We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCheckout avrage LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Checkout avrage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
makkai

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:46 am

How do one calculate checkout averages?
It seems like different software calculates it differently.
Is there a "official" way?
Is it based on how many darts you use once your under 170, ore under 50 ore simply by how many darts you throw once your can ton a checkout?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:52 am

Sorry not sure im following the question
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:54 am

I would always work it out as

the number of doubles hit / the number of darts thrown at a double.
Back to top Go down
makkai

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 am

Let me clarify by giving a example.
You have 170. throw t20 t20 18
You had a chance at bull, but opted for the safer 18 to leave 32.
Yo hit d16 with one dart. What is your checkout percentage?

Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:05 am

makkai wrote:
Let me clarify by giving a example.
You have 170. throw t20 t20 18
You had a chance at bull, but opted for the safer 18 to leave 32.
Yo hit d16 with one dart. What is your checkout percentage?

From my understanding it would be 100% - you only threw one dart at a double and hit it first attempt. By turning down the bull you didn't attempt to checkout so it doesn't count
Back to top Go down
makkai

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 am

Love the simplicity of "the number of doubles hit / the number of darts thrown at a double", but it dose still not make seance for me.
Example.
I pull a Wadey, and hit a fat sector 20 then double ten. Am I 100 ore 50%
The first dart might ore might not have bin intended for d20. I mean there cant be a any "Intention" in the maths behind it. How is the checkout averages calculated at the big international events?
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:50 am

I see where your coming from now. In that case I would have you down for 50% but I know what you mean with the intent.

Another idea, you need 38 and split it by hiting single 6 then d16. I would have this as 100% because the first dart wasn't thrown at a double but you could argue that you weren't throwing at the d20 in your example confused

I suppose there is no real advantage of splitting the 40 in the way you described and that may come into it.
Back to top Go down
makkai

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 am

It seems to me that the most logical way to measure it is by counting the number of darts used once on ore below 50 period. If you cud check out but chose to switch to another safer rout, that degrades your checkout percentage.
Example
20 dBull =100%
20 18 d16. =50%
20 18 12. d8. =25%
20 18 12. 8 d4 =12.5%

This would leave Wadeys Fat 20 d10 at 50%

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 am

I hit a lot of fat 20's going for d20. Its a problem I have had for years, always throwing below my target.

I would argue that if you had 40 left and hit a s20, that you had in fact thrown at d20. It is the equivalent of splitting your double.
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Checkout avg are the darts intended to close the leg.

If you have 40, you are not crazy enough to go for the s20 to leave d10 even if you are good at it, you dont waste a dart at a double. Smile

But If you got 50, then you can change because most people have big troubles with the little red one in the middle Smile

But if you clearly dont go for the double, ie 38 left and you go for s6, then its not a checkout-dart and should not be counted as one.

Only darts intended for closing out the game are checkout-darts Smile

(This is my opinion and I'm just an amateur Smile )
Back to top Go down

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 am

Veni wrote:
Checkout avg are the darts intended to close the leg.

If you have 40, you are not crazy enough to go for the s20 to leave d10 even if you are good at it, you dont waste a dart at a double. Smile

But If you got 50, then you can change because most people have big troubles with the little red one in the middle Smile

But if you clearly dont go for the double, ie 38 left and you go for s6, then its not a checkout-dart and should not be counted as one.

Only darts intended for closing out the game are checkout-darts Smile

(That's the spoken word and I'm a professional. Smile )

Fixed the last sentence for ya ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checkout avrage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkout avrage   Checkout avrage Empty

Back to top Go down

Checkout avrage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1