We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesVoks Movable Point Soft Tips LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Voks Movable Point Soft Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Voks Movable Point Soft Tips Empty
PostSubject: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Was out playing soft tip tonight and my Bosnian friend had a set of these Voks. I've heard of them before but had never seen a set in person. Some very high tech stuff!!! Access to the dart is done from the rear of the barrel. Inside is a long tube that holds a spring and after the spring comes the point. The long tube is either aluminum or hardened steel so you can change the weight of the dart. From what he told me the tips very rarely break. Only need to change one once a month on average. They are not your average soft tip point. These are super hard and durable. Although looking at the pics now I can tell one point is chipped at the end. I might offer him up some sort of deal because I think they are very rare. Would be a great addition to my collection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

I would of thought that would lose a lot of forward momentum and not stick in firmly. Then again, they dont need to. lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 pm

seems a bit strange to have a movable point soft tip dart, do they play any better than the normal soft tip?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:16 am

getagrip wrote:
seems a bit strange to have a movable point soft tip dart, do they play any better than the normal soft tip?

The tips last longer. That's about it though. They play the same. Very heavy though. Probably around the weight limit for Dartslive.
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:32 am

those look great, im halfway through my 1000 ct bag of tips...no hyperbole, I buy tips 1000 at a time Shocked
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:53 am

that set is called the intruder, i found them at dartshopusa for $36...pretty pricey but if they are as good as you say they are....they are up to $70 depending where you go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:41 am

Yep, found them last night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:49 am

made here in ohio, 45 min from my front door
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:57 am

A-Z Darts have Voks soft tips- they are not rare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 am

spat66 wrote:
A-Z Darts have Voks soft tips- they are not rare

1st time i've ever seen a set. That's rare to me. ;)
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:29 pm

are they like blackwidows in that you can only use plastic stems? Or can you use metal ones?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Vallyr wrote:
are they like blackwidows in that you can only use plastic stems? Or can you use metal ones?

They are adjustable weight and you can use plastic points or change them to steel points.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 pm

nah nah not points stems/shafts. On widows you have to use plastic or it will strip the threads on the stem/shaft. Is it like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Vallyr wrote:
nah nah not points stems/shafts. On widows you have to use plastic or it will strip the threads on the stem/shaft. Is it like that?

Oh. Good question. I would think nylon stems would hold up enough. Have no idea really.
Back to top Go down
crash336

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 am

I have a pair of Volks - Blackhawks (will share picture when I get my camera charged and I'm not working). They were my wife's 1st set, I traded her my Hamerhead convertables once I saw them years ago. My brother-in-law still throw these when he comes over. He won a local LOD with them one night.

The moveable soft tip is unique in soft tips, back in the day soft tips were (crap) compared to the Lippoints we all play now. My thought was since the soft-tip (wire) was so large a movable point would be the answer. Bottom line it made no difference, since most tips deflect and score even if they wire and bounce out.

The Pro:
The longest lasting tip you will find, mine came with steel tips too, you can cconvert to them.
The barrels are 80% tungsten and last forever, the owner of Voks is a great guy (when I talked to him on the phone)
They make weight inserts , Alumium, brass, and tung so you can change weight (18 grams, 20 grams , 22 grams, 24 grams) it easy adjust weight -

Cons:
The soft tips are long and bend easy, you will change them because of this well before you break them. Changing these tips can be a pain, you have to unscrew and pull out the weight plug and the spring to pull out the soft tip. The tips are long but don't stick well (they do score) in some worn Arachnid boards - they work awesome in other board (Shelti)
The extra weights inserts don't come with the darts so you have to purchase each weight set.
You have to buy extra springs, cause there easy to lose if you have to change tips at a bar.

* You can use any shaft/stem on these darts
I know that Voks used to turn some barrels for Lazerdarts (if memory recalls the KC was one). Voks makes a lot of differnt styles of this dart - so finding a grip pattern you like is not hard to do.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:10 am

There is a lot of the Voks darts I like, they should sell them in the UK really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voks Movable Point Soft Tips   Voks Movable Point Soft Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Voks Movable Point Soft Tips

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1