We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWhat Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eplea

eplea

What Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? Empty
PostSubject: What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??   What Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I've come across it again today and thought I'd put up a post.

For people wanting to try out the Cosmo system, the number of shaft sizes makes it difficult to simply buy a "medium" stem and flight for replacement.

I've made up a simple drawing that hopefully will make it easier. In this example, we'll use normal medium nylon stems and flights.

Take a measurement from the base of the shaft (not the threads) to the base of the flight slot. On a normal medium nylon stem, this is around 34mm.

To find the Cosmo replacement, take the shaft measurement they use and add 3mm.
A 31mm Cosmo shaft (+3mm) becomes 34mm, the replacement size for the normal medium stem and flight combo.
The reason to add the 3mm is due to the way Cosmo flights are manufactured. At the base of the flight is an additional 3mm of material.

Not taking this into consideration you might go with a 35mm stem as it's closest to 34mm, but in fact, it's actual assembled 'length' is closer to 38mm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
eplea

eplea

PostSubject: Re: What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??   What Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Replacement Diagram <- in case the one I used doesnt work.
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

PostSubject: Re: What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??   What Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 pm

concise info is always good in darts. i find it ironic in a measured world of grams shafts still get referred by s m L
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??   What Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 am

I use the 18mm or 23mm Cosmo stems.
Back to top Go down
griff10

griff10

PostSubject: Re: What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??   What Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:37 am

i use #4 stems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??   What Size Cosmo Stems To Use?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Size Cosmo Stems To Use??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1