We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft tip conversion points - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft tip conversion points

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 am

jake8380 wrote:
I forgot to mention that I have a picture of my darts scoring two double bulls and a single bull; I just don't have a photo hosting site to upload.

Jake just register at photobucket.com. It's free and takes two seconds mate.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 am

USMC80 wrote:
jake8380 wrote:
I forgot to mention that I have a picture of my darts scoring two double bulls and a single bull; I just don't have a photo hosting site to upload.

Jake just register at photobucket.com. It's free and takes two seconds mate.

Thanks USMC80. I'll look into that. Try my suggestion with the LipPoints and let me know how it goes for you. I've found great success with it. Plus it warps the noodles of the HC steel tip players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 pm

Good news from Japan.

Cosmo to release titanium conversion points soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Winmau on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Oooooooooooooo. Add them to the $200 stems, $250 fusion barrels and your all set up for I reckon about $500+
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
Oooooooooooooo. Add them to the $200 stems, $250 fusion barrels and your all set up for I reckon about $500+

Yeah, I agree jimbo.

But I'm getting a set of these. They HAVE to be under $40.

I hope. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:38 pm

What do you think the main benefit of titanium would be JD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 12:02 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
What do you think the main benefit of titanium would be JD?

Weight I'm guessing. That's always been the problem with all conversion points. They have always screwed up the balance of the dart. front end has been too heavy. These will be just as light as the aluminum ones but 10x harder. One set should last years.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 am

Im liking the ally one's I'm using. Only gripe I have with them is when they hit cement floors. I need to touch the points up with my hone to get rid of rough edges. They also dont like too many hits on wires. They tend to get blunt.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:51 pm

You love your Ti JD! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Japanese webites. rolling eyes

I put the pics back in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah they look sexy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:07 pm

I want a set of the 28mm solids.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:37 am

Yea those are nice looking! Just hope they don't cost an arm and a leg.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Any news of the Ti Cosmo conversions?
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:55 pm

If I want to use a non-steel conversion point, I use the L-Style Hard Lip conversion point.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When I desire to use a conversion point made of steel, I use the steel conversion points made by Bull's Star in Japan. This is the best steel conversion point that I've ever used. There are a few dart shops in the USA that carry this conversion point, but here is the product as listed on the Bull's Star site in Japan. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 am

habanerojooz wrote:
If I want to use a non-steel conversion point, I use the L-Style Hard Lip conversion point.

When I desire to use a conversion point made of steel, I use the steel conversion points made by Bull's Star in Japan. This is the best steel conversion point that I've ever used. There are a few dart shops in the USA that carry this conversion point, but here is the product as listed on the Bull's Star site in Japan. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've made several posts about this. But I play steel tip with LipPoints. I have reduced bounce outs and never have a problem with failure to stick in the board. I play in steel tip tournaments with my soft tips. No need to change at all! Love it. Wish others would give it a go then you don't need to change anything with your dart. Jigger up a point by hitting a wire, simply replace it cheaply with another. I've also noticed I get longer wear out of them on bristle than I do in a soft tip board as well.

It seems the softer tips tend to bend/deflect a little more around the wire allowing the dart to still score.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 am

I've hear bad reviews on the lippoints. say they wear down real quick?
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 am

USMC80 wrote:
I've hear bad reviews on the lippoints. say they wear down real quick?

USMC I'm talking about the standard LipPoints not the HardLips. I have gotten 10 - 20 rounds ( 2 or 3 tournament nights) without having to replace a tip. If on occasion you hit a wire and they chip a little, simply replace it. You can get a pack of 50 tips for $5.00. So at a cost of replacing a tip being $0.10 it's not very expensive at all and they work like a charm.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 am

oh, ya I already have them. throw them at my bristle board without a problem
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 am

The other benefit if not obvious is that your dart never changes weather playing soft or steel. The balance is the same and how it was designed to be.

I have played on numerious boards with no problems. If they stick in my 20+ year old wired/stapled, hard as a rock rooster then they work anywhere. Even in boards with worn out bulls. Something about the plastic really holds them in.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:09 am

hmm i have problems with worn bulls on mine. can you give me a link to them? Maybe i have different ones
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 am

Here you go. I use standard length not shorts:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 am

I'll have to try those out. I've used soft tip points on steel tip boards often. The only area that gives me problems is the bull.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Has anyone tried Unicorn SIGMA Zero D Titanium Nose Cones Conversion Points on soft tips darts?

Update: Tried the Target Diamond Conversion Points on my soft tip darts. After seeing the holes they created and the effort to carefully take them out from the board, I just had to get another kind of conversion point. Since soft tips are not popular here, the only other conversion point I could get locally would be the unicorn sigma zero D points. Might actually get a hold of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 am

1st time I've seen a set from Voks...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:16 am

me too
Back to top Go down
nnj

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:03 pm

O-rings on tips...not advised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:17 pm

nnj wrote:
O-rings on tips...not advised

They're metal.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:46 pm

LMAO...
Back to top Go down
nnj

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm

...glad someone got it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft tip conversion points

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next