We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesBest Flights - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Best Flights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Best Flights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Been looking at the clear cosmo flights. Do they make in the fit flight ? standards!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:41 pm

The clear ones only come in Air's Larry, not the normal Fit Flights. The hearest would be the natural colour, but those aren't see through even though the Cosmo site says they are transparent - here's a 180 I hit with the natural kites so you can see what I mean:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Here's a list of the colours they do:

Fit Fights:
White, Black, Pink, (Light) Blue, D Blue, Purple, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Natural (transparent)

Fit Flights Airs:
Clear, White, Black, D Black, Yellow, Green, Red, D Blue, Purple, Orange, Pink, Blue, Light green
Rocket Insides - Clear, White, Black, Metal red, Metal blue, Pink, Blue, Clear sparkles

Fit Flight Deltas:
Standard shape - White, Black, D Blue, Red, (Light)Green
Other shapes - White, Black
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:35 am

so do u recommend the fit flight airs clear ? they look awesome
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 am

Highly recommended larry!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 am

I'm using clear kites in my matches now - highly recommended by me as well.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 am

advantages ? standard or slim stems?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:20 am

Must admit I've not noticed any difference in the way the dart flys, but I prefer the standard shape stems myself.

If you were using a longer stem then I would say the slims have an advantage inasmch as they have a bit of give in them when another dart hits it, but on the shorter stems the give isn't as great.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 am

thanks Mc1958 - they look good and probably outlast the standard fit flight is my guess
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:13 am

mc1958 wrote:
Must admit I've not noticed any difference in the way the dart flys, but I prefer the standard shape stems myself.

If you were using a longer stem then I would say the slims have an advantage inasmch as they have a bit of give in them when another dart hits it, but on the shorter stems the give isn't as great.

Very true. However the standard flight shape is a bit of a problem to many a player. mainly because of the wider wing, more air is dispersed above and below the flight dependent if you are a parabolic thrower or a direct (horizontal) player this can act for the better or for the worse. Another thing to take into consideration with the standard is that, all flights of darts already in the board act as a funnel to an incoming dart the smaller the flight the less chance of the funneling effect. Less Shaft Robin hooding, less broken/bent or mangled shafts & eventually better scoring
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:20 am

Bo-Jangles wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

Very true. However the standard flight shape is a bit of a problem to many a player. mainly because of the wider wing, more air is dispersed above and below the flight dependent if you are a parabolic thrower or a direct (horizontal) player this can act for the better or for the worse. Another thing to take into consideration with the standard is that, all flights of darts already in the board act as a funnel to an incoming dart the smaller the flight the less chance of the funneling effect. Less Shaft Robin hooding, less broken/bent or mangled shafts & eventually better scoring

Well said Bo. That's why i prefer the kites or pears.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:35 am

I finally found an actual darts shop in the area. It's about a 30 minute drive from home, but well worth the trip.

I picked up a set of the cosmo standard kites (he was out of stock on the air) and extra short, slim spinners.

Also grabbed a set of the L-flights with spinners.

I've never gotten on with spinners before but both of these have promise.

I threw for a few hours with each setup and of course my darts were horrible but improved as I got used to the feeling of them.

Jury's still out. I've switched back to my standard rig so I could re-groove for league tomorrow night, but I'll pull these back out again during the week and do some actual practice with them.

One thing's for sure, they're different. The darts seem to... I don't know how to put it. Fly faster? Maybe. They just seem to stay straighter for more of the travel to the board and have virtually no "dip" at the end.

I know I'm not describing it well but the actual flight shape has changed in some way that I can't define and it throws my timing off which throws my accuracy off.

Very strange but one thing I really, really like about them. I can throw right at my last dart without worrying about a robin hood or bad deflection. If I can get used to the slight wobbliness of the dart (the spinners don't rattle but you can definitely feel the looseness of the flight as you release the dart) I could seriously enjoy being able to just throw at the same hole every time. I didn't realize until I'd tried it that I unconsciously work to AVOID hitting my other dart. Funny thing is I used to do a little practice exercise of intentionally trying to hit my last dart to overcome this and I thought I had done so.

So much still to learn about the psychology of this game. Smile
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 pm

made the switch to Target pear-shaped L flights for my apollo silicas and changed to medium laro stems. after some hours of practice, the darts seem to have a more deliberate flight as compared to my previous sigma pro flight setup. of course, the L flight is heavier and has more surface area, so these factors may have helped.

although i wish i picked a different color than black for the stems and flights. while black looks great on my silicas, with my poor eyesight, i'm having a problem seeing the darts when they land flat on black sectors! Laughing

but so far, i'm happy with the L flights, they seem to be durable enough and has improved my throwing.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 pm

the_cutter wrote:
made the switch to Target pear-shaped L flights for my apollo silicas and changed to medium laro stems. after some hours of practice, the darts seem to have a more deliberate flight as compared to my previous sigma pro flight setup. of course, the L flight is heavier and has more surface area, so these factors may have helped.

although i wish i picked a different color than black for the stems and flights. while black looks great on my silicas, with my poor eyesight, i'm having a problem seeing the darts when they land flat on black sectors! Laughing

but so far, i'm happy with the L flights, they seem to be durable enough and has improved my throwing.

Well thats good that you have found something better, I used to use the L-Flights a lot and really liked them, but then just like the Cosmos they went up in price and it put me off.

I sympathise with the eyesight issue too, mine is very poor now Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:36 am

Ordered 2 sets of Cosmo clear air fit flights and one set of stems 28.00 damn expensive . could have bought a set of Sabers for that ,they better last is all I can say.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:51 am

well considering the darts you use have an aggressive grip I cant see em lasting that long.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:26 am

USMC80 wrote:
Bo-Jangles wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

Just re-read Bo-Jangles post again - when I said I prefer the standard shape stems I was talking about stems (hence the use of that word in my post), not flights. For flights I use either kites or now the new Rocket Insides (mostly kites). I do agree with what Bo said though about standard flights even though I rarely use them (I get the John Part ones out for special occasions lol)
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 am

Ruthless standard/nylon w rings here- although i do like the harrows v wing on my 18 grammers.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 am

I have tried pretty much everything except Cosmo's (and I wont be trying those at the price they are currently charging) but I always revert back to standard flights, currently finding the Harrow's Marathon flights are great, not as thick as Rhino's etc but they are very hard wearing and a bit more forgiving for any collisions. Seem to be a tiny but smaller than Ruthless and Amazon flights too.

I tried the L flights and hated the rigidness so I am thinking I probably wont like Cosmo's anyway, each to their own i guess.

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:08 am

go air fit they lots softer , but then again the prices are crap.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 am

Sad to say the L flights on my apollos got damaged sooner than I expected, so not cost-effective. I'll be switching back to normal flights. Cheaper and easily replaceable over time.
Back to top Go down
madzkymadz

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm

I used Dimplex Kite Flights for a while. In coincidence I found a Harrows Boxer Standard Flights at a shop and bought them and tested out for a while. The dart flies as though I'm using Dimplex Kite Flights so I used them to replace my previous flights as they were worn out due to immense practice.

One question though, I'm curious about what "dip or dipping means" and any sample image of a "dipped dart" ?? Will look forward for your replies mates. Smile
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:44 pm

my guess of a dipped dart is that the flight end of the dart is lower than its point as it is on the dartboard. this is contrary to the 'normal' position of a dart when it lands with the flight higher than the point, on the board.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Like the Air Pears and Kite shape....for less deflections...not picking up the flights off the floor....look sharp....and love the fact that the spinners do not rattle! Price is high....but I have spent money on worse things....like three sets of darts from Grip!!!!!!!! canada
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

McInnis180 wrote:
Like the Air Pears and Kite shape....for less deflections...not picking up the flights off the floor....look sharp....and love the fact that the spinners do not rattle! Price is high....but I have spent money on worse things....like three sets of darts from Grip!!!!!!!! canada

I agree with the kite and pear shaped flights. I absolutely love them on my darts.

Grip is a master at turning you to the dark side. If shipping was any decent here in the Philippines, I would have succumbed as well! jedis fight
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:42 pm

McInnis180 wrote:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad money Grips smile

I am thinking of trying that shell lock punch for my flights, as much as I like the Cosmos the expense is getting very hard to justify.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 am

With regards to cosmo stems, I have tried the slim and the standards. I am currently using slim inbetween 23mm and I really like them. One thing I have noticed is that on close grouping they bend, which is not unusual. However, the other day, I retrieved them from the board, threw my next dart and it flew weird, I took it from the board and the stem had retained its bent shape. It straightened up well enough again, but could be costly in a match if you didn't check first!!
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm

rumandcork wrote:
Ruthless standard/nylon w rings here- although i do like the harrows v wing on my 18 grammers.

Just got a set of Harrows V-wing graflites to try as I noticed they had the best high surface area to low profile ratio. I've played with them a couple of days now and one league match. I like them a lot. Only caution would be that they are a bit longer than other types. If you have a tendency to graze your cheek as I do, it could interfere. I haven't felt that they have been yet.
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:19 pm

USMC80 wrote:
Bo-Jangles wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

I agree as well. When ever I throw standard flights I feel like I have to release the dart higher than normal to compensate for the greater drop i get in my dart. As I'm more of a direct thrower, this makes if hard to be consistent.
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Am I the only one who throws fantails? I've tried most every shape over the years and have found these work best for me, though kites give me about the same feeling. I throw 26g pretty directly, so a flight on the smaller side works well. Standards make my darts stick up and slims make them lie down. I'd like to think flights with smaller profiles give you more room in the trebles for your other darts, but the overwhelming use of standards by the pros seems to discount that aspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Flights   Best Flights - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Flights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next