We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHas Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_cutter

the_cutter

Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? Empty
PostSubject: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Just talked to someone who owned Targets and broke one of the barrels after three months. Anybody had a similar experience? I never broke a barrel myself.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Never broke a barrel, snapped points right down at the barrel before though. Target offer a lifetime guarentee though so he should be able to get it replaced. Also has he got pics? Im interested to see whats happened.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Never broke a barrel before, never even heard of anyone breaking a barrel before. Seems strange, must have been a dodgy dart.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 pm

I have seen a broken barrel but never broke on myself, cant think how it would get broke really?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Nope,
and Target will replace am sure.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Have seen broken points but not had one myself yet and never even seen a broken barrel. Would love to see the pictures - and as said, if it's a Target dart then they are lifetime guarantee on the barrels (although I don't think this applies to the Colin Lloyd 1 piece barrel/point combo)
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks, I'll let him know about the lifetime guarantee. I can't imagine Target barrels getting broken, they're too well-made.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 am

I've never heard of none the less seen or broken one on my own.

Target is a quality dart but I'm sure that they do not have a 100% manufacturing process. So, there is bound to be some small percentage of flawed dart products out there.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 am

never seen it happen either...i could understand if the alloy was cast but i dont think thats how the blanks are made- i despise cast metals except for use in cooking ware.
Back to top Go down
TrollTheLocalPatriot

TrollTheLocalPatriot

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:25 am

Maybe he has Pure they have 3 month warranty.
But it reminded me story about Russians how bought Japanese watch with warranty to all damage . And after boiling watch for 3 hours it broke . And it all only because they didn't believe seller .
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 am

Actually, this came from a guy (that I have not personally met) who was trying to buy my Target Extremes at a lower price than what I posted. I asked him what model of dart that was broken but he didn't say it. I even suggested other brands to use instead, since he apparently had a 'bad experience' with Target, but still wanted to get the Extremes. So, I was skeptical and raised this situation in this forum. I already mentioned the lifetime guarantee on the Targets. No reply from him.

Thanks guys. Until I break one of my own barrels or hear a similar experience from you, I'll always be skeptical. Unless a persons explains that the reason why the barrel got broken was because it got smashed by the Hulk. That, I'll probably believe. lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 pm

I have only seen a broken barrel that was cracked from the top along where the thread runs, when a friend got his stem snapped inside and ruined it trying to get it out, never seen one get broke from normal use though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?   Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Broken a Dart Barrel?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1