We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft-Tips is spreading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 am

I dont know if there is any decent soft tip boards available over here, there is some boards but they dont seem as good as the ones in the U.S. plenty of Soft Tip darts on the various online shops though so someone must be buying them
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 am

No, there are not many boards for you guys to chose from. I'm sure it'll be just a matter of time though. Would be nice to see some of your pubs hosting electronic machines like DartsLive II. Good chance for people to give it a go and see what some of us are so passionate about.

Now if you want to try the Emblem Queen Wireless... I have my eye on it and a DartsLive 100.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:23 am

I bought my Halex board from Amazon and the postage was reasonable to Australia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 am

jake8380 wrote:
No, there are not many boards for you guys to chose from. I'm sure it'll be just a matter of time though. Would be nice to see some of your pubs hosting electronic machines like DartsLive II. Good chance for people to give it a go and see what some of us are so passionate about.

Now if you want to try the Emblem Queen Wireless... I have my eye on it and a DartsLive 100.

ive been told dartslive are in talks with rileys over here to get some
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 am

i had a look at the dartslive and the emblem queen sadly to much with shipping. hoping it takes off here
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 am

This is what I bought.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shipping was just under $30 AUD.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:41 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
This is what I bought.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shipping was just under $30 AUD.

Yea that is a decent board too! It is important that folks trying soft tips play on a regulation size board at 15.5" with an 8' Oche. Otherwise you are just playing soft tip's on steel tip dimensions.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:56 am

I like steel tip because it is just that. Steel. Nice and pointy:)

If bounce outs counts. Is it allowed to play with points that don't ever stick on the board? Because if you have launched 2 treble 20s its mot much room left so I wouldn't mind to have all of the red bit open for the last dart and still get the scores for it. ?
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:26 pm

When buying a soft tip board beware of the cheaper models. Most of them have a hard time getting a dart over 14 grams to stick with any consistency. I did a lot of research on all of the boards before I bought one. The best quality boards are the Arachnids and Viper boards. I went with the Viper Extreme and have been very pleased with it. The thing that sold me on it over the Arachnid 800was the colors (same as steel tip board) and the large scoring display. There was no dartslive board when I was in the market but I've heard they are top notch
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

What's the noiselike on soft tip boards are the noisey wall mounted . I would imagine them to resonate quite a bit. Also can you turn the sound effects off? My missus would smash the thing up if it keep playing little tunes lol
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Yes they are loud, the impact of the dart is noisy. I hear that the dartslive wall mount board is much quieter. You can turn the sound off or adjust the volume. At least on my Viper board you can
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:50 pm

I can adjust volume or turn of sounds on my halex as well.

A tip to keep the noise down, put a sheet of rubber behind the board. That will absorb some of the noise.

I havent gotten around to doing that on my board yet as i have my boards set up in my shed so noise isnt that big a concern for me.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 pm

I am definitely going to try one someday, I am sure there was a rumour that one of the UK companies were going to bring out a new soft tip board cant remember who is was. But the shipping is the problem when buying those boards from the U.S. and then there is the risk of Import tax so it can be very costly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:32 am

Lets just say i might be getting involved with Dartslive Europe Smile machines coming to the uk ;)

will keep you posted
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am

Grip, have a look on Amazon UK and see if they have any soft tip boards.

Lion, good luck with the dartslive stuff mate. I hope you can get it going.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Will do Jimbo, there is soft tips boards available here but I dont know if they are up to the standard as what overseas.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Soft Tips is spreading...
Don't worry i think they have a cream for that now! cry laugh
Maybe it's a pill! http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft-Tips is spreading   Soft-Tips is spreading - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft-Tips is spreading

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2