We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesBiting the bullet LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Biting the bullet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GingerTornado

GingerTornado

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 am

Well folks, after roughly three and bit months of practice I bit the bullet this week and signed up for my first competitive darts tournament. affraid

It's a open singles event that will run for 11 weeks and see me competing with up to 44 players of different levels of ability.

I'm no great shakes by any stretch of the imagination but the guy that runs it told me not to worry about it, just enjoy it and take the experience with me.

Sure, I'll get absolutely thrashed by the bestter players but I'm told there will be people of similar ability to me so I'll have a chance to test myself!

It doesn't start till June so I've got a few months more practice left to raise my game.

Fingers crossed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:32 am

Good lad. Some match practice will do you a world of good. The craic is usually good too because your with people who you share a passion with. Best of luck for it and make sure and let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am

good luck mate !
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:36 am

Good luck to you mate Good Luck

For me competitive darts is all about confidence, if you are beating good opponents your confidence will shoot up, however when you get beaten your confidence can take a knock.

I am at a low confidence wise at the moment after having a bad few weeks in the league, no matter how well I throw in practice I just seem to crumble in the match.

Got a break this week as I am on nights and back in the doubles finals next week with me brother (awesome player) - this week, as much as practicing on the oche, I am trying to get my head right as well - I know I can play well, I have done, and beaten some of the best players in the area - I just have to bring that confidence with me to the match night.

Anyway thats me on me soap box head spin

I guess what I am trying to say is practice and keep your chin up if you take a knock or two - once your head drops your opponents will see it and have no mercy on you (see Phil Taylor for instance).

Enjoy the new experience and I am sure you will do very well - keep us posted darts throw
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:46 am

by the way is it in glasgow ? doubt i'd be able to beat anyone lol , but it'd be good to go and watch a tournament to get the feel of how things go
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 am

good luck mate
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:38 am

Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
1in1out

1in1out

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:14 am

not going great at the moment myself but when i do play well are the times when i throw walk back behind your opponent look down at the floor and keep my eyes there and repeat this throughout the game why i dont do this week to week is beyond me i suppose it gets back to the mental side of things the other advantage of this is that if your opponent throws a big score in against you of course u will be aware of it by the reaction of the people watching the game but it is not as damaging to your confidence because there is nothing worse than actually watching your opponent throw a big score example 140 180 i hope this makes sense to everyone justin pipe stares at the floor hope this is of some help best of luck with the tourament
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 am

Best of luck with it Ginger, I think you have taken the next darting step which is great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 am

Best of luck Ginge. Just remember to enjoy the experience and dont beat yourself up if you dont play well.

You will in time get results.

If you lose a match, stay positive and try to spot where you lost it and practice that part of your game.

The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but you will gain invaluable knowledge and experience from it.
Back to top Go down
GingerTornado

GingerTornado

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks for the responses and all the advice guys.

I'm going into this tournament expecting to get beat every game, winning will be a huge bonus.

For me, it'll just be getting used to playing competitively and managing nerves asnd above all having fun!

Jamie373 - the tournament isn't in Glasgow unfortunately mate - it's deepest, darkest Ayrshire.

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Don't go in expecting to get beaten or you will lose every time, even if you are playing someone worse than you. Yes you will lose matches, but go in with the intention of giving it your best shot and to learn from the experience. Most of all though go in to enjoy it.

After a couple of weeks you will get the hang of how it all works and you may even end up surprising yourself by winning a few matches.

Also, as it's a singles league, try and get one or two of your pals to go along and watch for a bit of moral support - it's amazing how much a bit of support helps in these things, especially when starting out on your journey.

Good luck with it all and let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
GingerTornado

GingerTornado

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Thanks mc - I entered along with a mate so we'll have each other for that bit of moral support!

I'll be giving it my best shot, absolutely - I'm a competitive bugger by nature - but I'll need to temper that early on so the defeats don't get me down too much.

I'llpkeep you posted, cheers!

Back to top Go down
Darts-Lass

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 am

OI OI OI Duracell!!!!! Glad you are entering comps now....maybe see you at lakeside one day??!!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
GingerTornado

GingerTornado

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 am

Carol?

Where did you disappear to you?

Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 am

Shocked

Last edited by jamie373 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GingerTornado

GingerTornado

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:05 am

Brazen hussie
Back to top Go down
Darts-Lass

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:06 am

lol! lol on floor
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
shafted

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 am

Good luck mate, enjoy yourself
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:06 pm

let us know how it goes..... lately i've been scouting for the first tourney to enter myself. (most likely cricket).

501 seems to require a bit more game than i've got to offer at the moment. hmph.
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Best of luck ginger, and enjoy.......
Back to top Go down

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm

good luck mate you will be fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biting the bullet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biting the bullet   Biting the bullet Empty

Back to top Go down

Biting the bullet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1