We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageswhat are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? Empty
PostSubject: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

apart from conversion points. the hard lip points seem really expensive compared to the tufflex and normal lip points. are they worth the extra ? what about different brands like the harrows ones ?
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:23 am

I have used a lip point soft tip to throw on bristle board and have had no problems.

JD used to use a normal soft tip point as well.

Helps save your board a bit.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 pm

cheers jimbo .i have already ordered tufflex and lip points anyway . i should of asked first. i just started think oops what if they don't work ! the hard lips are like 6 quid for 6 where as you can get 50 or 100 of the other ones for a few quid thats what started putting doubts in my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Whatever you do... don't get the Hardlip points. I did a several week review with them. Great product at 1st, but don't be fooled. They get 2 giant thumbs down after 2 weeks. Here's the review...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Someone on here said the Target points were really good. I've had luck with just about any kind of soft tip on a bristle board. My only issues are the bullseye. I always lose a few to cheap bounceouts.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 pm

thanks jd , you've saved me a lot of money Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 pm

no worries with either target lip points or target tufflex points. had 3 bounce outs in 30 mins of play and that is about the shame as my steel tips on same board .
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 am

the only problem I found with soft tips is they left bigger holes in the board and the points broke sometimes when dropping and hitting the hard floor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:46 am

getagrip wrote:
the only problem I found with soft tips is they left bigger holes in the board and the points broke sometimes when dropping and hitting the hard floor.

You shouldn't use them on paper boards.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:59 am

I got these to try and was surprised how well they work on a bristle board, bit springy but no more bounce outs than I get with steel tips:

And cheap as chips, just over a penny each!
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 am

Everyone knows I'm a fan of using LipPoints on my darts. I find I actually get less bounce outs versus using regular conversion points. You can pick them up for $5 for 50 and they last a long time and are cheap to replace if chipped etc.. I get better life out of them on bristle than I do on a soft tip board.

The bonus is using the same exact dart set up for both games. No changes needed.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:37 am

Winmau wrote:
getagrip wrote:

You shouldn't use them on paper boards.

I used an Eclipse HD they just bounce off a Bulls 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 am

I got the white version of these:

I haven't thoroughly tested them but so far, few normal bounceouts and they look durable. I chose white in case the black version's color come off the board.

For conversion points, I got these:

Thrown a few darts using them, but since I had to be very careful to pull them out of the board, I should have gotten the non-diamond ones.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm

i hate those target points . i had some fitted to my harrows set . had to twist the darts to get them out .
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:55 pm

jamie373 wrote:
i hate those target points . i had some fitted to my harrows set . had to twist the darts to get them out .

If I was playing with a old board, should be alright. But since I just got a new board, the missus would kill me if I wreck it and ask for a new one! No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?   what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ? Empty

Back to top Go down

what are the best soft tips for a bristle board ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1