We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesI broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! Empty
PostSubject: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:03 am

Cant believe I actually broke one.

Put my board on a darts stand what I cobbled together and played in the loft for a few minutes, one dart deflected off another and hit the laminate flooring. I threw the three darts again and looked in horror as at first I thought my barrel had snapped then realised it was the stem that was at a 90 degree angle.

Hmmm not sure if I will get anymore now if they break that easily, I thought they were meant to be near indestructible???
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:08 am

joker drivers! I dont use my cosmos when I play anywhere with a hard floor, I use the slim ones
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:11 am

yep have gone back to the normal cosmo shafts. I noticed if throwing with pears,slims or mini's this happened lot more than when using standard flights
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:12 am

what are the joker drivers made of nylon?
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:13 am

Carbon - the are acutally L- Style now
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:15 am

I've still only had the one break when I accidentally trod on it - still can't believe I did that lol - but if they break when hitting a solid floor then that's not good at all. I've had a couple of normal Cosmo shafts break on my wood floor but not the Gear's yet.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:17 am

Cosmo has those titanium ones Grip - only $120 us. I guess they are coming out with some carbon ones soon
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:20 am

I guess they are magnesium not titanium - expensive! The carbon ones are out now - $38 us
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 am

well I would have that the Carbon were durable, but I thought these were meant to be, its the only cosmo stem I have broken so far.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:30 am

No matter what they do as long as they are using poly carbonite they will be brittle. I'm surprised that any manufacturer would make them out of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:25 am

Some sort of small carpet under the darting area???
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:29 am

Winmau wrote:
Some sort of small carpet under the darting area???

Yup a cheap walmart throw rug should work
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 am

set Rocky under the board with helmet ?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:15 am

LOL!

yeah downstairs I have some of those foam mats that they use in gyms the ones that inter lock together, guess I will have to get some more.
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:34 am

Don't worry guys, I'm working on an oche airbag. It has sensors built into the board and it senses a dart falling and inflates automatically before it hits the deck. Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 am

The Coach wrote:
Don't worry guys, I'm working on an oche airbag. It has sensors built into the board and it senses a dart falling and inflates automatically before it hits the deck. Me Thinking

Brilliant! lol
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:23 am

I've got a coffee table under my board - I just put a big cushion on it in case of any fallouts lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 am

The Coach wrote:

Nice idea Sal but I have my own idea based on the old darts nets, except mine will be bigger LOL!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:44 pm

A net?!? Come on Grip, join us in the 21st century. old man

Actually, my solution to bounce-outs are my 48g Bunker Busters and a little weight lifting. Now, the only problem is getting them out of the wall. Maybe a power winch?? Larry Dino
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:08 pm

LOL!

you produce it Sal and I will buy it!

How about a little parachute that pops out the darts and allows them to gently float to the floor? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 am

I thought you were kidding about the nets, but those a pretty cool.

Parachutes wouldn't work, the weight would be prohibitive, the fall isn't great enough for them to deploy in time and they would certainly screw-up the aerodynamics. rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:04 pm

The Coach wrote:
I thought you were kidding about the nets, but those a pretty cool.

Parachutes wouldn't work, the weight would be prohibitive, the fall isn't great enough for them to deploy in time and they would certainly screw-up the aerodynamics. rolling eyes

didn't you see the pic I uploaded? maybe photobucket was playing up?
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:37 am

No, there was no picture the first time, but it's up now.

Here's another idea!! Get one of those giant aquariums and fill it with Jello, or better yet, Butterscotch pudding. drool
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 am

The Coach wrote:
No, there was no picture the first time, but it's up now.

Here's another idea!! Get one of those giant aquariums and fill it with Jello, or better yet, Butterscotch pudding. drool

LOL! or tie a rubber band to your darts but make sure you wear a crash helmet when throwing them! Crazy Grip
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 am

The Coach wrote:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! cry laugh cry laugh cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:35 pm

yep this place is the NUTZ !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:45 pm

I was wondering what was going on in here.

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:45 pm

getagrip wrote:
LOL! or tie a rubber band to your darts but make sure you wear a crash helmet when throwing them! Crazy Grip

Better yet, got a 12"x 12" cork square from any decent crafts store or Lowes and glue it to the front of your helmet. Then, just bow your head after you throw and you won't have to bend over to pick up the darts. Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Broke another tonight at the pub. Fit flight gear after I go through these forget about them. Regular fit last longer, why I don't know. maybe cause the gear doesn't give any and the other does if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:17 am

The Coach wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Better yet, got a 12"x 12" cork square from any decent crafts store or Lowes and glue it to the front of your helmet. Then, just bow your head after you throw and you won't have to bend over to pick up the darts. Me Thinking

LOL! I feel a new thread coming on "Useless Darts Inventions!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!   I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I broke a Fit Shaft Gear!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next