We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review Empty
PostSubject: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:17 am

Got these from Pure Darts, they cost £49.98 check HERE

They are part of Unicorns new 2013 range.

They come in the same style box and case as the Phase 5's and other Sigma darts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also included is the guarantee and serial number for you to register the darts with Unicorn.

As you can see from the pics below the darts are very sleek and sexy looking Very Happy

They come fitted with the screw in Sigma ZeroD Carbon Nose Cones and the New Sigma Super Pro Carbon Fibre Shafts.

The Barrels are 95% tungsten and are symmetrically balanced so you could fit the nose cones either end I guess. There is one set of Sigma Flights and an extra set of Carbon Nose Cones with Finger Grip style points.

The darts were very close to the weight stated on the card which was 21.2g, the nose cones have a pre fitted rubber O ring to help keep them tight into the barrel and so do the shafts. Here is the measurements and weight:

I think because of the lightness of the Carbon Nose Cone and Shafts the balance point was a little past the centre of the barrel:

This changed a little with standard Nylon stems and standard flights, here fitted with medium, short and Extra short stems:

A comparison of a Medium stem with the Carbon stems:

There was quite a big difference in the weight between the two as can be seen in the pics below:

My grip on these darts:

When I first threw the darts as you can see in the vid, my first dart took me by surprise and hit the 12 I think. I was not prepared for how zippy they felt. Not sure if that is because of the weight or the Sigma flights as I usually prefer standards which are a little more floaty for me and suit me better.

They are a medium level grip with just a simple ring grip style pattern.

I only had a few throws at first, but the next day I was itching to give them another try to see if I could tame them Very Happy

I had a few throws and started to get the hang of them and was enjoying the feel of their speed through the air. Although they are still a bit long for me and I did hit my cheek a few times, and those Sigma flights are bloody sharp! lol!

But I was starting to really warm to them. I thought I would have a go with some short nylons and standard flights, when I did I could not throw them as good or as straight which I thought was a bit weird. So the set up as they come is perfect really but it may take a breaking in period to get familiar with them, but if you have a quick direct throw you may just love them.

They are a very nice dart overall and quite eye catching I think, a very nice quality too.

I fancy trying a set in a slightly heavier weight too. Regarding the Carbon Fibre side of the darts, I cant really say what the advantage of that is other than the lightness, the shafts are very rigid but I worry that they may crack or snap if they hit a hard surface, but as the darts are for our comp I cant play with them long enough to test their durability.

Overall though a very nice set of darts they get a big thumbs up from me.

Last edited by getagrip on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 am

Ooh another set of darts for me to win lol.

Haven't watched the video but good review and pics there Darren - have another +1
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:34 am

+1 from me, another cracking review Grip.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks guys, they will probably suit you too Mike! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 am

Grip,

Nice review +1 from me! I need to get a new scale. I purchased the ZeroD Titanium points to use as conversions. I keep them in my case in the event I have issues with my Lip-Points sticking in a board. Have not had an issue yet and I don't like how they mess with the balance of my dart. I figure in a pinch they will get me through.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 am

I think it is possible they could be a bit gimmicky but who knows maybe they have made them light to have that affect on the balance, because there was meant to be a whole lot of R&D in the development of the Sigmas originally, and it was meant as a complete system to perform at its best. Of course that could be just a marketing ploy to make sure you keep buying Sigma flights and shafts.

Personally I would prefer to have the old style of point into tungsten barrel, but I guess there is some advantages to be able to change your points quickly by just screwing them into the barrel.

The carbon parts are very light though so I'm sure some people may find the change a bit strange at first.

Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am

Yea I bought the ZeroD Titanium points as they were pretty sleek looking and figure they'd pretty strong having the titanium nose cone. Still only use them as backups if my soft tips have a problem sticking into a board.

I did really like your dart review. That is some good work.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks Jake!

Still learning the art of video reviewing though, its a pain to be honest LOL! Very Happy

I much prefer doing the text and pic based reviews.
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 am

Nice review mate, i throw the sigma 4s with slik stiks and the sigma flights and i love them.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 pm

paddydub wrote:
Nice review mate, i throw the sigma 4s with slik stiks and the sigma flights and i love them.

Thanks paddy, I am not such a fan of slik stiks to be honest, might give em a go with some Sigmas to see what they are like though. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 pm

One of the opposition players a while back was using Sigmas and I asked if I could have a throw of them. They had the proper slistik setup and everything on them - Beautiful darts, I reckon they are about the only dart I would actually use the out of the box set up with.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Nice review Darren ! would give ya another plus one but ya got too many now mate lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Well I gotta tell ya after watching the review they are not for me. Just my opinion mind you, I feel they could have done a lot better job of matching up the nose cone with the barrel IMO, the lip over lapping the barrel IMO is poor design. The nose cone thing just a turn off for me,
I do wonder if soft tips could be used ? Thanks again Darren ! ps I doubt if we will see any pros use these.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:30 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
Well I gotta tell ya after watching the review they are not for me. Just my opinion mind you, I feel they could have done a lot better job of matching up the nose cone with the barrel IMO, the lip over lapping the barrel IMO is poor design. The nose cone thing just a turn off for me,
I do wonder if soft tips could be used ? Thanks again Darren ! ps I doubt if we will see any pros use these.

I agree bout matching the nose cone
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Yep thats what I said in the video, but when you see the pics in the Unicorn book and on sites you dont notice it, unless you see it up close that is. Its not a big issue though but maybe should have been made a little neater.
Back to top Go down
tutb62

tutb62

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:08 am

nice review darren mate
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 am

Thanks Tony! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
m1ghty

m1ghty

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:17 am

SilverSaber wrote:
I actually kinda like the way the nose doesn't line up.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:16 am

These darts might be flying to me as I write this.

I like the look of them really much. And these babies will stay with me.

Thanks grip. Now I don't have to make an review on them:)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:18 am

Could also use these for soft tip Donkey. Smile
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:39 am

That's was my thoughts. I've heard tho that 18gr darts are the maximum allowed around here. Dunno if that's changed or something. hmm.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:09 am

I vote take the sharp points off them, put some LipPoints on them and force Donkey to give soft tip a go before he knocks it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:42 am

Donkey wrote:
That's was my thoughts. I've heard tho that 18gr darts are the maximum allowed around here. Dunno if that's changed or something. hmm.

Naw. Just tell everyone they're 18g's and have a go.

Who has a scale anyway? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:23 pm

head slap Great review. I guess these will have to go back on the list. head slap
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Winmau wrote:
Donkey wrote:

Naw. Just tell everyone they're 18g's and have a go.

Who has a scale anyway? Very Happy

Haha!! Good one. Lol.

I think that the weight limit will incrase sometime.
Back to top Go down
gaz 1987

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 am

i might give theese a try
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 am

I got an Email off Ed Lowy:

Hi Darren

Many thanks for this, great review.

We use Carbon at the front and back of the barrel to move the centre of gravity back along the barrel, which in turn reduces the moment of inertia of the whole dart.

Clever stuff - all powered by The UniBoffin!

Kind regards

Edward Lowy
Managing Director
Unicorn Products Ltd

UNICORN. WORLD CHAMPIONS. 26 TIMES.

Twitter : @EdwardLowy

Official web : http://www.unicorn-darts.com
Official FB : https://www.facebook.com/unicorndarts
Official Twitter : http://twitter.com/UnicornDarts

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 am

Wow, that's really cool. happy dude
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 am

Indeed it is. My darts has arrived to Stockholm now. So I will most likely get them tomorrow;)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 am

Nice one Donk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review   Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Sigma Super Pro Carbon 21g Darts Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next