We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTarget L flights LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Target L flights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 am

Ok so I ordered a set of the Target L flights last week and they arrived friday. Today is Tuesday and the flights are ruined. Two if the three have huge tears on one of the wings. I'd have thought for £5.50 a set, these extra tough, long life flights would last a little longer.. Anyone else had this issue, or did i get a bad batch?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
USMC80

USMC80

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 am

wow, id say a bad batch. Have used mine for weeks without a tear.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 am

WoW! they are very expensive now £5.50! When I first used them I think they were £2.25 then as they kept going up I stopped when they got to £3.55.

Mine lasted longer than that though, do you throw your darts with a lot of force or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:55 am

Very little force grip, im more of a floater than a thrower tbh.

I'd heard really good things about them, and a much cheaper option than the cosmos, which is the reason I bought them in the first place. Im gonna email DC and see about getting a refund
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 am

I stopped using L flights because they're not cost-effective for me. My L flights got tears but not as much as what happened to yours. Could be a bad batch.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:06 am

Well just emailed DC, will have to wait and see what they say
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 am

Wow they tore up quick! I'm not one for change myself not at them kind of prices No Prefer to buy normal flights in bulk myself and save myself a good few quid Smile

Hope DC help you out mate Good Luck
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:05 am

Thefox180 wrote:
Very little force grip, im more of a floater than a thrower tbh.

I'd heard really good things about them, and a much cheaper option than the cosmos, which is the reason I bought them in the first place. Im gonna email DC and see about getting a refund

hmmm must be an iffy set, I never had them go that bad so quick!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:09 am

Was thinking of trying these in my next order as well - don't think I will now!!!
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 am

I'm certainly not going to risk another set, not at that price
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Had an email back this morning, about as much help as a chocolate teapot tbh.
HI Gareth

Thanks for the email

Sadly as much as the flights cost this can happen with any flight,

They are classed as a consumable and when hit with a metal dart the do rip and get damaged,

I know this is not much help but there is not much we can do about this as it is all part of the game,

The better you get the better grouping of the darts the more times you hit the flights,

I can understand the frustration with this but as we don’t actually make the flights from our side there is nothing we can actually do,

You can always try emailing Target Darts directly regarding the flights as these are the guys who make them,

Hope this helps

Thanks

Gary Taylor

Customer Service Manager

Darts Corner

Not very happy with DC now, a big fat -1 from me.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

I can sort of see where he is coming from but I would have expected a bit more aswell. Even if he had offered to inspect the flights due to the fact they went so bad so quick and then sort something from there. Oh well.....lesson learned fox Sad
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Hmm, still a bit miffed though. I've emailed target as he suggested, but im not sure i'l be shopping with Dc again for a while
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:21 pm

It would put me off aswell fox, would be interesting to see how any other shops have dealt with problems like this.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:31 pm

The fact that he didnt even apolgise upsets me the most if im honest. Having worked in customer service I know the first rule is apologise like a mutha. Even if its not your fault.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Its the sort of response I expected to be honest, Andy got a similar response when he complained about some points falling out of his darts, dont think he ever got that resolved either.

If that had happened after using them for a long while I would not have complained, but as you only just got them then I think you had a right to kick up a fuss, the least they could do is offer you a new set then if the same happened again you would know it is not worth trying again.

You might have better luck with Target though, lets hope so! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 am

Didn't they just change their stems to address this problem? I believe they added a lip at the top of them to address exact thing. That probably doesn't help you now, but at least it's a known problem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They don't mention it directly in this video, but you can see the little lips at the top of these shafts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedeyeSPR
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:50 am

Yeah they did redeye, but it's another expense. The flights were £5.50, the champagne caps were another £2.00. Dont want to then pay another fiver or so for some stems to stop the flights from tearing up..
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:23 am

Thefox180 wrote:
Yeah they did redeye, but it's another expense. The flights were £5.50, the champagne caps were another £2.00. Dont want to then pay another fiver or so for some stems to stop the flights from tearing up..

I don't blame you! Every time I look at the LStyle or Fit systems and figure out the cost, I end up being more satisfied with the few dollars I spend on Alamo shafts and regular poly flights. I don't robin hood enough shots for that to be an issue, and flight protectors keep all my flights at 90 degrees with little effort.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedeyeSPR
getagrip

getagrip

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:33 am

I think that if the flights were good enough more people would buy them and the price would drop, but the price has been increasing every year so I dont think the market is big enough for them yet. Its like the Cosmos they same to be a niche product, so I think they will always be high price.

Would be nice to have some sales figure from the manufactures.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:23 pm

I've just had an email back from Target. Much better reaction than the ass clowns at DC.

Hi Gareth

I am very sorry to hear that it is very unusual, is there anyway you could send me an image of the flight we can then have a look at perhaps replacing them for you?

Kind Regards

Charlene Cooper

Target Sports Ltd
Unit 3, Crammond Park
Lovet Road
Harlow
Essex
CM19 5TF
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Thats more like it, I expect Target to be more customer friendly though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:30 pm

I may have mentioned exactly how un helpful DC were in dealing with my complaint...
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Well lets hope Target send you a replacement.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 pm

I reckon Target will send you a couple of sets as replacements.

DC (or any other shop) don't have the time to inspect every single item that comes into their shop and issues with the goods themselves are normally down to the manufacturer. If they send out the wrong goods, or worse the goods aren't received, then it would be down to the shop.

I agree though Gary could have been a little more sympathetic, but at least he did point you in the right direction (ie to Target themselves).
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Had another reply from Target this morning

Hi Gareth

I have been advised by our production team that these flights are really for the Japanese Market so for soft tip darts, if you are quite a technical or quality player they are not very resilient and split quite frequently with steel tip play..

I can on this occasion only offer you a replacement set to help you out, we would not usually do this for flights as we do not have a guarantee for them like we do the barrels.

Please can you send me your address details, I will post some out to you.

Kind Regards

Charlene Cooper

I get what they're saying about the soft tips, and its nice of them to offer the replacement. This is why I'm a fan of Target products
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Thats good then, but on another note they should state that the flights are intended for soft tip play!
Back to top Go down
TrollTheLocalPatriot

TrollTheLocalPatriot

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Mate what can I say ,only one thing,what Latvian head coach said when we lost to Germany in 2009 . Shit happens . So [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 am

Target are sending me some replacement flights and complimentary champagne caps. See? It pays to kick up a fuss. Seriously though, outstanding service from Target. +1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Target L flights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L flights   Target L flights Empty

Back to top Go down

Target L flights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next