We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTalk about bad luck LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Talk about bad luck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dannyd180

dannyd180

Talk about bad luck Empty
PostSubject: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:09 am

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about snapping a storm point in my purists. Anyway, today I had a set of Barneveld hero darts delivered. Started practicing with them and loved them straight away and was literally hitting everything I went for. Anyway, as with all barney darts they have rings in the points which are of no use to me as I don't rest any fingers on the point.

I was on for my first max with them and was just thinking about how I was definitely going to use them for my game this week. Anyway I wired the last dart and the point snapped at the highest ring on the point. I couldnt believe it.

There wasn't enough point protruding from the barrel to put it in my rivet gun to pull the point so I was gutted. Luckily after a lot of trying I managed to use brute force and remove the point with some pliers.

Needless to say they now have plain steel points in. Hopefully this sort of thing doesn't come in threes!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am

Sounds like you should give up on the weightlifting!! lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:16 am

Thats unlucky Danny, your new nickname is "The Point Snapper" Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am

Cheers Darren. I would have liked a better nickname than that but hey, what can you do?!? Lol

Good job I'll never be good enough to gt on TV and have that announced:

And now from Essex, the two time dart wrecker........it's Danny the point snapperrrrrrrrr Davis! Lol
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:41 pm

dannyd180 wrote:
Cheers Darren. I would have liked a better nickname than that but hey, what can you do?!? Lol

Good job I'll never be good enough to gt on TV and have that announced:

And now from Essex, the two time dart wrecker........it's Danny the point snapperrrrrrrrr Davis! Lol

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 pm

LOL! how about "The Point Repairer"

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:56 pm

getagrip wrote:
LOL! how about "The Point Repairer"

Problem is that that would imply that I had repaired more than one, whereas I have not been able to do anything with the purists as the break is flush with the end of the barrel.

I will however be seeing to that one though, but will take skills beyond those which I possess!! I think we are safe with the point snapper for now!
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Hmm I saw someone on twitter did something similar with a set of hankeys, think he drilled the point out.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk about bad luck   Talk about bad luck Empty

Back to top Go down

Talk about bad luck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1