We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAnyone bent a dart barrel? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Anyone bent a dart barrel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

Anyone bent a dart barrel? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:49 pm

[img:36aa]http://www.dartsnutz.com/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img:36aa]http://www.dartsnutz.com/[/img]

Just under a month ago I was due to play in the local town darts open.

We were playing the event at the soft ball club, which has some average old formula boards.

When I first played at the club with my then brand new 14 gram Hankey darts, I found that my darts were falling out of the board. For example I was lossing at least 1 dart, when I was about to throw or had just thrown my 3rd dart.

After that I sanded my points before playing at this venue. Or even brought or used some heavier darts.

So I decided to change my points on my darts to some knurled points, as they gave me some finger grip + also helped my darts grip in the board. I did this just a few hours before the open was due to start.

During the open I noticed one of my barrels looked different. But carried on playing and managed to make it to the final, which I just lost. I must admit I didnt noticed any difference between the darts when I was throwing them.

The next day I took a closer inspection of my barrells, and found one of them to be bent. I then contacted Elven darts to see if he could repair or make another 4 darts for me. He said he would straighten the barrel or make 4 darts for for 50 pounds (which he charges for a set of 3 copper tungstens). I then sent the bent barrel to Eddie. 2 weeks later I got 4 new barrels with knurled points. So I now have a spare set which I was thinking about getting anyway.

I am not sure if I bent the dart changing the points before the open, or at the open as I did have a couple of bounce outs. The bounce outs were not too bad as didnt snap my stems. So I am leaning more to when I changed the points. As I use the A180 repointer, which tends to flex when I am putting in tight points.

Now a days I add a touch of oil to any tight points, which seems to do the trick. I would like to know if anyone else has bent any dart barrels?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:06 pm

I've not bent any darts before but I reckon you may be right about it being done when you repointed them.

I've had plenty of darts bounce out and fall out of boards onto all different sort of flooring and the worse that has happened to me is a shaft snapping off. I have seen someone's point snap off on a concrete floor before though which is why I carry a spare set of darts with me on match nights.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Never seen that before, Certainly a rare case mate! Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Not seen that before either, but I guess it was done when re-pointing them, unlucky though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Never seen it before, very odd.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

First time Ive ever seen a bent barrel. Thats what makes this forum the best.

All the firsts you get. lol
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Please do not be homophobic each to their own lol on floor
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

rabsmith2 wrote:
Please do not be homophobic each to their own lol on floor

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 pm

yeah bent some using a defective pointer, its possible for sure
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 pm

wow that is crazy
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Thats good to know, I probably won't change the points on my hankeys now! Those 14g Hankeys feel like a rolled up piece of tin foil to me!
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Definitely sounds like it was done when changing the points. I can safely say in all my years it's the first time I've saw a bent barrel.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Ive bent points when repointing but never a barrel. Nice post btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bent a dart barrel?   Anyone bent a dart barrel? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone bent a dart barrel?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1