We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTalk/Help with Eslotes? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Talk/Help with Eslotes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eslotes

Eslotes

Talk/Help with Eslotes? Empty
PostSubject: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 am

Thanks for the Presentation.

Soon im going to throw in a Dart League here in Spain and i need some better equipment.
Im throwing current with Harrows Club Brass darts(dont know grams) but i want to take a step foward to better darts (Tungsten),I'm loving the Target Carrera C4 22G and the Target Gameplay Silver 21G there is some diferrence in money but i think i will take both when i going to buy them, or what do you think?
My Dartboard is a Harrows Official Competition "lot" of use (30M/1H Daily) with a Cabinet,I want to get off the Cabinet and put a surround on it,and a new dartboard but dont know which one to choose.

My Darts; Barrel:Harrows Club Brass darts 22-23 Gram
Stems:Designa Aluminium34,5mm
Flight's:McKicks Tri-athlon Lightning Orange

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PD: Suggestion for the Title of the topic thanks ;)

Last edited by Eslotes on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 am

I would highly recommend the blade 4 for your board. Have a look around the forum as there is a in depth carerra review up. Also check our our shops section for an idea on shipping and pricing for a lot of different shops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:47 am

Maybe take a look at this thread.... http://www.dartsnutz.com/f6-show-us-your-darts

Shows the different darts we use.

Definitely time to upgrade to to some 90% tungsten. You'll be super happy with how well you'd be able to group them.

The darts you have look really big. Must be hard to fit them into the trip 20 area.

I agree with Mac about the Blade 4 board. I'm using this board and it's the best board I've ever owned or played on.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 am

Blade 4 for sure and like they said look around.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:13 am

Not sure what the Target Gameplay are but they aren't tungsten darts - I'm guessing the whole range are made of brass.

Not too sure what weight your current darts are, but I would not suggest going straight in for a set of Carreras just in case you don't like them - they are a lot thinner than you currently use.

I would suggest having a look on Pure Darts at the Tommy's Darts ranges - they are nice looking darts and they are a lot cheaper than the Carreras. You could get 3 or 4 sets in different styles to see which suits you best for less than the price of a set of Carreras.

http://www.puredarts.co.uk/tommys-darts-tungsten-darts-supplied-by-tdi-the-world-no-1-trade-dart-and-accessorie-supplies-company/

As far as a board is concerned, I would agree on the Blade 4
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 am

Welcome to Darts Nutz Eslotes. You've opened a can of worms for sure. One thing everyone will agree on is the Blade IV. With darts good luck! Opinions are going to vary widely, and passionately.

I think you are on a good track. Looking at your brass bombers, I'd suggest getting something of a similar shape in 90% + Tungsten, so they will be a lot thinner. I'm not a fan of bull nose darts like that.

I'd stay away from the Target Game Play (they are brass) and Pure range. The Pure's are one piece including the point. Though the points are robust you bend one or wear it down and the set is trash. Look at the Target Precision lines as well. Very good darts there.

If you really like the Carerras then just pull the trigger on them. I would suggest the "A" type barrel as the nose is thinner and you'll get less deflection off of your flights. I think 20g-24g is a good starting point for weight. I myself throw 18g Softtip darts and use for both steel and soft.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:35 am

Just be aware that the Carrera darts are quite grippy so if your new to darts it could be that they may take some getting used to.

It is really hard to recommend darts to people over the net as we dont know how you grip or throw the dart, how tight you grip it etc, its really best to try some out if you can but if you cant them I would go for a few cheaper tungsten sets in differing lengths and shapes, that way you wont be spending a lot on one set where your taking a risk if they suit you or not. Of course you can always sell them on if they dont though. Very Happy

The problem is when you see a dart you like the look of then you tend to want it no matter what, so your craving probably wont be satisfied until you try them, I guess it depends on how much your willing or able to spend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:38 am

getagrip wrote:

The problem is when you see a dart you like the look of then you tend to want it no matter what, so your craving probably wont be satisfied until you try them, I guess it depends on how much your willing or able to spend.

Totally agree! If ya like em, can afford em, gotta get em!
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 am

Getagrip,I really enjoy the Harrows brass,i play already some matches and tournaments not bad results,but when i play more than usual in a tournament or in a match, I sweat a little bit in my hand and I want to choose the Target Carrera because they are mostly the same and with better grip,that's what i need for matches ;)
what do you think
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 am

If you have sweaty hands you'll appreciate more grip. The last thing you want to think about while standing on the oche is your dart slipping.

The Carrera is nothing like the brass dart you are throwing now. It is going to be a much smaller diamater, different balance and offer a whole lot more grip. It is a dart you are going to love or hate. If you like the way it looks that is probably what you should go with.

Looks play a huge part in equipment. If you get it and don't like it you can always put it up for sale or swap here. Seems like a lot of people enjoy doing that. I tend to stick with something for a lot of years.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:31 am

Eslotes, I would suggest that if you can go into a dart shop, then go in and have a throw with some sets. That way you can feel the grip on them and also feel what they are like to throw with.
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 am

Jimbo need to travel to UK or Holland,in Spain where i live no shops :S

Tomorrow i will purchase the darts and lets see how they fly and feel ;)
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 am

Let us know how you get on with them.

http://www.perfectdarts.com/darts/target-darts is a new member here offering a discount as well. Perhaps you can try them and write up a review of the site?

http://www.a180.co.uk/product.php?xProd=3824 has some specials when you order Target darts FWIW

clink glasses
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Can't go wrong with the Blade IV. If you want a variety take a look at my site
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Yes you have a dilemma in that your not able to try them so its a case of taking the plunge and hoping they suit, but if not they will always sell well on Ebay.

Regarding the grip it is unlike other grippy darts, I find razor grip to be too much for me but liked the grip of the Carrera's but if your suffering with sweaty hands then a grippy dart could be what you need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Do you play for a team - or do you play against other players down at your pub/club? If so then ask them if you can have a quick throw of their darts to get a feel for them. Over here in the UK most dart players are very accomodating and will let you have a throw - I don't know what it is like for this elsewhere in the world though, but I wouldn't have thought it too much different.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Red dragon has a 4 set of tungsten value pack, for 19.90 pound, they are very vage on what is in them they just say verious weights but I asume there would be front weighted and center balanced ones in there. Maybe contact them to see exactly what your getting.

Good value I thought

http://www.reddragondarts.com/det/4126/Tungsten-Value-Pack/

In regards to what weight I think that you should try and find out what your original darts weigh and go 1gram eithr way, I personelly always go up rather than down.

I just love the target Pro sport range,inparticular the extreem, loads of grip (for sweaty fingers) and quality for the price, maybe repoint with storm tips will save on flights in the long run.
http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Darts---Steel-Tip-Target-Darts-Target-Sport-90/c9_217_228/index.html

But if ya still looking for the "these are the one's" set then I sugest ceaper brands till ya find them.

Hey if ya can afford it get the carreras x 2 and throw 360's lol!

In regards to a board then deffo BLADE 4
Someone yesterday posted a link that sold the blade 4 for next to nothing. I think It was an American or Canadian site.
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Already purchased the darts and some accessories for the darts as flights stems
Tomorrow or in a few days i will purchase the dartboard Winmau Blade 4 with the surround Winmau Red BDO
Thanks for the advice but i stay with my Porsche ;) lol!
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Eslotes wrote:
Already purchased the darts and some accessories for the darts as flights stems
Tomorrow or in a few days i will purchase the dartboard Winmau Blade 4 with the surround Winmau Red BDO
Thanks for the advice but i stay with my Porsche ;) lol!

Verry well then lol!
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 pm

My Harrows Club Brass darts they weigh 22-23G
1 Barrel: 22 gram
2-3 Barrel: 23 gram
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 pm

good choice you will love them. Let us know how you get on with them happy dude
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:27 pm

yes sure but i think they will be great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 am

mc1958 wrote:
Not sure what the Target Gameplay are but they aren't tungsten darts - I'm guessing the whole range are made of brass.

Not too sure what weight your current darts are, but I would not suggest going straight in for a set of Carreras just in case you don't like them - they are a lot thinner than you currently use.

I would suggest having a look on Pure Darts at the Tommy's Darts ranges - they are nice looking darts and they are a lot cheaper than the Carreras. You could get 3 or 4 sets in different styles to see which suits you best for less than the price of a set of Carreras.

http://www.puredarts.co.uk/tommys-darts-tungsten-darts-supplied-by-tdi-the-world-no-1-trade-dart-and-accessorie-supplies-company/

As far as a board is concerned, I would agree on the Blade 4

I'd say this sums it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:50 pm

No darts arrived...,because my sister said no its no here blabla to the guy who distributed the post here in spain,now its back to GB to DartsCorner,now hopping that they send me it again.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:09 pm

If they got returned to Darts Corner, then send them an email and explain what has happened and I'm sure Wayne and Gary will make sure they get sent back to you.

Did you not get any notification from you local postal service to say they were waiting to be picked up or something?
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 pm

No i went to the local postal and they told me that the item was returned to GB.BTW i already told to them that the darts is going back to DartsCorner..
So now wait,OMG cant wait dammit

Last edited by SilverSaber on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for profanity.)
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:20 pm

That's not a lot of time to hold on to them before sending them back. Don't they tell you when they have something for you. Did they tell you why it was sent back - ie restricted goods or something.

Over here in the UK they leave a nice little card for you and they also hold on to packages for 3 weeks before sending it back.
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Ah sorry didnt tell it,Because the package was damaged and they have send to a big postal departament and from there they have send it back to GB
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Ah ok, it most likely got damaged because DC only ever seem to use the small bubble envelopes unless they are sending out dartboards when they use proper packaging.
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:05 am

The package was 1.665 Kg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk/Help with Eslotes?   Talk/Help with Eslotes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Talk/Help with Eslotes?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next