We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTime for change? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Time for change?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 am

Well after 2+ years of using 23g Lewis' darts, starting with Unicorn Maestro, onto Maestro golds, then Target Silica's, Target gold stone and back to Silica's decide it's time for change.

If I am still having bad nights after 2+ years and experimenting with different style's and different coatings of the 23g Lewis dart I have taken the plunge an opted for a change.

After having 30mins with me lad's set of 21g Klaasen's that I got from Lion a while ago I loved the fact that you never have to mess around with your grip, me fingers always sit spot on just behind the bulb and the fly very nice, but at 21g they felt a bit light, and also a bit too short.

So I had a look around, I like the length and weight of the Lewis darts but I like the bulb on the front of the Klaasen's, so I was considering a set of customs from Elven.

Then after looking around a bit I found a contender, I love Target darts too so the Precision Voyager, at 23g, near 50mm and a bulb at the front looked almost too good to be true.

Anyway, here they are:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So these will be making their debut this Wednesday in league and if all goes well I have my first singles cup match of the year the following Wednesday - drawn to play on me home board too http://i111.photobuc

Last edited by Rebel on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
THE COBBLER

THE COBBLER

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 am

very nice 20 mins is good took me 2 weeks to hit my 1st 180 with my cerreras but l hit a second the next day and ive just missed out on 2 170s but l only play 1 hr to 2hrs a couple times aweek cos ofg the cold
Back to top Go down

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 am

Rebel wrote:
So these will be making their debut this Wednesday in league and if all goes well I have my first singles cup match of the year the following Wednesday - drawn to play on me home board too http://i111.photobuc

Thursday morning....

http://www.dartsnutz.com/f45-for-sale-swap

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 am

I try and get 30mins a night in, and I am no Phil Taylor, usually manage a 180 a week on average but had 2 so far this week with these, I think they call it the honeymoon period Very Happy

Anyway, hoping it lasts trohy
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:34 am

JD wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Thursday morning....

cry laugh

Hahahaha, hopefully not but stranger things have happened lol on floor
Back to top Go down
THE COBBLER

THE COBBLER

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:35 am

im feeling for the 1st time pretty good at the minute alltho last night l was hit and miss and at 1 point terrible but l think my arm was worn out by then
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Main thing I find with these, aside from not having to root for the right grip, I hold them much lighter (less tight) than the Lewis'.

They literally just sit in me fingers rather than gripping them, getting far less pulled darts and they fly smoothly without any wobble as used to happen quite a bit with me Lewis'.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 am

Lets hope they keep working for you then, nice 180 Greg! good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am

Cheers Grip Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 am

Rebel wrote:
JD wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Thursday morning....

cry laugh

Hahahaha, hopefully not but stranger things have happened lol on floor
naw in the morning. lol on floor
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am

well they front loaded but not like those ugly whitlock things. Target top notch darts, I have a set of pumas that look like them.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:01 pm

I used to have these Voyagers and actually regret letting them go. Good call on your choice.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 am

Nice looking darts. When I read it at first I thought you were going to say that you had gone for a set of Target Keith Dellers, as I have always thought they look a lot like Klaasens.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 am

Yeah, have seen the Dellers but like the Klaasens they also look too short for my liking, that's why when I saw the voyagers they seemed to give me the best of both worlds, fatter front end plus the length, think they are 49.5mm.
Proof will be in the pudding on Wednesday night tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 am

Hahahahah you guessed it correct - these darts are now doing my head in - was definatley a honeymoon period hammer time

And so the search goes on...........

and on, and on, and on........................

I'll be putting these up for swap/sale if anyone interested in giving them a go. http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:26 am

slPPING
Back to top Go down

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 am

head slap
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 am

Hahahah, I slapped meself Grip.

Gonna go for extreme grip,level 5 as the skin on me hands is like leather these days from all the graft I do at work and I find most darts slippery.

Them panther claws from Pure could take some beating?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:01 am

they may work if your skin is that bad!
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:17 am

Yup, like leather, lost count the number of times I have put my fingers onto the rail right after its been welded, pretty hot, not had me fingers stick yet but used all the expletives in the book Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murphy180

Murphy180

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Never thought you would change from Lewis, you were using them when we used to speak on ED lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/jamesmurphy1888
eddie grant

eddie grant

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:22 pm

you have give it enough time that is for sure sometimes change is a good thing just keep one set of lewis you can allways go back.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear that the voyagers did not work for you. Have you tried scalloped darts?
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Murphy180 wrote:
Never thought you would change from Lewis, you were using them when we used to speak on ED lol Laughing

Alright Murphy, yeah, stuck with them after I changed from Barney's and just perceived with them trying to improve everything from my stance to mt arm, tried short, long stems, inbetween, flights shape, tried everything over the last few years and am getting worse.

Tried scalloped darts but felt like my fingers were stuck in a rutt on the dart and found it difficult to let them go the same everytime.

Thanks for the advice, I am at a loss as to what to do if I am honest, feel like quitting for a bit and starting again I dunno

Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Rebel have you thought about a phase 5 or 6 shape? It might be that your grip has to change to suit your lack of feeling in your fingers and instead of fighting it go with it and try a completely barrel shaped dart and change the grip completely. I have had to change mine with my back problems and it felt un-natural at first but it is working ok now. Look at where Taylor is at in terms of barrel from his 1st set of Purists.

Kev
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:51 pm

I've used light grip & heavy grip straight barrels - could only use for a period
Front loaded & rear loaded- get on with but don't feel good.

Just all trial and error. I reckon gold darryl fittons will suit you Smile hahaha
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Very good point Kev, hadnt thought of it like that Me Thinking

Think I may have a few days away from the board and have a rethink as I am convinced its me fingers (and now me head hammer time ) thats the problem rather than the actual darts.

The best thing that the Precisions gave me was a small rim to push the dart off (just behind the bulb at the front) so I wasn't using any grip, however in match conditions it became very slippery.
Its one thing practicing at home, in a central heated room but playing the match in a pub, with nerves I found the darts were slipping, tried changing how I was holding them to make use of the grip on the dart but they were flying everywhere. Embarassed

Its embarrassing as I had high hopes for these darts - I certainly wont be broadcasting the next set of darts I try on the forum until I have played a few weeks consistently with them Laughing

Thanks for the suggestion Kev, will certainly give it consideration.

Cheers,
Greg
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:00 am

Another good point Adam, not really given smooths a good try out Me Thinking

As for the Fittons, they are exactly what I am not looking for Very Happy

Cheers http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:03 am

I've never tried smooths.
Might be a good idea as I hold a dart how I hold a pen which is smooth.
I'm still not convinced by my PVD's because I have stupidly good days and the next is stupidly bad.
I'm sure you do want them inside your head Smile
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:03 am

i reckon you need a wee break from it all mate . i think you over-thinking it all and nobody can throw well when their heads not right . maybe take a couple of weeks off away from the board and go back to it relaxed . or maybe get a few different barrel shapes from pure darts for cheap. might be you need to change grip or barrel or whatever . personally i think your thinking about it too much either way i hope you get it sorted mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time for change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for change?   Time for change? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for change?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next