We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:37 am

getagrip wrote:
good question Jamie, I have no idea. Cant think why anyone would want to use the softips to play steeltip though.

I have used soft tips several times during an actual tournament. The biggest one was an ADO sanctioned event, the Syracuse Open. Had no issues with darts falling out. I also used soft tips back at a Maine state championship weekend back in 2000. I went the entire Friday night with no problems at the opening luck of the draw. Than Saturday, about 1/2 way through the singles the tournament director came up to me and told me I couldn't use soft tips anymore as they hurt his new boards. I argued a bit as I knew that was false. Didn't get me far. I had to change darts. The only thing i could do was to go on to win the singles and mixed trips that day and take all the tournament directors money. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:35 am

The only thing that bothers me about soft tip format is that it is SO HARD to break throw. Watch some of the matches this year of the World's. When 2 really good players are going at it, it seems to always come down to the last leg and whoever wins the bullseye gets to either pick the game or pick to go 1st. Almost always they will pick to go 1st. In soft tip when you are averaging 130-140 ppr in 701 or 6+ mpr in cricket it's nearly impossible to break throw. The winner is always the guy that starts. It's almost too predictable.
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 am

JD wrote:
The only thing that bothers me about soft tip format is that it is SO HARD to break throw. Watch some of the matches this year of the World's. When 2 really good players are going at it, it seems to always come down to the last leg and whoever wins the bullseye gets to either pick the game or pick to go 1st. Almost always they will pick to go 1st. In soft tip when you are averaging 130-140 ppr in 701 or 6+ mpr in cricket it's nearly impossible to break throw. The winner is always the guy that starts. It's almost too predictable.

Prime example is the top matches, Paul lims final also last year.. neither could break, went to players choice, Paul won the choice and the title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 am

Do they bull up for choice in that last leg, or is it a coin flip or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 am

JohnK wrote:
Do they bull up for choice in that last leg, or is it a coin flip or something?

Closest to the center hole of the dartboard. In case of a tie, darts DON'T get pulled from board. Leave them and and rotate shooters order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Here's a good one....

"watching the soft tip darts, all these sounds would do my head in!"

To that I replied...

"but you no problems with an announcer standing right next to the board shouting your scores into a microphone? Odd ain't it?"
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 pm

I rekon the sounds help in a way.. lets you know if you have hit or missed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Wazza wrote:

After awhile it's sort of like a pride thing. Just like how you want the announcer to yell out "one hundred and eightyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" you want the machines to make that noise. When I'm playing i LOVE to hear the triple noise. 3 really quick blips. Nothing sounds better after you throw a dart.
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:04 pm

JD wrote:
Wazza wrote:

After awhile it's sort of like a pride thing. Just like how you want the announcer to yell out "one hundred and eightyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" you want the machines to make that noise. When I'm playing i LOVE to hear the triple noise. 3 really quick blips. Nothing sounds better after you throw a dart.

Agreed. I am not using my DARTSLIVE 100S at the moment because my ACUTE tips are too wide for most holes..

seems to be a thing with the ACUTE tips and also the home board (acute ones are fatter at the end like a bullet)
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 pm

For me Its Steel. It is nice to be able to say looser cleans the board, or looser scores the next match. It is also nice to be close to a board as a scorer/ ref. Using the brain a little bit more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 am

Aussie Kev wrote:
For me Its Steel. It is nice to be able to say looser cleans the board, or looser scores the next match. It is also nice to be close to a board as a scorer/ ref. Using the brain a little bit more.

At this level, how do you use the brain more? Either a guy standing there subtracts your score or a machine does it. Either way you still have to know your outs. Nobody tells you that.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:32 am

JD wrote:
Aussie Kev wrote:

At this level, how do you use the brain more? Either a guy standing there subtracts your score or a machine does it. Either way you still have to know your outs. Nobody tells you that.

What is this level? Are you on the big stage! I play with a few friends and have a few beers. You carn;t have a beer with a machine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am

We were talking about the world finals that were on.

Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:49 am

JD wrote:

I was just enjoying my Sunday, enjoying the forum and joining in this page. Not more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 am

Aussie Kev wrote:
JD wrote:

I was just enjoying my Sunday, enjoying the forum and joining in this page. Not more.

Bring something to the table next time you wander in here.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:31 am

JD wrote:
Aussie Kev wrote:
JD wrote:

Bring something to the table next time you wander in here.
F Y
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 am

Have you even played soft tip ever???

That would be like me debating baseball vs cricket. Even though I understand NOTHING about cricket and have never even watched it for more then 20 seconds.

rolling eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 am

thats easy Cricket is a 1000 times better LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 am

JD wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

good job Love it JD & aptly named too
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 am

I play soft tip with a friend in my shed, we have beers and use n01 for our scoring. We still use our brains for our out shots. From 350 we are looking to set up a peg out.

But I agree with the old "losers chalks", I love that saying. My mate and I still do that even using the computer to score.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 am

Steel tip all the way Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

Skyblueadam wrote:
Steel tip all the way Smile

Have you ever played soft tip Sky?
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 am

Yes. Made too much noise. Too light darts and points keep bending. Not for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 am

Skyblueadam wrote:
Yes. Made too much noise. Too light darts and points keep bending. Not for me

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 am

Also there aren't many soft tip leagues around me :-/
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 am

I bend tips all the time, just straighten them out or put a new one in. I bought 2000 for $12 here, so I have plenty to throw around. lol

If I dont want noise, I just mute my board, but I love the trash talk it gives. Its good for a laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 am

Skyblueadam wrote:
Also there aren't many soft tip leagues around me :-/

Although, you could use a 20 gram dart, get smaller, better tips that don't bend, and learn to like the sounds. If you play in a bar I'm guessing someone might be playing some music? Noise will be all around you anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 am

I have no soft tip leagues here either mate, so I went and bought a cheapish soft tip board from Amazon and I am having hours of fun with it.

Helps to break up the boredom of just playing steel tip all the time.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:18 am

True. Just doesn't really appeal to me with the bigger trebles either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip    Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip vs. Steel Tip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next