We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesShow us your grip LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Show us your grip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

actually my thumb is a little further back now
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 am

heres mine.

i've been experimenting a little and as of now i rest the base of the point on my ring finger's fingernail.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 am

Here's mine - think they are my first set of customs, and I've now got Cosmo's on them as well lol. They've got a slight scallop at the back where my thumb goes

Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:01 am

SilverSaber wrote:

actually my thumb is a little further back now

Mine is very similar Larry although my middle finger is a little lighter on the dart than yours.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 am

Im going to do a new pic of mine and put my old and new together, as Im holding the dart a little lighter now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
ollie642

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 am

Heres mine
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 am

CanadianBacon wrote:
heres mine.

i've been experimenting a little and as of now i rest the base of the point on my ring finger's fingernail.

I like
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:17 am

mc1958 wrote:
Here's mine - think they are my first set of customs, and I've now got Cosmo's on them as well lol. They've got a slight scallop at the back where my thumb goes

I see that grip a lot .
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:56 am

SilverSaber wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

I see that grip a lot .

Sod the grip where did you get those darts? They look awesome!
Just seen the mention of the scollop, so not really interested anymore, my apologies to you.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Saber

Saber

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:50 am

The scallop is so shallow its hard to see but when ya grip them ya got the same grip every time , they are awesome darts. Of course not meant for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:14 am

Thanks for your time and effort, as you say everyone to his own, however does this infer that you are only able to throw this type of designed dart.
If the question is impertinent then I gladly withdraw it with apologies to yourself.
The reason I ask is purely scientific and may help explain why people are under a certain impression in regard to the way they impart power into the dart.
Utmost regards
Bo
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:57 am

Bo-Jangles wrote:
Thanks for your time and effort, as you say everyone to his own, however does this infer that you are only able to throw this type of designed dart.
If the question is impertinent then I gladly withdraw it with apologies to yourself.
The reason I ask is purely scientific and may help explain why people are under a certain impression in regard to the way they impart power into the dart.
Utmost regards
Bo

Thanks for your post,
I can throw any dart but my opinion is that if you are more comfortable with a certain style or weight then that's what should be used.
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:21 am

Thanks for that
regards
Bo
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:23 am

I can throw any dart around the 21-23g weight range Bo-Jangles, although I prefer the straighter darts.

I designed my customs to have the scollop at the back though so that I know my thumb is in the right place every time meaning it's one thing less to think about when playing matches. I actually took that idea from the Devon Peterson darts.

I've got two sets of customs - the ones in the grip picture are my first set which are the bottom in the following picture, and as you can see the scollop is shallow as Larry said. I'm actually using the top set in matches now though as I prefer the grip:

Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:50 pm

mc1958 wrote:
I can throw any dart around the 21-23g weight range Bo-Jangles, although I prefer the straighter darts.

I designed my customs to have the scollop at the back though so that I know my thumb is in the right place every time meaning it's one thing less to think about when playing matches. I actually took that idea from the Devon Peterson darts.

I've got two sets of customs - the ones in the grip picture are my first set which are the bottom in the following picture, and as you can see the scollop is shallow as Larry said. I'm actually using the top set in matches now though as I prefer the grip:

Very interesting thank you!
Interesting that the scollop is to the rear of the dart, I actually use a scolloping of sorts on some throws, (where the stem meets the barrel) however I do not always place my fingers in the same area, sometimes my fingers are right to the point, centralised or more likely just in front of and crushing the flight. All dependent on what i'm throwing for.
Many thanks again
Bo
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Here's my new grip after a year of fighting against my injuried nerves in my arm

And yes, I have stolen some of Anastasias grip :P
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:30 am

Nice pencil grip
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks Smile And I found out that it works pretty well for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Dalman

Dalman

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 pm

mc1958 wrote:

Similar to my grip but I hold it further forward

[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]]
Back to top Go down
HowlingMonkey

HowlingMonkey

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:39 am

Here is mine

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 am

HowlingMonkey wrote:
Here is mine

nice
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:02 am

Here is mine:
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:48 am

Here's mine, excuse the tape on the thumb (accident at work sword fight ):

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 am

Very posh grip Rebel Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:41 am

Haha, cheers, I think Laughing

Two fingers only on the barrel, 3rd finger under the point for balance and as a guide and the other 2 fingers as far out of the way as possible.

Works for me, used to grip like Wade but have found since changing about 2 years ago I have improved a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 am

I guess the less contact with the barrel the less to go wrong, but it would not feel like I was in control with just tow fingers.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 am

The darts go all over the place if I have any more than 2 fingers on the barrel, when I actually release the dart I have minimal pressure on the dart, its almost like its just say on my thumb being supported by my pointer.

With watching dart you see so many varied styles, I have tried to copy some but none work for me as good as the grip I use - not saying i wont find a better one but while its working OK I will have to stick with it - would love to be able to throw like Steve Beaton, that is one stylish, relaxed throw if ever i saw one.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Rebel wrote:
The darts go all over the place if I have any more than 2 fingers on the barrel, when I actually release the dart I have minimal pressure on the dart, its almost like its just say on my thumb being supported by my pointer.

With watching dart you see so many varied styles, I have tried to copy some but none work for me as good as the grip I use - not saying i wont find a better one but while its working OK I will have to stick with it - would love to be able to throw like Steve Beaton, that is one stylish, relaxed throw if ever i saw one.

Must agree regards Beaton, he does have a very nice smooth action.

I tried to change my grip last year, I even had some custom darts made to help.

I only really tried to change because I thought my grip was a factor in the aches I get in my wrist. It was a disaster really, I just started playing worse and worse.

It took me a while to find my old grip again, but once I did I started to improve again.
Back to top Go down
vascorocks

vascorocks

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:32 am

Here's my grip Smile
I've never seen a player gripping the dart like me, with just 3 fingers touching the darts, but I'm sure if something is wrong on my game isn't the grip for sure!
Other funny thing about my grip is I just touch the actual dart barrel in the very end, no matter the dart shape. I grab the dart where the barrel meets the shaft... so the actual grip of the dart is almost irrelevant for me except for the last inch may be...
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Last edited by vascorocks on Wed May 16, 2012 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vascorocks
getagrip

getagrip

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:36 am

vascorocks wrote:
Here's my grip Smile
I've never seen a player gripping the dart like me, with just 3 fingers touching the darts, but I'm sure if something is wrong on my game isn't the grip for sure!

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Looks like a very delicate grip Vasco!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Show us your grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your grip   Show us your grip Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your grip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next