We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesShaft/Flight combos LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Shaft/Flight combos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DerekJones

DerekJones

Shaft/Flight combos Empty
PostSubject: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 am

What length of shaft do you use, with which flight? Any combination seem to be ideal for your throw?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 am

With the Carreras I'm using tweenie stems with Target Vision or Harrows Dimplex standard shape flights (slightly smaller than normal standard flights). I won't use my Cosmo's with them again as 2 got killed within about 15 minutes lol.

With my customs it's tweenies with kite flights for normal gear or 23mm Cosmo stems with kite flights.

With the Monster Ogre's I use what is in my sig lol
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 am

I have a view that as I use Target Lewis darts, that come with Lewis' set up of short nylon stems and standard flights and have been tried and tested with that set-up that that must be the best 'technical' set up.

I don't throw anythink like Lewis style but whatever I have tried over the past 18months i always went back to short nylon and standard flights, so that what I use, although I just bought a few sets of Laro stems to try out Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:31 am

I use cosmo fit flights slim and cosmo fit shaft short 18mm white
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 am

I tend to prefer medium stem and standard flights
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 am

I have just changed to a Harrows quiver tip which are great as you can cut them down to whatever length you like and they are really flexible so less deflections and I use R4X McCoys Red and Black Union Jacks or Target Pro 100 Flames or Black & Clear Union Jacks all standard. I still keep my Trulon Rev Grips to hand in medium lenght just in case as they are an awesome stem but they are struggling to make them now as the die is do old for the machine and they wont make a new one. I would suggest trying all combos as you will soon recognise what feels right for you.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 am

Medium jocky wilson type stems, standard flights and whizlock stem caps.

Totally love this combo.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:54 am

For my Phase 5, I use the setup that go with it.

Other darts, I use Laro intermediate stems and slim flights.

Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am

first of all flights:

smaller flights will speed up your dart and work well with lighter darts. And will in most cases land in the board flatter (not all).
A larger flight will be more forgiving.

See this thread for more detail [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Big gun is totaly right those quiver stems are the ducks nutz. Unfortunatly they work best with the longer variety cuz the longer they are the more they flex but unfortunatley for me I use short stems. If only they made wiz locks for these.
Have alook at biggys dart revis and you will see the flex in the stems [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the longer the shaft the more forgiving but the more it will droop.

I try and use stems and flights that will make my dart land flatter (long barrel 26g short nylon pear)dut this wont work for everyone

Summery:
long stem large surface area flight gives you more control and pulls your dart straight but may droop.

short stem makes dart land flatter (for some) but less control

small flight speeds up dart and makes it land flatter (for some) but less control
Back to top Go down
nuts2nuts

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

For my bomber shaped barrels I use medium nylon and kite flights.
On the other hand, for pencil shaped barrels I use quivers (cut down to small) and kite flights.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaft/Flight combos   Shaft/Flight combos Empty

Back to top Go down

Shaft/Flight combos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1