We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft Tip Coming To London LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft Tip Coming To London

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Soft Tip Coming To London Empty
PostSubject: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Just heard that soft tip machines will be coming to London and surrounding areas in the next month or so.

Going to be interesting to see how they are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

great ! I've got kids in London so i'll be checking that out when I visit. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Will be interesting for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:26 pm

I have a feeling that a few will get vandalised.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
I was thinking that too, just hope it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Had to happen sooner or later.

Yeah they will need to watch out for the yobbo's No
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 am

Jimbo21 wrote:

only if don't win lol!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:17 am

Any ideas of venues or locations/boroughs that are getting these - I can try out my Rocket Ronnies on them lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 am

mc1958 wrote:
Any ideas of venues or locations/boroughs that are getting these - I can try out my Rocket Ronnies on them lol

I'll let you guys know when i find out more. This was posted on FB by a vendor in London. Just waiting on machines now.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 am

don't know what JD's source was , but i've got a hunch that the trocadero will get some ???? or perhaps reillys' ???
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:38 am

right i'm moving back Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 am

If Reilly's have an association with the PDC, then I would say that they will get them.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Not sure if they have a proper linkup, but the only Rileys I know in London are one at Victoria and another in Woolwich - I keep meaning to go and have a gander at the Victoria one, but Woolwich is too far for me.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:46 pm

yeah I keep meaning to go to the Victoria one right behind the bus station. that's where I get in/leave London when I come down . do you know if they are open 24 hours like some of the other snooker bars . I think there is one in watford too.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Haven't got a clue - but it wouldn't surprise me if they are open 24 hours to catch some of the people before getting on the buses to go home.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 am

Great to see the game expanding. I've said over and over there is a place for Soft and Steel to run side-by-side. The only hope is that it draws new players into the game.

Just hate the folks with closed minds that say they hate it without playing it. It's like the old Ford versus Chevy in the states. Chevy owner say I hate Fords. Or Ford owner saying they hate Chevys. I simply ask have you ever owned or driven the other brand? 99% of the time the answer is no. My follow up question is how can you possibly say you hate something you've never tried? No intelligent way they can make an argument from this point.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm

any news?
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Eletronic Darts will eventually overtake because steel tip is difficult to bank on by small venue owners while eletronic is pay to play. The key is getting a company to make viable electronic steel tip boards!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:29 pm

There is a steel tip machine that you have to pay to play. I think it is an American brand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Dartslive qualifier coming to France for the World Championship in the spring.

Have a go UK guys!!!

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:17 am

shame in France!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 pm

well no news yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Saber wrote:
well no news yet?

Haven't heard anything from the vendors.

Although a VERY reliable source that runs a dart shop told me that the PDC & Dartslive will be doing MAJOR things all over the UK shortly. Most likely after the Worlds is over.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 pm

The soft tip invasion is under way it sounds like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 pm

I will share a pic my friend **** sent me. This is set up at the world championships in England. So I guess I was right in my 1st post when i said about a month or so. Soft tip boards are in the UK as we speak. I'll tell you guys a little secret. I'm under a HUSH order from this friend, but let me give you guys a little hint. Dartslive and the PDC are about to unleash something MASSIVE in the UK that will blow your minds. January guys!! Be prepared.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I knew something big was going to happen as soon as I read about the PDC DartsLive union.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 pm

I have always said it would happen but I dont want it to take over steel tip, but it will eventually. I am guessing they are going to have a dartslive comp over here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 pm

This is room for both games. I think that soft tip will get its own crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 am

getagrip wrote:
I have always said it would happen but I dont want it to take over steel tip, but it will eventually. I am guessing they are going to have a dartslive comp over here?

It's not like soft tip is looking to "take over" steel tip. But it will have it's place for those that want to try it.

And yes, comps and Stages are coming to the UK for next years Worlds. happy dude
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 am

Wish they would come to NJ lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Coming To London   Soft Tip Coming To London Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Coming To London

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next