We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTime for a change? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Time for a change?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
x2v

x2v

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:41 am

Hi all,

I was actually thinking of changing my Klassen's after 3 years of use, since over time the grip has deteriorated.
I've noticed that occasionally the dart will slip from my hand, causing a slight decrees in consistency.

My options are:

A new set of Klaasens.
A set that is almost the same, or very similar.
An entirely differential set.
or keep the ones I've got.

And if I do decide to change, should I stick to the same weight of 23 grams?

One thing I don't want to do is get stuck in Barny's situation, thats why I'm afraid to try anything new. After all, I can still hit 180's on a regular basis.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:43 am

Hmm, I probably should have posted this in the equipment section, whoops.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:51 am

I agree this is in the wrong section lol - but have you tried grip wax or chalk on your fingers to give some added grip as opposed to changing the darts - especially if they fly well for you
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:03 am

Nah, never tried it. Would that really make the difference?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:26 am

I rarely use it but it has helped me in the past - it may be a far cheaper option to try instead of paying out for a new set of darts
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:32 am

Only option for me would be to buy a replica set (I always have a spare, identical set at the ready should anything go wrong with my match darts).

I know its expensive but if a new set lasts you another 3 years it will be money well spent! Very Happy

IMO if you change to a different set (even a similar set) then any faults or poor sessions can easily be put down to the change of darts, and so you would probably end up getting another set of Klaasens in the long run anyway.

Just my opinion,

Regards,
Greg
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:30 am

I say get the same again if thats what you have been happy with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rumandcork

rumandcork

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:40 am

keep the old ones AND get some new ones.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:51 am

mc1958 wrote:
I agree this is in the wrong section lol - but have you tried grip wax or chalk on your fingers to give some added grip as opposed to changing the darts - especially if they fly well for you

I put it in correct section.
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:55 pm

I agree with Rebel I always have 2 sets of my darts just in case.. you never know what can happen and if I'm in the middle of a match and one breaks for some reason or another I have another set of my same darts so there's never an excuse.

hatrick
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks for all the great ideas.
I think i'll try mc1958's idea about the grip stuff first, then maybe later I'll buy a new set of Klaasens.

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

x2v wrote:
I think i'll try mc1958's idea about the grip stuff first, then maybe later I'll buy a new set of Klaasens.

Whatever you do don't use this stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:00 am

ya the grip stuff is not good IMO
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:05 am

USMC80 wrote:
x2v wrote:

Whatever you do don't use this stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LOL i was just about to recommend it. Simon Whitlock uses this stuff and i find it very helpful. Put just enough powder on to cover your finger tips and rub it in gently but well with your thumb. It reacts to heat so if you press your thumb to your finger your body heat should start to get it tacky. You will see Simon using his breath to increase the tackiness during a match. Takes a bit of getting used to. Maybe USMC got a bad/old batch? I believe Simon/Winmau now has a license with the product as "The Wizard Mighty Grip"
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:09 am

I just cant get it to be tacky, i've tried everything. Ya never know could be a bad batch. Stuff I got makes the dart more slick lol
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:29 am

I would definately try the grip first, cheaper than a new set but as said above it can be good to have a spare set. I personally wouldn't change from klassens if your happy with them and have been for three years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time for a change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change?   Time for a change? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a change?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1