjoy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Cool!

get some pics up of it or even better a vid of it in action good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:10 am

ernie ?
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 am

ernie is the computer you play against on these machines. He's a beast!
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 am

oh makes sense now Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 pm

uploading video as we speak. Btw if any one knows what the different dip switches do let me know.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 pm

LOL honest Ernie, I dont believe it, no PC is honest, just look what happened with Skynet and the Terminators affraid
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 pm

great get! these mold machines are just sitting in storage and need to be rescued.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm

called the company that bought valley today and got the dip switch codes. Video was taking too long to upload. Either way I can upload the dipswitches and programming manual if any one needs it. Also the guy I bought mine from has five more.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:58 pm

I knew I had seen one on Ebay, they must have re-listed it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 am

^^^ That appears to be in great condition cosmetically. Sounds like an easy fix as well.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:19 am

Good buy for someone who can collect it then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dart machine advice   dart machine advice Empty

Back to top Go down

dart machine advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1