We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. Empty
PostSubject: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well done again to Trevor (McInnis180) who won last weeks Shanghai challenge. good job

Last Weeks Table:
McInnis..............6
Obsidian.............5
Hatrick...............5
DIRTY G.............4
USMC80.............3
Winmau...............3
dartsrotty...........3
Rebel...................2
venigoor..............1

As winner Trevor has chosen something a bit different for the new challenge:

Ok this is an interesting challenge should anyone care to attempt it, a leg of 501 using an old set of darts, preferably brass from the old "Hockey" distance of 9 feet!

If you don't have an old set to try this then its ok to use whatever you have but please keep the 9 feet distance, and say what darts you used and post a pic if you can if they are an old set.

So see what is the least amount of darts it takes to complete a 501 leg from 9 feet. Di Do !!!!!

This is Grips challenge from the vintage forum!!!!!

Once again the winner chooses the next challenge plus receives a nice badge for their profile:

Post your scores in the thread and a member of the Admin/Mods will update the table Good Luck

>>>>>>>>>> CLOSING: Sunday 21st October 6PM GMT <<<<<<<<<<

LEADER BOARD:

Zappaluv..............32
DirtyG.................32
Jamie373..............41

Last edited by Rebel on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:12 am

Oh this is a cruel challenge. lol
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:27 am

Well I know for a fact I will struggle with it (tried it before) but will have a go for a laugh Shocked
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 am

Have a little fun guys..imagine,this use to be the distance...lol

Not posting my score till I see some more up here. Not going to count mine this week, want to see another member get a star.
Started the game with 105 and then shot A ton....lol, cannot shot normal now....lol

Last edited by McInnis180 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 am

I tried last week throwing from around 9 feet. What a laugh it was. All my aiming marks are miles off and I didnt get any darts in the right half of the board. I aimed at 20 and was hitting a good inch or more to the left.

I think it has highlited that when I follow through, I'm not following through straight.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Just to be different, living with metric. Will 2.743mm also be ok. I gave my old tape to Noah to help with building the ark, : lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 pm

LOL metric is fine!

I was just thinking too that feather flights may be better over a longer distance as they are more floaty, but then I remembered that they would play with those little paper flights originally so that would be even harder! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Ok i don't have any old old darts so i thru with my oldest set Unicorn somethings from the late 80's early 90's (maybe grip can tell me)
Anyway the best was 32 darts. Left 40 hit 0,D1, S19. Two darts s17, d1

Picture not from 9ft just a shot of the darts i used
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 pm

good effort Zapp!

not sure from the pic they look like Maestro or striker darts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Could be a Cliff Lazaranko dart. He had 6 rings early on then went to 5 rings.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Better shot of them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 pm

That helps.

Unicorn Striker Series

80% available in 20, 22, 24, 26 grams.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Winmau wrote:
That helps.

Unicorn Striker Series

good job
You guys are amazing wow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:44 pm

zappaluv wrote:
Winmau wrote:
That helps.

Unicorn Striker Series

good job
You guys are amazing wow!

Thanks. I have a pic for you, but my cpu is tied up streaming at the moment.

Get one posted in awhile. Smile

Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Well done ZAP you are now in the lead lol!
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 pm

DIRTY G wrote:
Well done ZAP you are now in the lead lol!
Also coming second. Just shot 30 with the regular darts. Target Storm 5 with medium small Condor flights (yes grip the örange ones) lol!
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:10 pm

cant belive that I havent hit a max for weeks and I go and do this!!!!

Left myself with 35 (Just wanted to get the max) and took 12 darts to peg it lol!

DAM THIS CHALLENGE

This was the setup, I used small vortex for the speed and it worked good. Soon got use to the distance only had 2 goes will try again later in the week.

Anyone know what these darts are?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 pm

updated...nice hit dirtyg!
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:43 pm

had to post this for a laugh. just mesured the dart (with a ruler) and I reakon it is about 11mm diam
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Darts   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:13 am

DIRTY G wrote:

cant belive that I havent hit a max for weeks and I go and do this!!!!

Left myself with 35 (Just wanted to get the max) and took 12 darts to peg it lol!

DAM THIS CHALLENGE

This was the setup, I used small vortex for the speed and it worked good. Soon got use to the distance only had 2 goes will try again later in the week.

Anyone know what these darts are?

BRASS BOMBS!!!!!!!LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:49 pm

you old bomb weighted darts would be easyer over that distance then a lighter dart i got some old bristows i can dust off not real old but ill give it ago later
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 am

been doing this today ,best i got was 41 darts didn't have any old darts really just the brass set that came with my winmau board not sure of weight either i reckon around 22 23 gram
finished 15 D16
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am

Can use your reg darts guys and gals!!!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 pm

I think you can McInnes if you dont have any relics to throw.

I must admit, I'm having trouble hitting anything using my regular darts.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:06 pm

jamie373 wrote:
been doing this today ,best i got was 41 darts didn't have any old darts really just the brass set that came with my winmau board not sure of weight either i reckon around 22 23 gram
finished 15 D16

thats a strong finnish lol happy dude
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 pm

please no one else try this cuz im 2nd and happy with that lol!

best chance of geting second Iv ever had.

I think people stray away from this cuz they dont want to stuffup muscle memory, and I was afraid of the same thing. But funny thing is I was going through a slump of not hiting a max for about a month and got the above 180, went to summer darts and threw my first max in comp and followed it with another plus peg'd like a champ.

I think what happend was by throwing from 9 ft you have to concentrate on follow through.

I find it qute easy to ajust to hight so i think my darts actualy got better "?????".
blew me away!!! think ill practice this more often!!!!!

stuff it im gunna try again and go for first lol
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:31 pm

DIRTY G wrote:

I think people stray away from this cuz they dont want to stuffup muscle memory, and I was afraid of the same thing. But funny thing is I was going through a slump of not hiting a max for about a month and got the above 180, went to summer darts and threw my first max in comp and followed it with another plus peg'd like a champ.

I think what happend was by throwing from 9 ft you have to concentrate on follow through.

I find it qute easy to ajust to hight so i think my darts actualy got better "?????".

I agree please let DIRTY G come second. Don't try this challenge it will definitely stuff your game up!!

Zappaluv (Currently first) cry laugh

PS: I actually warm up from approx 9 1/2 feet (where the rubber tiles meet in the garage) just to get my arm going properly on the follow through as DIRTY said.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:00 pm

zappaluv wrote:
DIRTY G wrote:

I agree please let DIRTY G come second. Don't try this challenge it will definitely stuff your game up!!

Zappaluv (Currently first) cry laugh

PS: I actually warm up from approx 9 1/2 feet (where the rubber tiles meet in the garage) just to get my arm going properly on the follow through as DIRTY said.

had another try I think your first 1st place is safe.

Plenty of 29 beads agait arfter trying this.

Good to know about yr warmup routeen will try that more often.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm happy with 3d chalk mine up and lock the thread lol
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:26 pm

p.s i've got 100 points now . do points mean prizes? i hope it's a blade 4 . could do with one of them cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.   DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED. Empty

Back to top Go down

DARTS NUTZ WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Chosen by McInnis180: CLOSED.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next