We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCustom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts Empty
PostSubject: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Here are some photos of my custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts.
I had them made as used to play with the Winmau 14 gram Hankey steel tip darts.
But Winmau only make the soft tip Hankey's in 18 or 20 grams.
So got these made in copper tungsten, as well as some copper tungsten steel tip darts.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Awesome!! I can never get enough of looking at these darts. Just so sleek.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Are they as grippy as Hankey's?
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 pm

They are a bit more gripper than the nickel tungsten Winmau Hankey's, being copper tungsten.
Also they are a bit more evenly weighted, as the Winmau Hankey 14 gram darts are very front loaded. So the Winmau Hankey's are hollow in the middle and rear of the barrel.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Did they cost much more than Hankey's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
Did they cost much more than Hankey's?

Custom made Elven's cost £50
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:33 pm

do elven have a website? couldn't find anything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 pm

jamie373 wrote:
do elven have a website? couldn't find anything

Nope. He flies under the radar.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 pm

is he solider of fortune , escaped from a military prison . and maybe if I need him I can find him?
does look like he has the skills to perform miricles when locked up in a tool shed ! lol
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:14 am

Wow Jamie, that is a fair price for a set of customs. Its not that much more than a set of mass produced darts. Pity Im not in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am

He sends the darts all over the world.
My darts cost 50 pounds including postage to Western Australia!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Smiling Assassin wrote:
He sends the darts all over the world.
My darts cost 50 pounds including postage to Western Australia!

Doh! Silliy me, forgot you were an aussie. lol

That is not a bad bargain at all. I suppose that works out close to buying a japanese set of soft tip darts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm

The weights you listed, are they total dart weight or just the barrel??
Also, are they the same size? Not sure how you could have them be the same size if they aren't drilled out in the back like normal Hankey's.
I really want to get a set of the softtips made up.

Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 pm

I believe they are the total dart weight. But not 100% sure, would have to confirm with Eddie. But they feel good to me. Keep meaning to get some small digital scales so I can check.

They are the same size, because they are made of copper tungsten which is not as dense as 90% nickel tungsten. This is why they don't have to be drilled out as much. Example a 14gram brass dart will be thicker than a 14 gram copper tungsten dart, but a 90% nickel tungsten dart will be thinner than the copper tungsten dart.

If you are happy with your Winmau silver steel point Hankey's, just get Eddie to make some 14 gram soft tip barrels made out of 90% nickel tungsten. Then they will be as close as you can get to the soft tip version of the steel point.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks SA. I am very happy with my steel tips ever since getting Storm points. But I think my perfect dart would be something like your soft tip dart. I would use that exclusively for everything. I would just need to order some of the L-Style titanium conversion points to make them perfect.
I'm probably looking to get a set made up pretty soon but want to make sure I get it right the 1st time. Would you say the copper tungsten offers a bit more grip than the silver Hankey's? Does the barrel warm up to your hand after playing for 10 min or so like the silver ones?
How far are your soft tips drilled out in the back?
I'm fairly certain I can just tell Eddie to make me a copy of your darts and be 100% happy.
Just need to iron out a few last details and pick a weight I want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts   Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom made Elven 14 gram copper tungsten soft tip darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1