We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesStephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams Empty
PostSubject: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 am

These showed up today from A180. Very nice little dart. Not too sure about the grip though. Feels a bit weird. Although the A180 points are nice, this is a perfect dart for the Storm points. I'm sure I'll be putting a set on soon. Weights were all over the place. 11.8 grams- 12.0 grams- 12.1 grams. I'll break them in later on today with a massive practice session, than back in the dart stand they go. Nice addition to my collection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by JD on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 am

Micro-grip JD
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 am

Wow, yeah looks like fine micro grip, very nice and a nice price too! happy dude
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 am

nice looking dart but id need to stick 2 of them together though.
Back to top Go down
haydenw

haydenw

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 am

Look good JD. How does the micro grip feel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:35 am

haydenw wrote:
Look good JD. How does the micro grip feel?

Micro grip on a smooth dart feels a bit slick to me. I think Winmau got it right with the Hankey dart. Ted's dart is A LOT more grippy then this one. Although I haven't really played with them yet. Maybe 10 throws. Proper testing later on today.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 am

In the style of Kevin Painter, wet your finger JD! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 am

Rebel wrote:
In the style of Kevin Painter, wet your finger JD! Very Happy

Yuck, I never do that. spewing
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:31 am

Hahaha, neither do I Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:48 am

Sweet looking dart, like your set up in white. Really like those flights! I bet those are slick barrels- really will be after some use
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:20 am

I thought they looked a lot like Hankey's until you did the close up of the grip.

Nice looking dart though mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:41 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
I thought they looked a lot like Hankey's until you did the close up of the grip.

Nice looking dart though mate.

Thanks. They are pretty close in shape. The barrel's are a bit shorter though. Nowhere near as grippy as the Hankey though.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 am

Love that grip.....let me know if you don't like them!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:52 am

McInnis180 wrote:
Love that grip.....let me know if you don't like them!!!!! Laughing

So far they've been frustrating me. I spent 1/2 hour today trying to hit a 180 with them. No luck at all. For some reason they are standing up like a James Wade dart or Addie Lewis. Normally my darts go in very flat like Deano's. Thought I was having a bad day but I grabbed my Hankey's and it took me less than 2 minutes to get a 180. Went back to the Bunting's and just couldn't get that 1st 180. Scored well with them but the weird angle of the landing threw me off. They are pretty cheap right now with the 10% discount code at A180. Hair over $20 I think.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:15 pm

I thought they were smooth too, that is like a micro - micro grip, is it meant to be affective, I wonder if it was just a result of the machining, never seen such a fine grooving before?

Also are they slightly tapered?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:55 am

getagrip wrote:
I thought they were smooth too, that is like a micro - micro grip, is it meant to be affective, I wonder if it was just a result of the machining, never seen such a fine grooving before?

Also are they slightly tapered?

The guys at A180 call it "Invisible grip"

They do seem ever so slightly tapered. But what I don't like is the way the stem overlaps the barrel in the back. It can be seen in the close up pic above. Leaves a ridge. 1st time I've played with the A180 gold points. They stick in the board VERY well. Have to give them quite a tug to get them out.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 am

I see what you mean, they must be quite thin at the end then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm

I have just recieved a set of these darts.
Also agree that the grip is strange, and like a micro - micro grip.
I quite liked the darts and they flew and landed similar to my 14 gram darts.

Think A180 have just tried something slightly different with this invisable grip. Also found my customs and the silver Hankey darts offer a little more grip than the Bunting phase 2 dart.

For the price it is a good value light weight dart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams   Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams Empty

Back to top Go down

Stephen Bunting Phase II Darts- 12 Grams

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1