We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft Tip Machines LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft Tip Machines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:43 am

Post up pics of some machines in your area or pics you find on the web.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 am

Anyone play on one of these???

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 am

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:48 am

If I ever become REALLY rich, I'd fill my game room with a few of these...

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:50 am

Euro Galaxy boards...

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:52 am

This is the board we have at the Bosnian spot. Only one in town.

I'll get real pics later.

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:54 am

I used to work on these....

Repaired and rebuilt many of them

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:56 am

My ex gf used to have one of these...

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:58 am

I don't know of any pubs with them in the UK, but personally I like the Viper X-Treme

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:10 am

I've played on the top gun one years ago in a pub. Found a used on for 500 bucks but went with the dartslive 100s instead
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:12 am

How long is the life expectancy of a soft tip board?
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 am

USMC80 wrote:
I've played on the top gun one years ago in a pub. Found a used on for 500 bucks but went with the dartslive 100s instead

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:17 am

ahhh cant wait
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:46 am

Is that galaxy3 the one that swivels and has the 13.5" board on the other side? We have valley boards in my area, one place has a shelti. Our main bar that we used to play at had scorpion boards, really liked those but I guess the went out of business. I like the boards with the normal steel tip board colors, one of the reasons I bought the viper extreme.
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:08 am

spat66 wrote:
Is that galaxy3 the one that swivels and has the 13.5" board on the other side? We have valley boards in my area, one place has a shelti. Our main bar that we used to play at had scorpion boards, really liked those but I guess the went out of business. I like the boards with the normal steel tip board colors, one of the reasons I bought the viper extreme.

Yeah, the G3 spins around. Played on it Thursday and i have to say... it's hard on the eyes looking at the blue and red.
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:21 am

My all time favorite board is the Galaxy with the steel tip colored face on it.

This was the only pic I could find right off.

But i love, love this board.

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:23 am

The last Bullshooter I was at they had a few but most were black and orange
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:39 am

This seems like a cool, different set up...

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Winmau wrote:
USMC80 wrote:

Wow!! How can you fail to hit the T20, it's huge!! Smile
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 pm

^^^ Problems arise when your opponent opens with a 7 or 9 mark and you fail to hit at least a 5, 6 or 7 mark to answer back. So it's not how you can fail to hit a trip 20. It's how you can fail to hit a much needed 7 mark once your opponent puts you under pressure. And this is something I see from world class players ALL the time.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Are they used predominantly for cricket then? I remember a few years back watching a European soft tip Championship with Roland Scholten in and he was amazing in that. I seem to remember that the Bull was massive and they kept finishing on that rather than a double becaus ethey were hitting it 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:57 pm

chrisbamb wrote:
Are they used predominantly for cricket then? I remember a few years back watching a European soft tip Championship with Roland Scholten in and he was amazing in that. I seem to remember that the Bull was massive and they kept finishing on that rather than a double becaus ethey were hitting it 99% of the time.

Yeah, cricket is very popular in soft tip. The bull is mostly used in 01 games, and any part of the bull counts as 50. So with 70 left for example, 99% of players will go single 20, bull, to finish.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Obviously you American guys will know the answer to this, but do you think that the Soft Tip scene is why you don't get that many good players breaking into the Steel tip version of the game?

I only ask because it seems that you're schooled first and foremost on the Soft tip game. Do you also feel that it affects your steel tip game in anyway? Do you swap and change between the two?

I did notice a lot of soft tip boards around on my recent visit to the States but not a lot of steel tipped ones. I presume that this is because most Leagues are already set up with the soft tip version?

Do you think that if they converted to just steel tipped Leagues that the standard of American players would come on in leaps and bounds?
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:14 pm

This is just my opinion, but the reason Americans haven't been able to do much on the pro scene is the formats we have to deal with. Best of 3 has been the norm for years around here. Plus we play WAY too much cricket. Things are changing though. We are starting to play longer formats and play 501 only. I believe in the next 5 years we will be able compete again on the big stage.

Swapping between soft tip and steel tip has made me an overall better player. I believe there is more constant pressure to perform well in soft tip. Keep in mind, I'm talking about darts at a pretty high level. I grew up playing steel tip only. Then moved to an area were soft tip was played with no choice of steel tip anywhere. As long as my darts are similar it's very easy to switch back and forth.

Converting to steel tip leagues just isn't an option in the states. I think soft tip is now more popular, but that depends on where you live as well.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 pm

It would be good to see a more consistent challenge from the U.S. Looking at some of the standards you guys on here throw I to believe it's a matter of time before we have a break out of Americans on the circuit and maybe even more Tournaments out there as well.

It's good to hear that 501 is slowly getting rolled out in longer formats as well. I did have a throw on a soft tip and apart from the weight of the darts (pub darts) it's something I could get used to. Smile
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Dartslive soft tip now has a 25g (total dart) weight limit.

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:37 pm

i am jealous winmau i really want a decent soft tip board but there is nothing in the uk Sad
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:40 pm

lion180 wrote:
i am jealous winmau i really want a decent soft tip board but there is nothing in the uk Sad

I'd trade it all to have what you have in the UK. Darts on the tele all the time. Dart players that are famous, and darts that are accepted as a major sport. Nothing remotely close to that here in the states. Sad
But it is getting better here.
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm

i know mate dont get me wrong i love it but soft tip darts excites me mainly because of the different games etc

with pub league and superleague ive give it up tbh just playing comps and the odd league game mostly because i am bored of it all no reward anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soft Tip Machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Machines   Soft Tip Machines Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Machines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next