We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHeaviest Soft Tip Barrel LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darwin1200

Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Just wondering if there are any soft tips that are over 18g.
I'm currently using the Prisma - Storm (Barrel Only 18g) and I love it.
Anything else out there that is heavier than 18g? Barrel only...
Back to top Go down
Franz

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:18 pm

For what I know, the maximum weight for soft tip darts is 18g, also because with heavier darts you can damage the machines.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:24 pm

I think it was JD who mentioned that they are making machines that can handle up to 24g softip darts or maybe even more. Just have to wait till he wakes up.
If that is the case though I asume there are heavier Stips on the market already and I think it would be good for Stip in general because you would get all those heavier darters having a go at the game without screwing up there muscle memory.

I think its the darts live league that allows +18g Stips

I may be wrong though cuz I generaly am Laughing
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Just found this older post on rules of soft tip
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JD's post (8 down) says this
"The weights vary in different organizations. For Bullshooter you can have an 18 gram dart (total weight)

and surprisingly you can have a 25 gram dart for Dartslive events. Just found this out today while reading their rules."

So there you go 25g softip's, might be hope for that floppy, noisy, big target to hit game yet.
Dont know about JD though lol on floor

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Darts Warehouse sell 20g barrels.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:22 pm

This page here.

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:48 pm

they getting machines I hear that can handle 25gm darts~ JD knows more so expect a reply from Mr Light dart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:41 am

Not sure where you're from, but on Ebay in the USA you can find 100's of old movable point darts that are pretty heavy. Most all these darts work great for soft tip because the barrel takes a 2ba thread. Also, look at the barrel from both directions because it doesn't matter what end you put the point or stem on.

Seems like a few companies will try and copy the Dartslive full sized pub dartboard. It has a soft nylon face and allows up to a 25g dart. All the other soft tip dartboards have a hard plastic face and once you go over 20 grams or so, the segments might break after awhile.

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 am

No
Back to top Go down
darkos

darkos

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 am

If we play it 18g it is to avoid too much breakdown on dartsboards and what the operators have to repair machines daily
dartslive, scorpion, spectrum or arachnid etc... can like until 24g but it is mechanical order that we play in 18/19 even 20g...
Back to top Go down
nnj

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:06 am

20g's are very readily available. can always use add a gram to add more weight or have a set of steel's re-tipped
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:49 am

Arachnid boards have nylon segments not plastic. My Viper extreme board I have at home has nylon segments also
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:57 am

I will start using the 20g barrels on my halex board as it looks like a plastic face and I will see if I can break it with normal use.
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm currently working with Monster Barrel Design on a new version of my Hades barrel. This new version will come in both 18gms and 22gms.

I'll be getting the first prototypes in time for THE WORLD Stage 1 in late April this year.

This new Hades design will also come in 22gm and 24gm steel tip.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 pm

I really like the Hades darts Donnie- just may have to try some
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:57 pm

sounds exciting, 22g would be nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:11 am

This would be a 20+ gram soft tip dart...

Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:39 am

just picked up a 20g set from Red Dragon in January...love them
Back to top Go down
makkai

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 am

I use a 20g barrel with a brass "Add a gram". But one way around the wait limit it is to get a Unicorn Sigma XL Pro. They have detachable carbon base steel tip, not unlike a soft to steel tip converter, but bloody expensive. So the barrel is really all set up for soft tip. Unscrew the steel tip and screw in a soft one. You have a 21, 23 ore 25g soft tip dart. But it cheating so don't do it. Smile
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:56 am

It's only cheating if you exceed the weight limit. Different organizations have different weight limits. THE WORLD events have a 25 gm weight limit. Most of the other organizations have an 18 gm or 20 gm weight limit.

Virtually all of the moveable point steel tip darts have 2BA threads in the nose....Harrow's PowerPoint darts, Bottleson Hammerhead darts, Voks darts. A 2BA soft tip point will fit these barrels. Those barrels come in weights that are heavier than most traditional soft to darts.
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:06 am

Also, in Japan, they sell small tungsten balls that are dropped into the barrel to add weight. This is an alternative to the screw on 'add a gram' option. The screw on add a gram option not only adds weight, but it increases the length of the barrel ~8 - 10 mm. The tungsten balls add weight without increasing the length. Obviously, there are space constraints on how many will fit inside the barrel.
Back to top Go down
darwin1200

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 pm

I picked up a set of Dynasty's A-Flow Jujak barrel (21g). Will update with photos as soon as I can. Also picke up a set of 2BA -> 4BA converters so I'll need to give those a try as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:23 am

do the best players play with a lighter or heavier soft tip ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel   Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel Empty

Back to top Go down

Heaviest Soft Tip Barrel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1