We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesIf so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mattstan

mattstan

If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them Empty
PostSubject: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:40 am

Doing a bit of guessing here, but there seem to be a lot more Phil Taylor darts sold than probably most other players.
Guessing again, but most people buy them (including myself) for the reason that if he is so good with them over so many years then there cant be anything wrong with them so if i practice and try to throw like the man himself ill be as good as him. Reality is a lot different though Very Happy Very Happy
Anyway my question is, if so many darts players have these darts how come we don't see them on the professionally circuit being used by any other. Bit like the unicorn sigma range. Thousands sold, only a few professionals using them eg maybe andy hamilton is a variation of the sigma 4.
Even in the UK open I did not notice any. Might just be me.
Anyone else think the same, and I haven't ask this to see who is the most anal and can reel off 50 players who use the same darts, just thinking in general out load.
Back to top Go down

If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them Empty
PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:44 am

It seems like most pro's and even some that aren't very good at all, have their own darts available to buy. Hardly anyone I know shoots with a 26 gram dart anyway. Seems like the average is around 21 or 22 grams.
Also, it seems pretty rare that anyone in our league uses the same dart.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 am

My guess is because the pro's find a dart that they like and then make some minor changes to it so that when they hit the big time the dart is associated with them and not anybody else. Give it a couple of years and you will see players using darts similar to the Phase 5's, but with some little changes made.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:51 am

On the subject of the Phase 5's - aren't they a variation of the John Lowe darts anyway?
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:52 am

Taylors just good, its as simple as that. It's not the darts, i think he could pick up anything and play aswell as he does.

The main reason behind the sales is taylors name i think more than anything. ALOT of people when they first start playing buy taylors darts, under the pretence that taylors name on the packaging combined with the price make them the bet possible dart on the market. The majority of new players dont realise that taylor practices more than anyone on tour. They also ont realise that each player has there own style of throw/grip etc, and its that and not the dart that makes a good player.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 am

hmmm interesting. I think most Pros use a straight barrel with a grip design they like. 25-26gm
Taylor ,Barney, Hammy off top of me head. I agree most use 21-23gm darts .
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:53 am

Yeah Mike the Phase 5's are Taylors version of the John Lowe darts.

If you look at Taylors Purist darts they are completely different to his Phase 5 yet he won many titles with them.

There is really only so many distinct shapes of barrel anyway, its just the differences in grip, thickness and length that people feel comfortable with.

Thats why there is no dart that can turn you into a great player but you may feel more comfortable throwing a particular weight, shape, grip, length.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:50 am

I bought the Taylors as my first darts.. lol..
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 am

Personal endorsements are good for selling things. I can't speak to what darts most floor players use as I don't get to see them play. My experience watching stage players is that most have their own signature darts. They're all understandably looking to make money on merchandise sales. How would it be perceived if you are a pro player using another current pro player's darts? I'm not immersed enough in the professional sport to gauge. The first serious darts I bought 6 yrs ago were Taylor Phase 2's. I had some cheapo nickle-brass darts I played with, but when I was invited to join a league team, I thought I'd better get something better. Knowing nothing about darts, I looked around and saw darts used by the (then) 12 or 13 time WC. I didn't expect to throw them as well as him, but I thought, these darts are proven and as I work on becoming better, I can eliminate that variable from the equation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them   If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them Empty

Back to top Go down

If so many people have phase 5/6 darts, how come nearly no other professionals use them

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1