We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTarget L Flights? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Target L Flights?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Don't know why given all the Cosmo gear I have but I feel like trying these out for a change - anybody here used them? If so what are they like - especially as compared to Cosmo's? Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm

I used to use them all the time and really liked them until the prices went up, and then I found Cosmos, but would still happily use the L's if they were cheaper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Cheers Darren - I think I'll order some over the weekend from DC as they have a 10% discount code this weekend
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 pm

I've used L flights and love them. Too bad they're pricey for me. Shifted to Ruthless and Rhino flights when the L flights became unusable.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Tried L's after i got rid of cosmo. Much more durable IMO. Lasted me weeks instead of days. Price is still too high though
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Yeah, best to take advantage of any offers. When I was buying them they started at about £2.95 I think, then went to £3.25 and then jumped to about £4.99 so I stopped buying them, but now they are nearly £6 I think.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Speaking of L flights, does anybody have any spare Champangne caps they want to shimmy my way?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mc1958

mc1958

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks for the replies guys - I just had a look on AAA in the US and they have a wider choice than DC and are cheaper ($7.50). I'm going to be putting in another order with them shortly so I may leave it for now and get them from there - it won't cost much in additional postage anyway. I know I'll have a couple of weeks to wait before they arrive, but not a big problem.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:19 am

I give L-flights a 10 outta 10 except for price. Ya need to buy the little punch machine that way you can punch your own flights
\
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:19 am

Don't L flights come already punched?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:20 am

yes, believe so
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:36 am

yes they do, however you can buy cheapo flights and punch them yourself a lot cheaper IMO
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 am

Cheers for the clarification Larry - I was asking about L flights and assumed you meant these didn't come pre-punched. I know all about normal flights and punches - I used to use pigeon rings before I started using Cosmo's lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 5:07 am

I was looking at some very early darts world mags and I dont think the Target L flights are that new an idea, I think it was Elkadart (will need to check) who had something very similar in the early 70's.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:25 am

getagrip wrote:
I was looking at some very early darts world mags and I dont think the Target L flights are that new an idea, I think it was Elkadart (will need to check) who had something very similar in the early 70's.
First thing I noticed Grip with your avatar is she's not wearing a seat belt ! (I'm lying)
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:55 pm

I used to use the L-Flight Champagne a lot with the Laro stems. Great concept, work really well, lots of different styles, shape, colour etc. I know people are bugged about the price but I've found they last a long time especially if you use either Trident 180 dart cones or Target Storm points. The reason i went to Cosmo is because i noticed that the L-Flights are fairly rigid and you can take some big deflections. The Cosmo tend to flex a bit more especially if you have the thinner stems. The flights tend to push around even on the non spinning stems (especially the new Fit Gear ones). L-Flight are coming out with a new thinner stem that might flex a bit more and therefore reduce the problem.
Use your old flights for practice and new ones for comp.
You can fix tears in your old L-Flights with plastic glue, a clamp, two pieces of wood and an old aluminum can cut up (Use the metal between the two pieces of wood and use as little glue as possible.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 pm

zappaluv wrote:
You can fix tears in your old L-Flights with plastic glue, a clamp, two pieces of wood and an old aluminum can cut up (Use the metal between the two pieces of wood and use as little glue as possible.

Good tip Zappp!
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:40 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys - I just had a look on AAA in the US and they have a wider choice than DC and are cheaper ($7.50). I'm going to be putting in another order with them shortly so I may leave it for now and get them from there - it won't cost much in additional postage anyway. I know I'll have a couple of weeks to wait before they arrive, but not a big problem.
A-Z Darts have a good range too. Never had any problems. Sometimes have give aways if you buy 50 bucks worth of stuff (set of flights, case and wristband)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Can't see me buying any more cases now I have a double Bonzwa case, but I may give A-Z a try as well - they look like they have a better selection on the L flights, and they look cheaper as well. Cheers for the recommendation zappaluv.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm

They also have these at Dartswarehous: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Target L Flights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target L Flights?   Target L Flights? Empty

Back to top Go down

Target L Flights?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1