We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesShaft Ring Grips LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Shaft Ring Grips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coryroth

coryroth

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:09 am

Got my first set if "big boy" nylon shafts. They come with a metal ring which I see goes directly on the shaft below the flight to hold the flights in better. How exactly do these things work? Just curious. These just showed up at work and I don't have any flights to play around with.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:12 am

need to get a flight punch, punch the flight then stick the ring in the hole. Whats the ring is in you spread the flight like normal and put on the shaft

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 am

If its just the normal spring clips that sit on a nylon shaft, they are meant to keep the tangs tighter as far as I'm aware, although I never noticed much difference with them on or off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
hamo

hamo

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 am

Yea as said above, they can be used underneath the flight or used with a punch and then inserted in the hole on the flight. I recently got a flight punch and started using them this way and I find it holds the flights in much better than just going on the stem below the flight.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:26 am

I didn't notice much difference with the springs either - I just took those off and threw them away lol.

To the OP - if it is a proper ring (sometimes called a pigeon ring) then yes get yourself a flight punch. This helps the flights stay on the shafts in the event the dart hits another while throwing - saves picking flights up off the floor, and they also help prevent the tangs from breaking if you robin hood the dart.

If it is a spring, then you put the flight on like you normally would and then move the spring up to the bottom of the flight. I think these were the precursor of the pigeon rings and they are supposed to preform a similar function - although I never saw much difference so didn't bother using them.
Back to top Go down
coryroth

coryroth

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:26 am

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:28 am

exactly as Mike said, get yourself some pigeon rings and a punch. Makes a world of difference
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shaft Ring Grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Ring Grips   Shaft Ring Grips Empty

Back to top Go down

Shaft Ring Grips

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1