We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnicorn Sigma One 950 26g LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shixon

shixon

Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g Empty
PostSubject: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:29 am

I've been looking for a new set of darts for a while now. I was throwing 22g Bob Anderson World Champs and I wanted to try something heavier (24g to 26g range), and I also wanted to try a tapered barrel dart as I have always thrown strait barreled darts. I had my eye on the 24g Target Perfect Storms from Pure Darts, but this Christmas I got a gift certificate to A-Z Darts. A-Z has the Perfect Storms, but they cost more than double what Pure Darts wanted, so I decided to give the Sigmas a try. The Sigmas were also cheaper on Pure Darts but it was only about a $15 difference, and since I had a $50 gift certificate they were only going to cost me around 20 bucks.

Here is the box they came in.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The darts come with this Unicorn leather wallet. These are nice, but I will be using the one I have that lets me keep my darts fully assembled.
Here are the assembled darts as they come.
Here are the barrels by themselves.
Here are the barrels measured. 8.23mm wide and 42.18mm long.
I don't have a scale, but the darts are engraved with the weight 26.3g. Unicorn guarantees the weight to be within 0.1 gram. They are also engraved with a serial number.
This card comes in the box with the weight and serial number of your darts.
You can use this card to register your darts on the Unicorn website. I did this, but the Unicorn website didn't really acknowledge my registration in any way when I did. I guess I was expecting an email or something. The website says they will give you the manufacture and ownership history of your darts. Maybe this will come thru snail mail, but I haven't got anything yet.
Here is the setup I will be using.
Overall these are well made darts, and I like them very much so far. I've had them about a week and have spent about 3 hours total throwing them. I like the continuous curve of the barrel and the added weight compared to what I was throwing, and I like the grip. I guess that the grip is a level 3 or 4. If you lightly grip these darts they are a little slick, but with just a small amount of pressure the grip is rock solid. This suites me fine, but if you have a very light grip these may give you problems. As I am still in the honeymoon period with these darts I would rate them 10/10. We will see how I like them a few months from now.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:52 am

Nice Review :-) If you ever want to get rid of these, PM us please :-)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 am

WOW! Great review and very nice looking darts. +1 from me and ill add the Nutz reviewer badge to your profile. Well done!
Back to top Go down
shixon

shixon

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 am

Thanks USMC80! I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for the badge!
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:46 am

I've tried Sigma's before and couldn't get over how much heavier they feel as compared to a 90% barrel. That is a big change from a 22 gram dart to a 26 gram Sigma, do you find them really heavy?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 am

+1 mate very nice! good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
shixon

shixon

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:20 am

Nucky wrote:
I've tried Sigma's before and couldn't get over how much heavier they feel as compared to a 90% barrel. That is a big change from a 22 gram dart to a 26 gram Sigma, do you find them really heavy?
They did feel heavy at first, but it did not take long for me to get used to. I used to throw 26g darts years ago but they had movable points that I didn't like, so that is not new for me.
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 am

Well good luck with them then!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
madzkymadz

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:49 am

nice review buddy ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g   Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g Empty

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Sigma One 950 26g

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1