We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAdrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Papachara

Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) Empty
PostSubject: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:30 am

Hello, I'm from Spain, I would like to know what british people think about that Adrian Lewis is going to play the Stage 3 of The World on the 27th of May in Hong Kong, Do you think Soft Tip Darts will be as well known as Steel Tip in a not too far future? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:45 am

Hello Papachara,

I think that will be a great thing for Soft Tip darts and for Lewis too!

I do personally think that Soft Tip will eventually take over Steel Tip maybe a few more years yet, but it is already very popular in some European countries and is very popular in Asian countries and the U.S.

I kind of hope it wont kill the steel tip game but I think its inevitable that it will do in time.

Thanks for posting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:15 am

Don't have much knowlege of soft tip to be honest, but from what I have seen from YouTube it involves a lot of bull shooting, and judging by Lewis' composure and ability to hit the bull for a 170 checkout recently after dropping the dart first, I reckon he might do pretty well!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:15 am

I'm not British affraid but I think it will be great for soft tip. And i have to agree with dannyd180's comment on Lewis ability to hit the bull lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:45 am

I think a few of the Britsih Pro's have already been in some of the Soft Tip comps, Taylor too, would be interested to know what Taylor thinks about it.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:47 am

i think softies definately have the momentum goin for them and eventually i believe it will become larger than the steel game. I'm not a fan of the mole by any means but i say good for him for expanding his horizons. i think it bodes of acceptance that one of the worlds best steelers is embracing the change. It could however further the pro-soft argument if he performs poorly in that arena. Regardless of the growth, the steel game will always have strong following and the competition betwen the two partys will be good for the whole.
For me personally i could never see myself making the switch, i love everything about the steel game.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:14 am

Soft tip is fun, but steel for me now.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:28 am

I'm toying with the idea of trying soft tip and I'll get around to it some time. I can't see it ever taking over from steel tip though in the UK - certainly not in my lifetime.

As for steel tip pro's playing it - Anastasia has won a few titles in the far east (both cricket and 501) and Irina Armstrong is also quite good at the soft tip variety. Not sure about the men but I know Taylor and Lowe have played it before, although I don't think either have won any titles at it.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:30 am

Well I think if the money keeps growing in Soft Tip then it will attract the best players of the steel tip game, I hope the steel tip side has a long life yet but I still believe sometime in the future soft tip will over take it.
Back to top Go down
Papachara

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Yes taylor played but I think he only did it on exhibitions, for example John Part, it's also a soft tip dart player, dartslive and phoenix, are offering greats amounts of money on prizes, I'm also a Soft Tip Dart player, but I love steel also, I played here In Spain in Torrevieja with many British and Dutch people, also played PDC Tour here in Benidorm, but it is interesting how Soft tip darts are growing, the format that lewis is going to play in Hong Kong it's 701 Master Out Bull 50/50, Cricket, 701, Cricket, Choice I know Adrian hits many bulls, but ALL players hits many bulls, believeme , Players like Paul Lim, John Part, Yuji Eguchi, Mitsumasa Hoshino, Morihiro Hashimoto ( the one who played against Gary Anderson on PDC) I think it will be one of the hardest challenges for Adrian, totally sure ;) Thanks! and sorry about my English!!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Nice post mate, and your english is just fine.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:07 am

Thats interesting Papa, will enjoy seeing Lewis play that if I can get to see it.

And your English is fine! good job
Back to top Go down
Papachara

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:48 pm

And Adrian Lewis have lost on Last 16 against Keita Ono, 3-0!! Easy darts??? Haha
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Well if it takes over is it really such a bad thing? Or.. what exacly is the differance? Is the length to the board different?

The weight of the dart is kinda silly isnt it? Today it must be possible to throw heavier darts at an electronic dartboard?

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm not an expert but some of the differences are the following. If any of these are incorrect please let me know:

1 - there is a weight limit to the darts - and that is for the whole dart, not just the barrel and point as we are used to in the steel tip game

2 - the throwing distance is slightly longer at 8'

3 - both the bull and semi-bull score 50 points (hence why so much throwing at the bull

4 - you can finish on the exact number whether that be a treble or a double (and also I believe a single, but not 100% sure of this)

5 - you don't need a chalker as the board does the scoring for you

6 - the biggest difference - you have to put money in the box to play a game of soft tip

7 - and another one - the soft tip machines are noisy lol

My personal opinion is that no's 6 and 7 will stop it catching on over here in the UK, especially no 6.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:49 am

I didn't know the semi bull was 50 points too!

I think there was an electronic bristle board too, so maybe they should merge the two together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)   Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip) Empty

Back to top Go down

Adrian Lewis on The World Stage 3 ( Soft Tip)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1