We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft tip conversion points LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft tip conversion points

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

Soft tip conversion points Empty
PostSubject: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 am

I have been using my new 18g pumas on the bristle board for practice. With the soft tips on I have been throwing great. Nice groupings great scoring and good doubles. The main thing is the groupings have been great. Since I'm getting to many bounceouts on the bulls I've tried them with hammerhead steal tips and my groupings have got to pot! These points seem to really throw off the balance of the dart but I really want to stay with the pumas for both soft tip boards and steel tip.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 am

USMC80 wrote:
I have been using my new 18g pumas on the bristle board for practice. With the soft tips on I have been throwing great. Nice groupings great scoring and good doubles. The main thing is the groupings have been great. Since I'm getting to many bounceouts on the bulls I've tried them with hammerhead steal tips and my groupings have got to pot! These points seem to really throw off the balance of the dart but I really want to stay with the pumas for both soft tip boards and steel tip.

ya got to buy the steel ones Mac because to me the conversions make them front end heavy bud.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 am

SilverSaber wrote:
USMC80 wrote:

ya got to buy the steel ones Mac because to me the conversions make them front end heavy bud.

Was afraid you were gonna say that. Gonna go home and try a shorter soft point see if it reduces bounceouts on the bull
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 am

i'm having the same exact problem. I refuse to use any conversion point on the market because they are just too long and completely screw up the balance of the dart. I was very happy with the Hardlip points from L-Style. The idea is great. Unfortunately you know what happened to them after a few days. Someone needs to come out with a steep tip point shaped like a soft tip point. I think it would do really well.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:06 am

Sorry Mac,
I have experience with conversions and they just don't work for me at all.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 am

Guys, have you tried these conversion points from Darts Warehouse.

This is what I use.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is what I am waiting on to arrive.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:16 pm

they don't throw off the darts balance at all Jim?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 pm

holy crap Jimbo!!! That's EXACTLY what I've been looking for!!!!! You sir are a life saver!!!!!

A big +1 for you.

Thank you

happy dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:06 pm

OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's okay. At least i know where to look now. That is an EXACT replica of a soft tip point. I'm so excited to find something like this. Can't wait to try them.

How do they work for you Jimbo? Same as a soft tip point?

Weight?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:57 pm

They look really nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 pm

The new points finally got here today. 3 weeks in transit from NZ to Aust. Damn postal service. lol

I will use the new conversion points tomorrow but by the look of them, the weight balance will be the same as the straight set.

I have not noticed any balance problems. They almost feel as light as a plastic point.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Quick pic of my new Puma silver cat 20g soft tip barrels with the new conversion points.

Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 pm

I really like those Jimbo, may have to invest in some for me Bottelsens happy dude
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:23 pm

I cant get over how well these conversion points stick in the board. I used to have to rough my points up to stop them falling out the board, but these points stick like glue.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 pm

sorry JD i saw these while browsing the other day, didnt know they would be any good!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm

thanks jimbo!! just ordered two sets. When ordering guys please put in comments box that your are a member at dartsnutz.com, thank you
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:45 pm

They look good - would these points be of any use to Papachara in the following thread?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 pm

probably would mike, thanks. I linked it for him
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 pm

I think they are cool I might get some too!

Hey Jimbo how come it took 3 weeks from NZ to OZ? I have ordered from Dartswarehouse and it usually gets here 3 or 4 days later?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 pm

I used to have dealings with a couple of guys in Oz a few years ago - everything to and from there used to take between 2-4 weeks, whereas a guy I dealt with in NZ it used to only take a week max. I think everything gets held up in the Oz Customs - similar to China it just gets put in a big shed until someone picks it up lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Typical red tape then! rolling eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 am

USMC80 wrote:
thanks jimbo!! just ordered two sets. When ordering guys please put in comments box that your are a member at dartsnutz.com, thank you

Ordered where? They were out of stock!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:07 am

not the second one pictured mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:27 am

USMC80 wrote:
not the second one pictured mate

You must of got the last ones. Both are out of stock now.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Still in stock these ones JD
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:33 am

Thefox180 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Still in stock these ones JD

Ah yes. How'd I miss those? Thanks Fox! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:58 am

The first lot of stuff I ordered from them got here in 9 working days.

This latest lot got here in 15 working days and the package they came in looked like it had a foot print on it.

I blame Australia Post for the delay. They are notorious for losing mail and for delays.
Funny thing is though, when I order from deadeye darts, I get delivery in 1 or 2 days.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello all! USMC80, I play with 18g Dynasty Burning with Lip Points and have no problems with bounce outs. In fact I have found that I have less bounce outs than with steel points. I have even played several tournaments with them on.

A few of the guys who were going to play in a soft tip tournament the next day decided they would play with their soft tip sets ups as practice. They could not believe they actually worked so well. One had a lot of bounce outs but he was using some really cheap flimsy points. I gave him a set of lip points and the problem went away for him.

The conversion points will mess with the balance of the dart. Unless the ones posted here are magic and weigh the same as plastic points I would expect the same.

Someone post an update of how they are working out.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 pm

I forgot to mention that I have a picture of my darts scoring two double bulls and a single bull; I just don't have a photo hosting site to upload.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Jake, I've been using these points for a while and have absolutely no problems with them. I used to use long steel points so these aluminium points weigh around the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft tip conversion points   Soft tip conversion points Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft tip conversion points

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next